Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Griffey Collector's Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
There was a Crusade Green and Purple last night on eBay but of course the auction was ended early. I would really like the chance to bid on Griffeys cards one of these times; it gets a bit old that they always get sold without having a chance at them. Oh well...

1998GREENCRUSADES.jpg

1998PURPLECRUSADES.jpg

redcrusade.jpg

MadHandle11

Jan 31, 2011
Spokane, WA
Yep, I saw those two and even talked to the seller. I wanted the Green. What happens is Griffey fans with deep pockets send high offers to get them to end early, knowing there is a good chance they will be outbid if the auction runs its full course.

Just out of curiosity, what would you pay for a purple?

The purple was out of my league but I was hoping to pick up a green. The last went OBO for $250. What do you suspect the purple would fetch? 1K?

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
The purple was out of my league but I was hoping to pick up a green. The last went OBO for $250. What do you suspect the purple would fetch? 1K?

I got my purple in auction about a year ago for a little over $400. The seller seemed to think his would bring $180 and $400... so I'm thinking they sold around $600 for the pair.

Joey_peapod

Jan 27, 2014

What goob said above. There is a reason cards of the mirror gold caliber don't touch ebay, it's evidence!

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
Possession is nine-tenths of the law. I don't wanna step on any toes, but if his "dibsies" on it have expired, maybe we can work something?

I really wish parting with my collection was easier than it is................ more than likely you'll be dealing with my kids when that time comes :-?

Last edited:

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
origins5.jpg

2005oldjudge3-5.jpg

I once owned 1/5.......2/5....3/5......5/5 of the Old Judges now just own the 3/5 ,never did see the 4/5

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Great looking card ! Though I wish if they made the back all about fielding and over the shoulder catches , the pic should match

Ryan

Thanks Ryan! I agree, the wording is pretty great on the back but stinks they didn't show a proper photo of it on the front.

Another Sweet Griffey pull by you Congrats :)

Thanks Michael! Lucky as of late with him. This is my 3rd Griffey Mariners autograph pull within 2 years, with 2 of them being /5 and the other /25. FYI, I still haven't forgot about the Seattle joker for you ;)

Members online

Latest posts