Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Is it me, or is this actually legit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2003-BABE-R...1628460866?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item27f5da7b42

I've seen a couple Ruth 2003 & 2001 FOTG patch pieces that are almost certainly faked (I know he has a card #/19 that was made to be from the patch itself but I'm talking about the others that should have been plain jersey pieces). One of them was even slabbed as authentic, I believe by JSA but I could be wrong - it wasn't PSA or SGC. This one looks legit to me because I have the plain jersey of this card, the grey material looks perfect and that slight brownish discoloration you see on the outer edges where the fabric connects with the cardboard is present on my piece as well.

What do you guys think?

mrwhitesox30

Oct 7, 2008
Buying a Ruth patch from a jersey set is like buying a Mickey Mantle autograph that isn't certified. It might be real, but there are too many fakes out there that I would never buy a Ruth patch unless it's from a prime set. There are some versions of FOTG that have a higher chance of containing a prime patch than others, but it's not across the board for all players.

Members online