Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Lumberjack Bingo: (CONTEST CLOSED)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Juan Gris

May 23, 2013
Columbus, OH
I had cleared Branch 12 on 7/8 after the Blue Jays won by 4 runs (and the Cardinals had a walk off home run the day before). Alas, the date chainsaw is upon all of us for Branch 12.

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCMENT

Since a chainsaw was required to clear almost every branch, there's no sense in prolonging what everyone is waiting for.

EFFECTIVE TODAY, JULY 13TH, EVERYONE MAY PROCEED THE FINAL STAGE OF THE GAME...THE TRUNK!

Although the chainsaw may no longer be used, you may clear the trunk in either order (left or right).

The first 3 to do so will win a wood related prize of one of the two players indicated at the base of their tree. As mentioned in the OP, your patience is appreciated while the prize is obtained and delivered.

Good luck to all, and thanks to everyone who persevered through the tedious process of branch clearing to this point.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCMENT

Since a chainsaw was required to clear almost every branch, there's no sense in prolonging what everyone is waiting for.

EFFECTIVE TODAY, JULY 13TH, EVERYONE MAY PROCEED THE FINAL STAGE OF THE GAME...THE TRUNK!

Although the chainsaw may no longer be used, you may clear the trunk in either order (left or right).

The first 3 to do so will win a wood related prize of one of the two players indicated at the base of their tree. As mentioned in the OP, your patience is appreciated while the prize is obtained and delivered.

Good luck to all, and thanks to everyone who persevered through the tedious process of branch clearing to this point.

Thanks for the contest anyway, even though the chainsaw thing was used more then I would have hoped to use it and get the scenarios done without it.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Quick Question

I have on the left side of the truck
Cincinnati
Washington
Pittsburgh

And On the right side
Cincinnati
St Louis
Tampa Bay

Says combined
7 plus homeruns
or 21 runs scored and duplicated teams are counted separately

So here is my question
so can I use all 6 listed to get my tree down from left and right together
Because so then I exceed both of the totals needs They hit more then 7hr and score more then 21 runs.
But if I have to only total the 3 on the left side first and then the 3 on the right side independently I fall just short on the left side in homeruns and not even close on the right side. HR or runs.

I think I have the answer in no I need right side total to be as stated and then the left side is the same but can't be totaled together.

Hope I ask this so you can understand it

Regards Richard

Last edited:

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North
Hi Richard,

Thanks for the question. Your conclusion is correct. Unfortunately, you may not use all 6 teams to clear one side of the trunk. Each set of 3 teams stand on their own, and are to be used for their respective side only (left or right).

However, you can clear the trunk in either order (or all on the same day, if you are fortunate). "Duplicate teams are counted separately" just means that if you have the same team listed two or more times on one side of the trunk, you would count their total as many times as they appear.

Thanks!

Juan Gris

May 23, 2013
Columbus, OH
I cleared the left trunk on 7/13 with 22 total runs scored between the Yankees (1), Boston (11) and Atlanta (10). I didn't even need those damn Yankees!

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North
Here we go! Won't be too much longer now.

When you have cleared both sides, please make it clear in your post. Shout "Timberrrrr!, if you think it will help!

At that time, please announce your choice of player prize.

NOTE: If a team plays a doubleheader on any given day, you may only count the single highest home run or run total.

Thanks.

Last edited:

robertwolf1

Aug 8, 2008
Cleared left side on July 19th- St Louis-4 Arizona-9 and Baltimore-8 for 21 runs
Right side will be tough with the Mets in the mix

Juan Gris

May 23, 2013
Columbus, OH
Timber!!! With 8 home runs hit today between Cleveland, Pittsburgh and the Angels, I have cleared the right trunk and my tree is ready for the bat factory. Woo!

I will take Babe Ruth and thank you for the contest. I had a lot of fun tracking stats everyday.

Last edited:

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Left trunk was cleared on 7/13 with the 21 runs scored-
Astros- 0
Braves- 10
Red Sox- 11

Total- 21

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North
Timber!!! With 8 home runs hit today between Cleveland, Pittsburgh and the Angels, I have cleared the right trunk and my tree is ready for the bat factory. Woo!

I will take Babe Ruth and thank you for the contest. I had a lot of fun tracking stats everyday.

Congrats! Nearly 4 months after this contest started, we have our first of 3 winners.

Please send me a PM with your mailing address.

I will get started on acquiring your wooden related prize of Ruth. Thanks again!

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
I most likely have done this as well but have not looked at it since the all-star break

Ok I'm not done yet but I did clear the left side of my tree with July 22

Cin 3 runs
Wash 7 Runs
Pitt 12 Runs
------------
22 Runs

Looks Like will not do the right side on Monday since I don't have all of them going that is needed

But Tuesday i have everyone on tap so hopefully

Cin
St. Louis
Tampa
can pull it off then before someone else does

Last edited:

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
Timber!!! (Cleared Left side, right previously lopped off)

Yesterday Yanks beat Rangers 12-11

Total runs

Texas 11
Texas 11
Yankees 12

Total 34 > 21

I'll go with Mr. Trout. BIG Thanks for a great contest!!!

Last edited:

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Timber!!!!!!!!!!

Right side cleared 7/29 with 22 runs scored.

Marlins-3
Dodgers-8
Rangers-11

Left side was cleared 7/13

cjedmonton

Sep 20, 2009
Great White North
Congrats!!! We have our 3 lumberjacks.

Juan Gris: Babe Ruth
MaineMule: Mike Trout
clarkzac: Buster Posey

Juan has been taken care of. For the others, please send me your mailing address and I'll pull something together for you.

Thanks to all for playing.

This contest is now closed.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts