Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Griffey Collector's Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

murphy17

Nov 28, 2010
That Prizm 1/1 is not worth much to me as a collector. I don't think I'd pay more than $100 for it, or most of the other Panini cards from this past year and forward. When they lost their license to display team names and logos, that completely ended it for me. I'd rather have a Griffey card numbered to as much as 25 from Topps (with the logos) than a 1/1 Panini card any day. The Panini cards remind of all the unlicensed manufacturers from the 90's that would print players without any team logos. It just looks cheap when the logos are removed or a player is displayed in such a way where the logo cannot be seen. Just my opinion on it. I don't know why collectors pay so much money for this garbage.

murphy17

Nov 28, 2010
I just don't get why people chase these newer Panini cards when there are SO MANY AWESOME Griffey cards from the 90's to pursue. Panini could lose their rights to put player images on cards too, and soon you'll see a refractor 1/1 that just has the name "Griffey Jr." and some color to it, and idiots would pay $1000 for that too. Anyways, that is my rant... It doesn't impact me one way or the other, but I would just like someone to tell me what the appeal is with these products.

bedot

Dec 4, 2011
It's not the appeal. I agree with you but then again I'm a grad student with limited $. If I had an unlimited bank account I'm sure the logic switches to strictly acquiring every card possible without any budgeting plan. To each his own I guess

murphy17

Nov 28, 2010
Yeah it wasn't too long ago I was a grad student as well with a much more limited budget. Even now though, there are more than enough cards from his playings days (especially the 90's) to pursue that will account for more than enough of one's hobby spending.

FriarG

Aug 21, 2011
New Jersey
I just saw this on EBAY..

When are these companies going to match up the GU jersey with the picture?

View attachment 16150

In a base Topps release? Never. Griffey mariners jerseys cost 3x that of his Reds jersey. The commercials don't work out if you're cutting up the good stuff to put in $65 boxes. Hell, I'm still annoyed by the bat slices they used in Museum collection instead of jersey patches. That's just egregious.

FrostyCollects

Sep 28, 2011
Michigan
I know what ya mean, I guess if you have a Steady Hand and a Tweezers...... oh never mind.......hehe

operation-board-game.jpg

Years of playing that game will get it done without a hitch.... :cool:

jpcz

Aug 10, 2008
NY
Hope it gets resisted, I'd pay a good amount for it since I'm two cards away from the rainbow....

Sent from my iPad using Freedom Card Board mobile app

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
Wasnt the Mailday I was hoping fer........ listing sounded like the Redemption card
so before I return to sender
anyone wanna buy this??

Members online

Latest posts