Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Griffey Collector's Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

murphy17

Nov 28, 2010
Very impressive plate collection! I've never heard of someone completing all 8 plates for an issue. The odds were certainly stacked against you!

num1jrfan

May 19, 2013
i actually just got them all from one guy on ebay. over about a week or 2. but he someone collected all of them.

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
It's time for another installment of "Framed Griffey displays that nobody gives a **** about." LOL I enjoy putting together "sets" of my favorite Griffey cards and displaying them. Gives me something to do besides putting them away into a box.

1997, 1998, 1999 Bowman Chrome International Refractor (#d/100)
interref.jpg

1998 Topps Gold Label Maris HR Race - Gold Label, Black Label and Red Label /61
HRRace.jpg

1998, 1999, 2000 Pacific MLB Icons Die-Cuts
Icons.jpg

Some of my favorite early Dufex cards:
93 Pinnacle Cooperstown, 93 Select Dufex Blank-Back Promo, 94 White Hot, 95 Z-Team
Dufex.jpg

Some of my favorite chrome/foil die-cuts
1998 Metal Titanium, 1997 Pacific Fireworks, 1997 Metal Mother Lode, 1997 Ultra Hitting Machines
DieCuts.jpg

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
As long as you have spots for them I like the "set" looks you have going. Try going for the 98 Chrome Base, Int, Golden Ann , Ref , Int Ref , Gold Ann Ref or the Cooperstown Base , Dufex , Promo ;)

Ryan

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
As long as you have spots for them I like the "set" looks you have going. Try going for the 98 Chrome Base, Int, Golden Ann , Ref , Int Ref , Gold Ann Ref or the Cooperstown Base , Dufex , Promo ;)

Ryan

Forgot about the promo. Havent seen one of those in a while. Once I get the golden anniversary (98 and 99) they will probably be put together by year.

murphy17

Nov 28, 2010
Thanks! I'll post some pics once I get the 2000 Ovation /10 in the mail. It will be every Mariners auto from 1994-2000.

murphy17

Nov 28, 2010
I'm not going to say, in the event that another appears on ebay (or privately) and I try to pick up a double ;)

tidel144

Jan 30, 2014
In light of Sean's impressive collecting accomplishment and drawing inspiration from another thread - and David's/Goob's recent post there - I'd like to check-in to see how are others coming along in their Griffey collections.

Of course there are probably be a handful of cards/memorabilia that we all are perpetually going after, but in circumstances where that is not the case, this thread is the best way to help each other out. My collection would not be what it is today since I first joined back in January and I have a lot of you to thank; always looking to reciprocate.

What are the items you are looking for the most? Mine are:

1. '97 Pinnacle Certified Mirror Gold Certified Team /25
  2. '99 Fleer Brilliants 24kt Gold /24
  3. '97 Totally Certified Platinum Gold /30
  4. '97 SPx Grand Finale /50
  5. '97 Donruss Preferred Precious Metals /100
  6. '98 E-X2001 Essential Credentials Future /91

Last edited:

murphy17

Nov 28, 2010
Rodney, that is a good idea, and I don't think it has been done before on this thread. It should at least make this thread a bit more active than it has been the last couple of months.

jpcz

Aug 10, 2008
NY
Congrats on getting it, great job! Figured it would be you in the end.

But thats not very nice...not sharing a card /10 that at lest a few of us would like adding to our collections. While not many of us can actually afford that small fortune whenever we wanted, nothing worse than popping our bubbles before we even see another one... :(

I'm not going to say, in the event that another appears on ebay (or privately) and I try to pick up a double ;)

num1jrfan

May 19, 2013
i need 2 by the letters

and a 2013 prizm gold and a 2013 triple threads /3 legands card. there is someone that has one but has buy it now for way to high and has bloocked me. probly because i said its not a $500 card. i need them for my rainbows but to no avail

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts