Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Last Month of Mail, VINTAGE Style!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrniceguy1126

Oct 6, 2008
NEPA
I've been taking my collection in a new direction as of late. Cut down on the modern cards and focus on mid-grade vintage. For vintage, PSA seems the way to go and I like the look of the holders. I'm also amazed at how cheap some of these cards can be! Someone on the boards told of his "PSA strategy" and I thought it genius. The decade is the grade you try to get the cards in (ex. 1960s = PSA 6, 70s = PSA 7, etc.). Obviously, I'd get a better grade if I could afford it or lower grade if I can't, but that's a basic rule of thumb. Without further rambling...on to the cards:
1. These 3 came in a lot & cost right around $7 each. The PSA 3 was part of the deal, though it looks really nice in person. It's got a wax/gum stain on the front if you look closely, thus the grade.
1962BabeRuthStoryobverse03.jpg

1962BabeRuthStoryobverse02.jpg

1962BabeRuthStoryobverse01.jpg

2. Again with the "60s at 6" theme...
1963ToppsWhiteyFordWorldSeriesPSA6front.jpg

3. Moving up a few decades, these two combined were almost less than the cost of #2.
1985ToppsDonMattinglyPSA8front.jpg

1986DonrussJoseCansecoPSA8front.jpg

4. A few non-graded cards that were had for the cost of a cup of coffee. Except for the '75, these are all the cloth sticker issues.
70sToppsLot.jpg

5. Finally, the big one (for me, at least).
1962ToppsHarmonKillebrewPSA7front.jpg

Thanks for looking! After some time off, I can now say that I enjoy collecting again.

mrniceguy1126

Oct 6, 2008
NEPA
Thanks for the kind words. I'll give it one bump, if only because I'm still grinning about these pickups. :)
Granted, they're not ultra shiny supermafracted auto chromes, but some folks like 'em just the same. :lol:

Members online

Latest posts