Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Mark McGwire Collector's Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
Who wants the Mirror Black Mark McGwire that just got listed on ebay for $2,000??

Great card, I'd love to have a Mirror Black of anyone, but 2K is a bit high :)

docdw25

Aug 6, 2009
clarkfan said:
Who wants the Mirror Black Mark McGwire that just got listed on ebay for $2,000??

Great card, I'd love to have a Mirror Black of anyone, but 2K is a bit high :)

One of the McGwire collectors is selling some of his cards. I would love a Mirror Black as well but no way I can afford that.

minors4me

Apr 16, 2010
does anybody own a SGC copy of mcgwire's 1985 chong modesto A's card, if so could you please post a pic/scan thanks.

delsant2

May 29, 2010
gold card arrived a week ago, i am a little late on the scan. now it can be with its buddy!

004.jpg

congrats doc on the addition. i saw that card a while back and had a feeling it would wind up with you!

docdw25

Aug 6, 2009
delsant2 said:
gold card arrived a week ago, i am a little late on the scan. now it can be with its buddy!

004.jpg

congrats doc on the addition. i saw that card a while back and had a feeling it would wind up with you!

Looks very nice together and you got it for a great price.

docdw25

Aug 6, 2009
Mark McGwire Museum said:
Doc, VERY nice cards. I havent had much time to post lately, but I do try to read every couple of days. You've been getting some GREAT cards lately. I have a cool item coming in this week I'll make sure to post. Been looking for one for a LONG time!

Did you ever get the cool item you were waiting on?

Dec 10, 2008
docdw25 said:

I thought it would have been here today, but no luck. I have one from awhile ago I forgot to post though. I'll have to pull out the camera and see if I can get a good picture of it.

docdw25

Aug 6, 2009
docdw25 said:

I thought it would have been here today, but no luck. I have one from awhile ago I forgot to post though. I'll have to pull out the camera and see if I can get a good picture of it.

I got a few things today.

1997 Donruss gold press proof #12
1999 Finest Fanchise Records refractor
1999 Encore McGwired #Mc1, Mc4, & Mc7 (Only need Mc3 to complete the base set. Finished the gold set)
1999 Mark on History #M1-M24 (Just need M25 to finish the base set)

docdw25

Aug 6, 2009
docdw25 said:
(Only need Mc3 to complete the base set. Finished the gold set)
(Just need M25 to finish the base set)

let me see if I have those. I'm in no rush completing those.

If you do I know I have doubles of the Mark on History cards. I bought the lot from Steve that had 1-24. I already had about 10 of them. I think I have 2 doubles of the McGwired cards.

7guns

Aug 7, 2008
Norfolk Va.
delsant2 said:
wow, i love the starquest gold card!!! that is awesome, i have to find one of those! congrats!

Thanks Good Luck it is a hard find supposed to be to 100 it is the first one I have seen in a long time and i was lucky to trade for it.

docdw25

Aug 6, 2009
Had to put some cards away so I thought I would scan the last few I picked up.

2000 Topps Chrome refractors
2000-Chromeref.jpg

1997 Donruss Gold Press Proof
1997-DonrussGPP.jpg

1995 UD Electric Diamond Gold- This card was listed as a $2.99 BIN + $3 S/H. Couldn't hit the BIN fast enough
1995-UDEDG.jpg

This last card I had listed incorrectly in my collection. I'm not even sure when I bought it but I had it listed as a regular 1999 Chrome refractor. I was pretty happy to find out it was actually a 2001 Topps Chrome reprint refractor.
2001-reprintref.jpg

Members online