Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

~~~~~~~Happy Monday Morning Thread~~~~~~~

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
Good afternoon Men!

I need to stop spending money......
Damn, to many cards from my PC guys that are popping up at once.

Any guesses as to where this ends up?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/12128727358...ELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649#ht_63wt_1362

Im gonna guess in the 40-60 range but could go higher. The things not in its favor are he off centeredness, condition (Fraying edges) and Boggs patch over taking whole window. Now most of the time centering for a memorabilia card isn't as off putting as on rc cards but you would be surprised with how picky some memorabilia card collectors are. Same with the Condition. As for the Boggs patch, I get that technically there is more patch in the card being that it takes up the whole window but at the same time having half patch half jersey 95% of the time just makes a card look so much better.
Now what it has going for it is the super low numbering (which again its been a while since I have saw a #/5 version from that patch set), Redsox card and the Yaz patch is of wool material which will bring an extra bid or 2. Either way nice card and hope it tops out high for ya.

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
Morning all. My snowblower and I have become best friends this winter. About 4"-5" inches on Saturday. Fingers crossed it was the last time I needed to use it. Damn I'm tired of ice and snow. Been thinking alot about spring fishing lately!

So - rate this card artistically on a scale of 1 to 10: 1 being Rosie O'Donnel and 10 being your favorite Victoria's Secret model. Please note the creased lines and dinged corners are actually printed that way on the card. I'll reserve my opinion until after some votes.

$_3.JPG

This is probably a card I would need to see in person to better evaluate as from the scan I am not immediately impressed with the intentional printing damage. As of now I would give it a 5

darrend505

Aug 9, 2008
Mail day today, huge card from my set. Debating if I should hold off til I get the next one in to show off!

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
Afternoon.
Busy typical Monday here. In the teens this morning.
Card I won and paid for on the 27th of Feb still has an unclaimed status with paypal. Emailed the seller, he said all his auctions are that way and I checked again and he's not registered so I emailed again Saturday night telling him what mine showed and haven't heard a word

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
When I first saw it, I thought it was different, kinda retro-cool in an art-deco way. But now I just think its garish, with a bad photo of Grace and the usual complaint about no logos. I'm giving it a 3, with its only redeeming qualities being on-card auto and the "something different" factor. At least Panini is producing some new Grace's for me to chase, unlike Topps. Topps hasn't put him on a card since 2005.

So - rate this card artistically on a scale of 1 to 10: 1 being Rosie O'Donnel and 10 being your favorite Victoria's Secret model. Please note the creased lines and dinged corners are actually printed that way on the card. I'll reserve my opinion until after some votes.

$_3.JPG

Yanks2151

Nov 9, 2013
Hello everyone. I won a Whitey Ford signed card and the seller contacted me to tell me she mailed all the packages of items she sold. She found that my card was left behind and she thinks she sent me an empty envelope. Well I got the envelope and it was not empty. I found this:
image-100.jpg

I just emailed her to inform her of the situation. I told her I have heard of these problems and I would send it to the rightful owner if she gives me the address. A similar situation happened to me so I always said that I would return the favor. So it's today I can.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Good morning gents! Man been FOREVER since I've really dropped in... moved last week into another building and fighting a cold and just overwhelmed with work, ugh. Hope everyone is doing well.

js0000001

Oct 1, 2008
When I first saw it, I thought it was different, kinda retro-cool in an art-deco way. But now I just think its garish, with a bad photo of Grace and the usual complaint about no logos. I'm giving it a 3, with its only redeeming qualities being on-card auto and the "something different" factor. At least Panini is producing some new Grace's for me to chase, unlike Topps. Topps hasn't put him on a card since 2005.

solid 7

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Well since you mentioned it my #1 spring training long-shot came back today! I have to head out for dinner now but will scan later tonight.

I don't even want to see it. I hate when you post your returns because they all make me jealous :lol:

69MetsFan

Oct 20, 2008
Panama City, Florida
Good evening all!
I'm on the fence when it comes to those Pastime cards. I was watching two Ed Kranepool patches that ended last night. I even had my bidding finger an inch from the screen and just couldn't do it.
On a '69 Mets related subject, I received a Ron Swoboda '69 Topps buy back today. I think this will be a fun little set to chase. I saw where Brent of brentandbecca fame busted a slew of cases and had several on eBay that didn't sell. Does anybody have access to the case breaking king? I've tried PMing but haven't gotten a response.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Good day all.

First off, I won this last night. About $5 short in Paypal, but now I have 3 of the 4 plates. All 3 have been listed by the same seller, and all have had similar bid patterns.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/371013295907?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Next, I had a really sweet day in class. Our school's baseball coach is the son of former Yankee, Johnny Blanchard. He came to class to talk about his dad's time with the Yanks, and all sorts of other cool stuff. He even talked about Maris, and Mantle. Then he hung around to watch 61* with us, which was awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts