Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Disappointments of the Year

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nhat.MTL

Nov 29, 2010
scotty21690 said:
rbadger said:
sportscardtheory said:
CARL CRAWFORD

Ditto! I thought he was going to have a monster year in Fenway!
RBI go ahead single, good timing, huh? =P

+1 for Crawford. My fantasy team was hoping for way more than 17 SB at this point of the season. He's averaged 44 over the last 3 years. I guess an OBP lower than .300 doesn't help (would be a first for him in a full year) as you need to get on base to steal. :(

G

uniquebaseballcards said:
Hanley Ramirez, Evan Longoria, David Wright, Joe Mauer haven't been particularly productive this year.
Mauer's played 67 games this year, kind of has to do with that

G

numba1yankeefan said:
pretty much all of my player collections. Most notably Casey McGehee and Francisco Liriano.
Should have sold after the no-hitter, and he almost had the second one in the season

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
mancini79 said:
Easily Vernon Wells.
BA: .201, OBP: .234, SLG: .365
At current rate, he will end with the lowest OBP in the past 20+ years. He has also been suspect in LF. Horrible numbers for any player, let alone getting paid $23m this year.
This is crap. I think most of us firmly believed he was going to continue to be as bad as last year.

mancini79

Jul 9, 2010
D-Lite said:
mancini79 said:
Easily Vernon Wells.
At current rate, he will end with the lowest OBP in the past 20+ years. He has also been suspect in LF. Horrible numbers for any player, let alone getting paid $23m this year.
This is crap. I think most of us firmly believed he was going to continue to be as bad as last year.
What are you talking about? His line last year
BA: .273, OBP: .331, SLG: .847, HR: 31.
I'd take a full lineup of players with a season like that. Wells' OBP is 100 points lower along with a drop of 250 OPS. There isn't another player with such a significant drop compared to last season.

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
mancini79 said:
D-Lite said:
mancini79 said:
Easily Vernon Wells.
What are you talking about? His line last year
BA: .273, OBP: .331, SLG: .847, HR: 31.
I'd take a full lineup of players with a season like that. Wells' OBP is 100 points lower along with a drop of 250 OPS. There isn't another player with such a significant drop compared to last season.
True, I guess last year wasn't as bad as his '07 and '09. The guy has been totally unreliable and I was speaking more to that.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts