Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Live 2013 National Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

petMonster

Jan 20, 2012
One of the auction houses had a number of Spahn items they were selling as apparently the family is liquidating much of their personal collection. I had picked up an auction catalog from this auction house and I believe it had a good amount of Spahn related items in it (I have yet to look at it but he was on the cover). I am going back tomorrow and I will have time to take pictures so I will see what I can find. If you want the catalog let me know as I can get another.

If it's an auction catalog devoted entirely to Spahn, or if there's a whole "chapter" in there for all Spahn stuff, then I would be grateful if you picked one up for me. Otherwise, if it's a regular auction catalog with a handful of scattered Spahn stuff, I don't really have a place for it in my collection. Either way, thanks for thinking about me!

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
If it's an auction catalog devoted entirely to Spahn, or if there's a whole "chapter" in there for all Spahn stuff, then I would be grateful if you picked one up for me. Otherwise, if it's a regular auction catalog with a handful of scattered Spahn stuff, I don't really have a place for it in my collection. Either way, thanks for thinking about me!

I just checked the catalog out and it has Spahn on the cover with about 8 pages devoted mainly to the stuff from his personal collection. I will look for another one tomorrow or send you mine. PM me your address and I will get it in the mail next week.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
Just thought it was another ole steakhouse or hotel restaurant but noooooooooooo, we really debated on leaving $5.00 on the table for the bread and water and leave that place. We ended up getting the $15 chopped steak.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

It's not an outback. It's one of the better steakhouses in the Midwest.

Hendersonfan

May 2, 2011
Buckeye Country
Ha. I just told him that it was pretty warm. There was another couple in the pool, and after he left me and the other guy both said "that was Rickey Henderson". My wife asked me who he was.

Walt tells everyone it's Rickey's brother, or just a look a like. After I got pictures, some lady asked who he was and I replied "I'm not sure"

Sent from my DROID X2 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
If I would've seen Cadillac at a pool, I would've been marking out, inside, like a little girl at a 1D concert. Probably would've been sporting wood. Not gonna lie. Love Cadillac.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
I'm here guys. Anyone have a line on where I can find some Matt Holliday cards??

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

I'd start digging through boxes and asking dealers if they have any as you dig. May save some time from digging. I know that's what I did when the dealers would ask me who I'm looking for.

Gellman

Sep 2, 2008
Tip for show goers, don't eat at Gibsons attached to the Doubletree hotel. $100 for a steak! $75 for king crab legs. $185 for lobster tail.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Yeah, pretty easy to see that's regular price for a ace like that.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
I'm going to post up my National box breaks soon in the box break thread. And Chris thanks for letti.g me break them at the booth with Sean Goldenegg1 had a blast.

It was great seeing everyone again and meeting new members face to face. Even though I seen and talked to Eric ( thosebackpages) for only 5 minutes and then I never seen him again for the rest of the day. :(

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Ok I posted it in the box break board but I'll do it here in case you ladies don't go over there and I did actually break these live yesterday (Friday)

Ok here is my breaks I did live yesterday from the National along with Sean (@Goldenegg1) was there to help me too

First up Bowman Platinum 2013
scan0003_zpseda5a35b.jpg

Prism Auto numbered to 10

scan0004_zpsffd303e4.jpg

2013 Topps Museum
scan0001_zps9498198f.jpg

Another auto numbered to 10 :D

scan0002_zps74627be7.jpg

And I opened this Box of Prospect and Draft picks with Alex [MENTION=2055]metallicalex777[/MENTION] at the hotel he was staying at and landed this cards

scan0008_zps4a9ffa35.jpg

Zunino is numbered out of 5 and has a slight ding on the upper left corner

scan0011_zpsfa7ec8b4.jpg

Ding
scan0010_zpsfcd4b5c6.jpg

Latest posts