Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Griffey Collector's Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

klute14

Dec 4, 2008
Maine
Hey Fellas-

I need some help.
I pulled this out of a 14 Box break of 05 Rookie Cup:

05rctb45.jpg

It's #'d 15/15.

I have been asked what I am looking for in terms of a sale price.
I have done some ebay research for comparable Griff low #'d refractors and they seem to be all over the map.
I have seen some #'d to 25 go for $38 and #'d to 50 go for $35.
What would be a good asking price for this?

jbrown

Nov 28, 2009
KY
Roy Birchler said:
Has this card fallen this low?
[ebay:kgg4ztxw]380307469970[/ebay:kgg4ztxw]

That is not the original for 1997. Those still do quite well. this is the 2005 version that looks like the original only much easier to find. But maybe you knew that and I am an idiot :D

Roy Birchler

Aug 7, 2008
Northern California
jbrown said:
Roy Birchler said:
Has this card fallen this low?
[ebay:1asna816]380307469970[/ebay:1asna816]

That is not the original for 1997. Those still do quite well. this is the 2005 version that looks like the original only much easier to find. But maybe you knew that and I am an idiot :D

Yea, I knew it was the 2005. The last I knew they were selling for $50-60.

CubsFan13

Jul 1, 2010
I will add my three Griffey autos to this ridiculous thread. The etching was packed pulled and is /50.

img563.jpg

img080.jpg

img064.jpg

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
Roy Birchler said:
jbrown said:
[quote="Roy Birchler":3afbon7n]Has this card fallen this low?
[ebay:3afbon7n]380307469970[/ebay:3afbon7n]

Yea, I knew it was the 2005. The last I knew they were selling for $50-60.[/quote:3afbon7n]
dang, in the past ive seen a few got for a few hundred

AK11

May 24, 2010
I love Griffey inserts from the 90s and pickup some if from time to time. He was my idol growing up in the 90s, and thus my favorite parallel and insert pack pull. Anyways, this was on ebay recently and I wanted it so bad I lost my inhibition to buy wisely and make an offer. I clicked the BIN so fast and overpaid for it, but it was at the top of my wantlist for Griffey inserts. Even though these are numbered to 100, raw book value is $100, so a solid gem mint didn't bother me that much at $200. I am extremely happy to get this one today in the mailbox :D :

griffeyTChromeAllegianceRefgmmt.jpg

And yes, it is 2000, not 90s, but is he still in his Mariners uniform. Thanks,

Andrew

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
Just got this back - thanks "itsinthegrade"!!

Was hoping for a 9, but will settle for an 8.5, since there are only 3 graded higher.
grifmantle.jpg

I finally got a spare 2005 Studio Portraits Griffey card to trade with. I have a White (gray) - Color #/70 Zenith. I still need the Red -Color and Sepia (Tan) - Black & White cards to complete my 8-card Griffey Type set from this monster set. If you have any extra's to trade from this set, please PM me. Thanks.

PS. If you're not familiar with this set (56-cards X 100 players), please see the first page of my thread for details/suggestions:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=70507&start=0

Bigfan5

Aug 7, 2008
Do any of you have the 09 Ultimate Patch in his Reds uniform? I've only seen two of them and it's one of about 7 cards I need to complete the set. If anyone has one I'd love to see some scans.

Thanks!

boostedevo

Jan 27, 2011
New here, first post, but I thought it's probably the best place I could post!

I'm trying to complete the 2009 Sweet Spot auto's (just like Mr. Stepper whom I jacked these pics from his bucket, hope he don't mind :) ) I have the others in the set but not these two (and obviously not the 1/1)! Any help would be Sweet (no pun)! Carry on guys, if anything it's a thread bump :D Oh and I know theres a Black Glove/Gold Auto one on Becket MArketplace but the signature is soooo smeared. I've seen three so far and Mr. Stepper has the best one I think. The one on Becket should be priced a lot lower too, especially for the smeared auto.

gloveautogoldink.jpg

blackballAuto.jpg

deadman31

Sep 15, 2010
Hey guys. I used to collect Griffey Jr back in the 1990s. I have a small collection of unopened Wheaties boxes featuring Jr. that unfortunately I have to get rid of. Does anyone know if these have any value? or if anyone is interested in them(I know I am new here lol) :)

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
boostedevo said:

I'm trying to complete the 2009 Sweet Spot auto's (just like Mr. Stepper whom I jacked these pics from his bucket, hope he don't mind :) ) I have the others in the set but not these two (and obviously not the 1/1)! Any help would be Sweet (no pun)! Carry on guys, if anything it's a thread bump :D Oh and I know theres a Black Glove/Gold Auto one on Becket MArketplace but the signature is soooo smeared. I've seen three so far and Mr. Stepper has the best one I think. The one on Becket should be priced a lot lower too, especially for the smeared auto.

gloveautogoldink.jpg

blackballAuto.jpg

good luck in your search. I'm still waiting for the 1/1's to pop up. The black ball black stitch auto has so far been the most difficult for me to get. I passed by 2 because the sigs were just messed up in my opinion. then this one came along. haven't seen or heard of 2 of the 1/1's and i know a fellow member here and on beckett has one of them. tried several times but never get past the first offer for it. maybe someday.

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
When i moved i went through my boxes and found some cool stuff i forgot all about over the years:
(this is just some of the stuff)
GRIFFEYODDBALL.jpg
GRIFFEYODDBALL7.jpg
GRIFFEYODDBALL6.jpg
GRIFFEYODDBALL5.jpg
GRIFFEYODDBALL4.jpg
GRIFFEYODDBALL3.jpg
GRIFFEYODDBALL2.jpg
GRIFFEYODDBALL1.jpg
fggnxdfhsjsrt.jpg
fghjsfgjhsrtjhsrrtj.jpg
sfhsjtrjsrtjhrj.jpg
sdyjdtyjdfjsrsry.jpg
sxfthfgjrjhsryjhrys.jpg

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
michaelstepper said:
boostedevo said:

gloveautogoldink.jpg

blackballAuto.jpg

good luck in your search. I'm still waiting for the 1/1's to pop up. The black ball black stitch auto has so far been the most difficult for me to get. I passed by 2 because the sigs were just messed up in my opinion. then this one came along. haven't seen or heard of 2 of the 1/1's and i know a fellow member here and on beckett has one of them. tried several times but never get past the first offer for it. maybe someday.

The Gold ink on black bat look good as well.. :D

griffey-ss-gold.jpg

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
I agree:
Picture4.png

Pinbreaker said:
michaelstepper said:
boostedevo said:

gloveautogoldink.jpg

blackballAuto.jpg

The Gold ink on black bat look good as well.. :D

griffey-ss-gold.jpg

ch2423

Jan 3, 2011
NE Ohio
Finally got around to rescanning all my Cruz stuff and figured I'd put up some Griffey's too. Nothing special, just some of my favorites. The Griffey collection began to suffer in 1997 for some odd reason.

KenGriffeyJr1996LeafSilverPressProofof100041Front.jpgnGriffeyJr2000UpperDeckMVPGoldScript13of50157Front.jpg
KenGriffeyJr2000BowmanChromeRetroRefractor122Front.jpg
KenGriffeyJr1989UpperDeckBGS9.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts