Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Griffey Collector's Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bogeysave82

Jan 16, 2013
That is Griffey's personality very dry and sarcastic. Not poor form when he is asked silly questions he gives silly answers. He isn't a fan of the media or doing interviews there was one reporter in Cincy he would talk to that's it. And if you notice he was playing because at the end he was going to expand on his answers but interview was cut.

Blane

Oct 13, 2012
So, I'm finally home from deployment. I found a card while gone that I was looking for a long time for: It's the Row 0, 1997 Legacy. I also picked up a couple others that are below. Also, the two cards from 1998 are the packed out version and the backdoor version.
image_zps644840d9.jpg

image_zpsc4d20a3e.jpg

image_zps01e8c991.jpg

bedot

Dec 4, 2011
So, I'm finally home from deployment. I found a card while gone that I was looking for a long time for: It's the Row 0, 1997 Legacy. I also picked up a couple others that are below. Also, the two cards from 1998 are the packed out version and the backdoor version.
image_zps644840d9.jpg

image_zpsc4d20a3e.jpg

image_zps01e8c991.jpg

Thanks for serving sir, and yeah those are beauties

bedot

Dec 4, 2011
I just got this back from BGS...gold bar :) and these archive minis are are a really unique design with the color frameImageUploadedByFreedom Card Board1394169124.114192.jpg

murphy17

Nov 28, 2010
Those are very nice Blane! I know you picked up the backdoored 1998 from me a couple months back. I may start chasing after this Legacy set as well.

murphy17

Nov 28, 2010
I don't know what has been going on with his auctions. medoogan (Thomas) is actually one of my very good friends. He has unfortunately come across tough times and has had to slowly sell out his collection, but he has received some insane prices for his cards, like $20 for that base and $50 something for that refractor. I guess he is just extremely lucky. He also received $70+ for a 1998 score artist's proof. His buyers are actually paying for the auctions they're winning too. I don't understand it either, but good for him.

num1jrfan

May 19, 2013
i'm looking to complete these 2 sets. as well as others i'v posted. but if you come across any oof the missing letters or see them any where please let me know. i also have an extra "H" if someone is lookinf gor that as well.

Members online

Latest posts