Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

HOFer Auto you most want and why??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gonzaleznut

Aug 9, 2010
Texas
Simple question...Which HOFer Auto would you most like to add to your collection that you don't currently have???

Mine would have to be Lou Gehrig. He was an amazing player and his story is pretty great too. He also has a really beautiful signature and his stuff is plentiful enough that I will not have to mortgage me house to buy one.

Would love to hear what everyone else says.

Crewfan82

Apr 21, 2009
Hank Aaron Milwaukee Braves Auto. 2003 Heritage would be the one I would try to get. Why? Only other "Milwaukee" HOF I don't have an auto of.

His auto is getting pretty shaky on the newer stuff. Good example of that in the link below.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HANK-AARON-2013-TOPPS-TRIPLE-THREADS-BRAVES-BAT-AUTO-AUTOGRAPH-18-18-/360844334723?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item5403ff9683

If I were to get a non Milwaukee related auto it would be Clemente. I have always liked the Pirates for some reason. Fan of his as well as Mccutchen.

Last edited:

Gonzaleznut

Aug 9, 2010
Texas
Here is my Cobb. Easily the most I have ever spent on one autograph.

q77h010w.jpg

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
IMO, if you don't have a Ruth, that has to be the #1 auto most baseball collectors would want. Not as much because of value but because he is a cornerstone type figure in the sport and hobby, right?

Anyways, that's my #1 regardless. I will have a signed ball by him one day :)

---
Buying Albert Belle cards! PM me!

Bogeysave82

Jan 16, 2013
I would love to replace the mantle ball I had stolen from me. It was bold and beautiful signed in blue ink back in 1988 at music hall in Cincinnati. I was 6 I believe the show was part of the all star festivities. My father like many of his age mickey was his childhood hero so dad didn't hesitate when he had the chance to get his autograph. Even though I was 6 I remember dad pointing mickey out and explaining why he was the best. Not to mention it was my first card show attended. I'm looking for a ball I can trace back to that show. I've only found one in about a 4 year search that came from that day. By the time I had the funds it was gone :(.

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
Rube Waddell

Been on my want list for 14 years..

Impossible to find real ones..

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
Have always been intrigued by the tragic death of Ed Delahanty. Big Ed Delahanty died much too young at the age of 35 in 1903. His auto is extremely rare like Waddell's, so that is why I'll put it at the top of the list. I will however obviously never own one.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Aside from all of the great early era players who's autographs are prohibitively expensive, I'd make my list include the top Dodger players I don't have yet.

Several HOFers (probably not all inclusive), none of which made a career of the Dodgers, but had a connection:

Rabbitt Maranville
Hack Wilson
Babe Ruth
KiKi Cuyler
Dan Brouthers
Tony Lazzeri
Larry MacPhail

And perhaps the only true Dodgers for the list:

Wilbert Robinson
Branch Rickey

Gonzaleznut

Aug 9, 2010
Texas
Some absolutely awesome responses. I would love to have any of the ones mentioned. Such a hard question to answer.

Members online

Latest posts