Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

eBay Etiquette on shipping???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yclipper21

Feb 14, 2010
If one has purchased a higher end card and it has been a week since payment and the buyer has not shipped the card is it ok to ask for a refund, and move on??? I emailed a few times asking when I could expect shipping and the seller said he had the flu and that he would ship friday which was day 5. Friday he contacted me and said card shipped and for my troubles he
Would refund shipping, and give me a discount on my purchase. He asked me to ping his PayPal so he could easily refund me some money. I did that 1st thing sat morning, and still no refund, and the card has now had a label printed, but zero movement. Any advice here???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yclipper21

Feb 14, 2010
It's rare, and I want the card, but what I really don't want is to wait a few more days just to see it actually move and be expected to give positive feedback for shipping time and communication. Appreciate the responses regarding the situation, and we will see.

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
Post office sometimes doesn't update on the weekends.

If he created the label, I'm sure he dropped the card off and on Monday the system will be updated.

If he refunds the shipping costs for the five day delay, which isn't that long; Don't bang his DSR's if it shows up before Wed

Calripkenjrcollector

Dec 12, 2009
National City, California
This happened to me a couple of months ago. I BIN two cards for $36.63 including S/H. He sends me a wrong card with the right receipt. I PM the seller and he tells me to return the card and he will pay me back for the return shipping. I mailed the wrong card back, he acknowledge receipt and says my card is on the way. USPS number the seller gave me shows it's in a processing center. Ten days later, I ask the seller, he respond with "contact your post office". 30 days later, no card, still shows processing center. I leave the (very big, 21K + feedback) seller a negative and low and behold, he PM's and ask if I can change the feedback with the"very sorry I didn't know you haven't receive the card" speech. Not to worry, he continued on, I'll refund you right now. Sure enough, he refunds MINUS $8.00 shipping and handling (including return shipping). Today, the USPS number he gave me still shows processing center and I'm out $8.00. Thanks a million Burbank.....
The cards?
2003 Leaf Certified Materials Mirror Gold #22 Cal Ripken /25
Item # 360534857583
2002 Greats of the Game Through the Years Level 3 #13 Cal Ripken Hitting Jsy /25
Item # 310532337333 - Claimed to be missing and never mailed to me.

Labratt21

Aug 7, 2008
Sacramento, CA
I typically wait at least 2 weeks from the next mailing/business date after the auction ended to contact a seller about when they've sent an item. After that I'll send a polite email asking when the item might be sent. And I've only had to do this once.

djrulz

Aug 7, 2008
Jamestown
I'm still waiting on a card from January 14th. It's coming from Japan though.

Sent using my Zack Morris phone.

yclipper21

Feb 14, 2010
Shipping time was 2 business days, but I took care of it with the seller.. Felt kinda bad.. He had the flu and wasn't able to ship all last week..

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
This happened to me a couple of months ago. I BIN two cards for $36.63 including S/H. He sends me a wrong card with the right receipt. I PM the seller and he tells me to return the card and he will pay me back for the return shipping. I mailed the wrong card back, he acknowledge receipt and says my card is on the way. USPS number the seller gave me shows it's in a processing center. Ten days later, I ask the seller, he respond with "contact your post office". 30 days later, no card, still shows processing center. I leave the (very big, 21K + feedback) seller a negative and low and behold, he PM's and ask if I can change the feedback with the"very sorry I didn't know you haven't receive the card" speech. Not to worry, he continued on, I'll refund you right now. Sure enough, he refunds MINUS $8.00 shipping and handling (including return shipping). Today, the USPS number he gave me still shows processing center and I'm out $8.00. Thanks a million Burbank.....
The cards?
2003 Leaf Certified Materials Mirror Gold #22 Cal Ripken /25
Item # 360534857583
2002 Greats of the Game Through the Years Level 3 #13 Cal Ripken Hitting Jsy /25
Item # 310532337333 - Claimed to be missing and never mailed to me.

Look, I had that happen with a card. It was about a $20 card but it was one I needed and it's kinda rare. The guy sent it out and it sat at the sorting center for like 3 months. By this time the seller had refunded me and actually thought I was yanking his chain and just trying to get a free card. But it took three freaking months and finally I check the mail and it's there. I contacted the seller and sent his money back but he still kinda acted like he didn't really want to fool with it. But this kind of stuff does happen.

Members online

Latest posts