Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Harper Red Refractor BGS 10 Listed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jimmyjam1973

Aug 9, 2008
Schertz, TX
wow. what did I start? I just wanted to point out that the card is listed and now the hating starts, and calling him a ****** bag for high shipping and for comparing him to Mantle, etc, etc, etc. Is the Super (when pulled) going to be better....yes, but for the guy who said he'd rather have it in a top loader than a BGS 10 holder is nuts. Here's an example:

Chrome Raw = $25
Chrome BGS 9.5 = $120-$140

Refractor Raw = $80- $100
Refractor BGS 9.5 - $220 - $240

So don't tell me you'd rather have it in a top loader than a BGS 10 holder.

So put down all the HATER-AIDE and get off Ryan. This site really, really kills me sometimes.

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY
no high $$ bin/bo surprises me any more. lol! not the ridiculousness of it but the amount being offered/paid.

not sure how much a raw red got but 20k....maybe a tad lower? some sellers think higher the bin would warrant higher offers but i think it's the opposite. i think he'll get a few $1 offers from ebayers just to annoy the seller. lol!!

tell ur friend good luck! and yes, i agree that a non auto chrome should be moved while it's still hot so either auction it or lower the bin to a ballpark where he'd get some serious offer!

dave

jimmyjam1973

Aug 9, 2008
Schertz, TX
daveyou said:
no high $$ bin/bo surprises me any more. lol! not the ridiculousness of it but the amount being offered/paid.

not sure how much a raw red got but 20k....maybe a tad lower? some sellers think higher the bin would warrant higher offers but i think it's the opposite. i think he'll get a few $1 offers from ebayers just to annoy the seller. lol!!

tell ur friend good luck! and yes, i agree that a non auto chrome should be moved while it's still hot so either auction it or lower the bin to a ballpark where he'd get some serious offer!

dave

Oranges go for over $1K.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
jimmyjam1973 said:
wow. what did I start? I just wanted to point out that the card is listed and now the hating starts, and calling him a ****** bag for high shipping and for comparing him to Mantle, etc, etc, etc. Is the Super (when pulled) going to be better....yes, but for the guy who said he'd rather have it in a top loader than a BGS 10 holder is nuts. Here's an example:

Chrome Raw = $25
Chrome BGS 9.5 = $120-$140

Refractor Raw = $80- $100
Refractor BGS 9.5 - $220 - $240

So don't tell me you'd rather have it in a top loader than a BGS 10 holder.

So put down all the HATER-AIDE and get off Ryan. This site really, really kills me sometimes.

The comparisons your making are fruitless. The more rare and more expensive a card is, the less a 'high grade' will actually influience the final price. This a tried and true statment. Also, yes you did spam your friends auction, but even you must get a little giggle about the way he went about it. Asking $75 shipping? Thats not funny to you? And that description? It does not make you laugh? I'm sorry, but the auction looks like it was made by a 12 year old. And again, I understand he is your friend, but look at this auction out side of that box, because it's full of win.

jimmyjam1973

Aug 9, 2008
Schertz, TX
nyc3 said:
jimmyjam1973 said:

This site really, really kills me sometimes.

Unless its to pimp a friends auction, then its the bees knees.

It would have been posted by someone else anyways, so big freakin deal that I started a thread. When is school going to start up again????

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
jimmyjam1973 said:
nyc3 said:
jimmyjam1973 said:

It would have been posted by someone else anyways, so big freakin deal that I started a thread. When is school going to start up again????

Time to let it go, and get back on track here.

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
matfanofold said:
jimmyjam1973 said:
nyc3 said:
jimmyjam1973 said:

Time to let it go, and get back on track here.

Good idea. Lets get back to that shipping. Is 75.00 shipping not a ****** move jimmyjam?

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
Just curious, but what does everyone think this this will actually sell for?

I'm thinking ~$5000.....?

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY
1k for an orange?? geezuz....i've never checked any harper chrome parallel's so i didn't know what the approximate sales were. that's ALOT! lol!

i know it all varies but it's safe to say about 2x-2.5x multplier between an orange #/25 and red #/5? my recent red ref paid was $50 and oranges usually get 15-20ish. small sampling but...

so we can give a raw red ref. of harper at 2k-2.5k, give or take a few.

i know it's a bgs 10 but with such limited copy of the red in itself anyways with 5 total copies, just dont see such a huuuuuuge premium on it. i dont know...5k tops, maybe? pretty much the highest non superfractor, non auto sale ever for a bowman parallel?

buuuut in the end, his card, his price.

dave

Members online

Latest posts