Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Looks like the NBA is back!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mwashuc06

Aug 7, 2008
I sold most of my basketball cards when they were locked out, plan on selling off the rest. I won't have much interest in the NBA until June.

Anthony K.

Aug 7, 2008
Enterprise, Alabama
I am glad the lockout is tentatively over.

1st games on Christmas? Sounds like an extra present from that tight ass David Stern, but glad to know that we will have even a partial season.

Let's go Mavs!!

jeff152380

Feb 23, 2010
Vermont
Its Great news and I can't wait for the season to start! but this is the wrong site to post about basketball news..... its all narrow minded baseball fans

tedwilliamsfan

Nov 4, 2008
I'm glad that the NBA will be back, plus my cards will be also. I can't wait to see what John Wall is really capable of and how Kobe looks on the court. My Jordan's are doing fine, but prices have definitely dropped on current players and I'm sure they'll go back up. Too bad many people will be lost as fans because of the lock out.

Huffamaniac

Oct 8, 2008
Can't wait for the season to start. Hopefully DeMar Derozan makes that nexxt step and becomes a superstar

Anthony K.

Aug 7, 2008
Enterprise, Alabama
tedwilliamsfan said:
I'm glad that the NBA will be back, plus my cards will be also. I can't wait to see what John Wall is really capable of and how Kobe looks on the court. My Jordan's are doing fine, but prices have definitely dropped on current players and I'm sure they'll go back up. Too bad many people will be lost as fans because of the lock out.

I think more were lost in the last lockout ('99) than were lost this time.

The first year after Jordan was out of the league the first time, the league was pretty terrible. People weren't THAT happy about the quality of play, Jordan was gone and then there was a strike and the emergence of more and more high schoolers being drafted in the 1st rd.

We are coming off of the most exciting playoffs in recent memory, the NBA superstars are larger than ever (you could argue LeBron is as large internationally as Jordan was, though he will never capture the same celebrity), there is a large enough chasm between the top teams and bottom teams to keep many average fans entertained and they will be playing 16 more games than they did in 99-00.

Plus, with social media and the sheer amount of traditional media coverage this received, fans were kept in the loop more and players were able to communicate more than they were in the past. It will definitely be a reason for more fans to hang around.

I do believe attendance will be down on a per game basis just because of the economy, highspeed internet and better cable packages, but I think the NBA will do just fine this season.

Here's to hoping they make it through all ten years of the latest BA and begin negotiating a new ONE year before it ends.

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
Anthony K. said:
tedwilliamsfan said:

I think more were lost in the last lockout ('99) than were lost this time.

The first year after Jordan was out of the league the first time, the league was pretty terrible. People weren't THAT happy about the quality of play, Jordan was gone and then there was a strike and the emergence of more and more high schoolers being drafted in the 1st rd.

We are coming off of the most exciting playoffs in recent memory, the NBA superstars are larger than ever (you could argue LeBron is as large internationally as Jordan was, though he will never capture the same celebrity), there is a large enough chasm between the top teams and bottom teams to keep many average fans entertained and they will be playing 16 more games than they did in 99-00.

Plus, with social media and the sheer amount of traditional media coverage this received, fans were kept in the loop more and players were able to communicate more than they were in the past. It will definitely be a reason for more fans to hang around.

I do believe attendance will be down on a per game basis just because of the economy, highspeed internet and better cable packages, but I think the NBA will do just fine this season.

Here's to hoping they make it through all ten years of the latest BA and begin negotiating a new ONE year before it ends.

I agree with this.

jeff152380

Feb 23, 2010
Vermont
In 1999... The talent level was dropping as under developed high schools were drafted one after another plus the thug corn row image hurt the NBA... Now the young super stars are much better people...The NBA set records last year... there are many many fans.... all the people who only like baseball and talk down basketball are foolish if they are in the card market... one market helps the other...

Huffamaniac

Oct 8, 2008
After spending the offseason trying to improve his range, he is 10-16 on the young season in 3's.

Looks like time well spent

DeRozan#1Fan said:
Huffamaniac said:
Can't wait for the season to start. Hopefully DeMar Derozan makes that nexxt step and becomes a superstar

Mark my works. This will be his year to shine!

DeRozan#1Fan

May 21, 2010
Toronto, Ontario - Canada
From what I've read, he spent 3 hours shooting threes during his workout days. I've also seen him make a ton during warmups before the Raptors games. He's gonna open up the floor once the league starts to notice his 3-point shooting efficiency. Regular 20-25 points a game should not be too far off for him.

Huffamaniac said:
After spending the offseason trying to improve his range, he is 10-16 on the young season in 3's.

Looks like time well spent

DeRozan#1Fan said:
Huffamaniac said:

Mark my words. This will be his year to shine!

Members online

Latest posts