Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Garage Sale STEAL!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
tide12champrings said:
Typical FCB pissing and moaning. Nice find OP.

Typical posting without reading an entire thread

They are FAKE!

:lol:

Edit: ~Damn you Russ, you jerk for posting the same thing I was, before I did, how dare you you ass shat?!?!~ :lol:

tide12champrings

Aug 8, 2008
Gulf Shores
Musial Collector said:
tide12champrings said:

They are FAKE!

Edit: ~Damn you Russ, you jerk for posting the same thing I was, before I did, how dare you you ass shat?!?!~ :lol:

No need in reading the whole thread. Bashing somebody for posting what they believe is a good deal is nothing new on FCB.

1nvested

Apr 24, 2011
tide12champrings said:
Musial Collector said:
tide12champrings said:

They are FAKE!

No need in reading the whole thread. Bashing somebody for posting what they believe is a good deal is nothing new on FCB.

I'll still get a couple of bucks for the reprints, the Starting Lineup's are on eBay, and I pissed off a good amount of people on FCB.....

0307-charlie-sheen-winning-00-480x443.jpg

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
1nvested said:
I'll still get a couple of bucks for the reprints, the Starting Lineup's are on eBay, and I pissed off a good amount of people on FCB.....
hahaah you think you pissed people off? WOW

1nvested

Apr 24, 2011
nyc3 said:
1nvested said:

from the looks of the last 9 pages.....yup.

JTfor3

Mar 5, 2009
1nvested said:
nyc3 said:
1nvested said:

You should be very proud that you managed to piss off a few people, by low-balling an old-lady...but the joke ended up being on you. Yes, very proud.

brian26

Nov 12, 2010
riveraXVX said:
1nvested said:
Russ S. said:
cgilmo said:
henderson939 said:
[quote="Russ S.":1z1bdlaw][quote="brouthercard":1z1bdlaw][quote="tonsofcommons":1z1bdlaw]Ok. I'm going to be the 1st to ask... What did he have on them that you felt the need to BARGAIN him down to $30?

Yah, if you try to bargain him down, you take the risk he may check ebay just to make sure you weren't ripping him off too much!

Or did he sound like the kind of guy who wouldn't own a computer?
It was probably that the Gma looked like she was easy to rip off.

Hope they are reprints.

What are you kidding me? I know if you came across them you would do the same thing, so dont act like your some fracking saint. Only a jealous person would make a post like that.

eh, he's just a typical hater.
Please. Screw both of you.

Knowing that IF they were real, he'd make a killing no matter what they were asking. They look flawless.
But to be ****** and haggle them down to "$30".

Come on. Dick move and you both know it.

I'm not jealous or a hater. I don't collect basketball so I could give 2 shats.
I just call them like I see them.

Yeah, I'm the bad guy here. ::facepalm:: ::facepalm::[/quote:1z1bdlaw]

I had no idea if they were real or how much they were worth. I was figuring I could flip em for 100 total. It wasn't til I got home and checked eBay when I realized how much they could be worth.[/quote:1z1bdlaw]

so you had no clue whatsoever that if those two cards were real and in those condition that you would have made an absolute KILLING at $30? who doesn't at least know the relative value of a jordan rookie that is into sports cards... I mean even if you weren't sure how many zeros to tack onto the price... did you really think a jordan RC in that shape "might fetch you 50 bucks?"

?[/quote:1z1bdlaw]

The fact that the poster started a thread called "GARAGE SALE STEAL!!!!!" makes you think he knew what he was up to.

Hullfan

Aug 9, 2008
St Louis
The way I read it was that the old lady called her son and he was supposedly the one "talked down to 30.00". If this was the case the son probably knew they were fake and had no problem selling them. So I'm not sure why the OP was taking all the flack for haggling with an old lady when he really dealt with the son if that in fact was the case.

Sportsnutcards

May 4, 2009
Belmar, NJ
Just a quick thought/question... If it was a store owner who did the same thing to an old lady who brought the card into the store, would it be considered a steal or would it be considered ripping the old lady off?

justinmandawg

Aug 7, 2008
Kansas City
1nvested said:
tide12champrings said:
Musial Collector said:
tide12champrings said:

They are FAKE!

I'm sure the Jordan "rookies" are also.

justinmandawg

Aug 7, 2008
Kansas City
justinmandawg said:
1nvested said:
tide12champrings said:
Musial Collector said:
tide12champrings said:

They are FAKE!

I'm sure the Jordan "rookies" are also. (on ebay)

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
1nvested said:
nyc3 said:
1nvested said:

so your intent here was just to piss people off?

You know we ban people for trolling right?

Boylen33

Jan 26, 2011
Alabama
I think his original intent was obviously to brag about a huge score he thought he had made. I think his intent changed once he realized he didn't score anything.

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
Lesson learned on this thread:

When posting on a message board, wordage is VERY important.

When you use the terms "steal", "talked down" and "granny" in your thread, prepare to get flamed. People are protective of their grannies, even if they are chain smokers. This is similar to using the terms "world's greatest" and "hands down" without being able to back it up. You will get flamed. Yes, you will.

jrinne

Sep 25, 2008
brouthercard said:
Lesson learned on this thread:

When posting on a message board, wordage is VERY important.

When you use the terms "steal", "talked down" and "granny" in your thread, prepare to get flamed. People are protective of their grannies, even if they are chain smokers. This is similar to using the terms "world's greatest" and "hands down" without being able to back it up. You will get flamed. Yes, you will.

I don't think the terms "steal" and "talked down" are words that should get anyone flamed. Were all looking for that "steal" on either a PC piece or an item we can flip. Anyone who does garage sales or estate sales knows you always try to "talk down" the seller on the listed price. Its called smart business.

shayscards79

Aug 17, 2010
Chicago
1nvested said:
I shouldnt have to defend myself on this. She offered a price, I offered a slightly lower price. Since I bought a few items, she accepted the package offer. Trust me, she wouldve taken 5 if I offered it. She just wanted money to go buy some cigarettes. Win win situation...

I agree totally. You can tell who the real investors are and those who just like to play around. Whether the cards are real or not.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts