Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Griffey Collector's Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jpcz

Aug 10, 2008
NY
All three hit eBay early on...I was lucky to grab the last one. Mine is unfortunately PC since I am collecting that set. I think I am only 2 cards away from that inscriptions set, just like I am the 05 inscriptions set.

I don't know where the third one is...I don't think it's on the board with a member

Sent from my iPad using Freedom Card Board mobile app

bedot

Dec 4, 2011
I see...it's the only inscription with a young Griffey pictured...from his early playing days...that's why I like it the best

Junior Griffey

Aug 12, 2008
Ottawa IL
Thanks for the heads up. I didn't figure $400 was realistic...figured it was around. $200. I just have never seen a copy before.

FYI on that inscription card...it is very overpriced. Ive tracked every sale of the card, and the average sale price is 174. Theres actually 2 on ebay right now...one with a starting bid of 299 (which has never sold before) and the one you mentioned at 399OBO (which this person, unless sold again offline, purchased for $230.

flarick

Apr 30, 2009
South Florida
Griffey 'Cameo' Cards

Any other anal Jr. collectors besides me into Jr. 'cameo' cards? I'm looking for team header/CL cards from the '97 UDCC team sets. Cards have an image of Jr. on the backs. Both Beckett and SCD list 10 different teams but I've picked up 11 teams with the Cubs the one not listed. A Padres team set is rumored to exist but I've never seen one. There are two different versions of the team header cards for each team. Some have different players and cards have different holograms. Anal enough??? Anyone else chasing these??? Mariners examples attached to show two variations.

I've followed the FCB thread on 'cameos' and it is highly entertaining. Blurred background images and a player's feet are grounds for some cards to enter one's PC....

97 UDCC MARINERS TEAM SET HEADERS.jpg

ckurdelski

Jul 4, 2012
Hey Rick - I've been trying to grab those too. Still need quite a few of 'em though - both of the Cubs, the Dodgers NNO, both of the Padres, the Rangers NNO, the Rockies NNO, the White Sox NNO, and the Yankees NNO. Sounds like you have a Cubs one?

flarick

Apr 30, 2009
South Florida
Chris, I have the Cubs CC but not the NNO. I still need both Padres and the NNO cards for the Indians, Rockies, White Sox, Dodgers, Yankees and Rangers. Looks like we both have a ways to go!!

flarick

Apr 30, 2009
South Florida
thoses from special team set or from reg packs?

Came from two different special team sets. The more prevalent were in Wal mart Blister packs and included the 3x5 "Home Team Heroes" Jumbo card. Packs had 14 cards - 13 players plus the team header/CL. Wal mart packs cards numbered 1-13 with team prefix i.e. Mariners SM1 to SM13 with the header SM. The other packs had 13 regular production cards and the header has no number.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
Any other anal Jr. collectors besides me into Jr. 'cameo' cards? I'm looking for team header/CL cards from the '97 UDCC team sets. Cards have an image of Jr. on the backs. Both Beckett and SCD list 10 different teams but I've picked up 11 teams with the Cubs the one not listed. A Padres team set is rumored to exist but I've never seen one. There are two different versions of the team header cards for each team. Some have different players and cards have different holograms. Anal enough??? Anyone else chasing these??? Mariners examples attached to show two variations.

I've followed the FCB thread on 'cameos' and it is highly entertaining. Blurred background images and a player's feet are grounds for some cards to enter one's PC....

View attachment 16755

Did you see my post in the Cameo thread of the two Griffey's with Jody Reed?

View attachment 16792View attachment 16793

corockies

Mar 23, 2013
Colorado
Got this one a few weeks ago - my first Griffey serial #ed first:

85.original.jpg
85.original.back.jpg

GriffeyFan

Nov 28, 2011
^ Another one i got outbid on lol,Went for alot more than I was willing to pay,but its cool numbering.Nice card bud.

brinn1

Sep 2, 2008
Cincinnati, Ohio
Hi, regarding 97 hot gloves request, can you give me a scan, I'm sure I have one. Also need help with a question from a friend.
" about 1998 showcase legacy row 0 card."
He thinks he may have fake as
" No player name on the back side(printed blue) and missing coating on front
side. "
Need to know what to tell him about the card
thanks much, S Brinn

flarick

Apr 30, 2009
South Florida
Hi, regarding 97 hot gloves request, can you give me a scan, I'm sure I have one. Also need help with a question from a friend.
" about 1998 showcase legacy row 0 card."
He thinks he may have fake as
" No player name on the back side(printed blue) and missing coating on front
side. "
Need to know what to tell him about the card
thanks much, S Brinn

Hi Steve, Check back on pg. 324 in this thread. I posted everything you need to know about the '98 Legacy Row 0 cards!! Bottom line is that you have described a fake.

Members online

Latest posts