Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Griffey Collector's Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SeattlefantillIdie

Oct 2, 2008
KENMORE, WASHINGTON
Well, I was able to get to F2Tornado first and was able to get this bad-boy:
1998SelectFiveStarBonus.jpg

1998 Select Five Star Bonus #'d 26/50

Then, as a nice gesture, a couple of bonus cards:

1998FleerTraditionTaleoftheTape.jpg

1998 Fleer Tradition Tale of the Tape
2000FinestDreamCast.jpg

2000 Finest Dream Cast

So, I give a nice shoutout, THANK YOU to F2Tornado for such a nice card!!!

Jays_Cards

Jan 1, 2009
Does anyone here care for Griffey Memorabilia? I have an Upper Deck Authenticated Autographed 600HR Ken Griffey Jr Jersey serial numbered to 33 with matching UD Holos signed with the date (06/09/08) of number 600 and with the "600 HR" inscription. If anyone is interested, I can get some actual pictures of everything. I just wanted to post this here before trying to sell through ebay. Here is a photo of what the jersey looks like...

bak25913.jpg

coqxxx4

Aug 7, 2008
Just wanted to drop by and say hey! Been a long time since I posted and there has been a lot of great cards that have been picked up. It is harder and harder to try and find the right Griffeys to buy. I have picked up some of Roy's auctions filling holes in my collection (thanks again) and as always Roy has thrown in extras (for FREE)....Now if I could only get Magic to throw in one of those 1989 Upper Deck Autos :D

While I have been away I have to deceided to build a Griffey library of the cards I own. Scan, crop, and post all the cards I have on my trade page. Didn't think it was going to be this much work. it has been around a month and a half and I have up till 1998 done and on my page. Take a look if you have time and tell me what you think (the links are on the left side bottom of my page).

TRADE PAGE

Now for the question???? I'm sure we have all seen this card

Griffey 2008 UD Premier Game Used Bat Barrel

Now all the bats I have seen and I even own a Griffey "Louisville Slugger Genuine C271" bought directly from the Louisville factory, it is the same bat as the one Upper Deck sells as there 600th homerun anniversary bat. On all these bats they do not have Griffey's name written in scrpt like on this bat barrel. All have his autograph as seen on some of the older bat barrels that have been releashed in previous years. The only bats (that I have found) that have his name written in the script writing are the Big Stick bats, which I'm pretty sure Griffey does and has not used. Just wondering if you might think that this might not be game used? He might use them for batting practice or something like that? I talked the wife into letting me put a nice offer in for the card, but then starting thinking about this and was just wondering your thoughts?

Maybe Magic can use his contacts at Upper Deck to see ehat they say?

AGAIN Great pickups for everyone and hope everything is going well for you guys

Cobra29svt

Aug 7, 2008
Richmond, Va
Very happy to have picked up a JR Auto in a White Sox uni. I was gonna wait 'til they dropped to $50ish but I couldn't help it. $75 BIN + shipping

Also would like some advice on this card. I've been thinking about listing it on eBay to help offset the cost of the Sweet Spot, but I have no clue if it's worth listing. Any idea/guess as to what it would sell for?

#01/75

Roy Birchler

Aug 7, 2008
Northern California
coqxxx4 said:
Just wanted to drop by and say hey! Been a long time since I posted and there has been a lot of great cards that have been picked up. It is harder and harder to try and find the right Griffeys to buy. I have picked up some of Roy's auctions filling holes in my collection (thanks again) and as always Roy has thrown in extras (for FREE)....Now if I could only get Magic to throw in one of those 1989 Upper Deck Autos :D

While I have been away I have to deceided to build a Griffey library of the cards I own. Scan, crop, and post all the cards I have on my trade page. Didn't think it was going to be this much work. it has been around a month and a half and I have up till 1998 done and on my page. Take a look if you have time and tell me what you think (the links are on the left side bottom of my page).

TRADE PAGE

Now for the question???? I'm sure we have all seen this card

Griffey 2008 UD Premier Game Used Bat Barrel

Now all the bats I have seen and I even own a Griffey "Louisville Slugger Genuine C271" bought directly from the Louisville factory, it is the same bat as the one Upper Deck sells as there 600th homerun anniversary bat. On all these bats they do not have Griffey's name written in scrpt like on this bat barrel. All have his autograph as seen on some of the older bat barrels that have been releashed in previous years. The only bats (that I have found) that have his name written in the script writing are the Big Stick bats, which I'm pretty sure Griffey does and has not used. Just wondering if you might think that this might not be game used? He might use them for batting practice or something like that? I talked the wife into letting me put a nice offer in for the card, but then starting thinking about this and was just wondering your thoughts?

Maybe Magic can use his contacts at Upper Deck to see ehat they say?

AGAIN Great pickups for everyone and hope everything is going well for you guys

That isn't even the same as the Big Stick that I found,
Big Stick
cc8f_1.jpg
Bat Barrel
44d4_1.jpg

KC37

Aug 7, 2008
Massachusetts
Cobra29svt said:
Also would like some advice on this card. I've been thinking about listing it on eBay to help offset the cost of the Sweet Spot, but I have no clue if it's worth listing. Any idea/guess as to what it would sell for?

#01/75

I just picked up these two versions /10 this week, for under $70 total:

GriffeyDualPatch.jpg
c543_1.jpg

So, that might give you an idea.

KLARNOLD

Sep 17, 2008
Owensboro, KY
How many of you Griffey collectors have the 1989 Upper Deck "Purple Hat" variation or have seen one? Many Griffey collectors don't consider it a variation and some probably have never heard of it. Beckett use to list it in the price guide.

RudyGayExquisite

Sep 1, 2008
I have one but there is very little difference.

I think a few collectors who found them were hoping the error crazed(frank thomas NNOF) people would embrace these, and it seems they never really did.

Members online

Latest posts