Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Mark McGwire Collector's Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dec 10, 2008
Bane50 said:
Finished the 1998 Topps Stars Luminaries Rainbow. Funny thing is, the final card to complete the set was the Bronze /100!

Nice! What a tough set of cards. Can you post a pic of the gold? You have the only one I've ever seen.

Bane50

Feb 14, 2010
1998 Topps Stars Luminaries Rainbow:

Bronze
1998MMLBronze1.jpg

Silver
1998MMLSilver.jpg

Gold
1998MMLGold.jpg

Gold Rainbow
1998MMLGRainbow.jpg

It's hard to get a good picture of the shine on the cards.

Dec 10, 2008
Awesome Bane. Thanks for the pictures. That silver seems to pop pretty well too.They sure don't get listed that often. Even the bronze /100 is a rare find, let alone the others.

mwheeler27

Mar 6, 2009
I finally landed this McGwire auto-mem 1/1 card:

The memorabilia he signed was from a game-used Athletics jersey. I never thought I'd track this one down and was very happy to see it surface recently.

mwheeler27 said:

The memorabilia he signed was from a game-used Athletics jersey. I never thought I'd track this one down and was very happy to see it surface recently.

what is yours numbered?

i have to dig mine out but the print run was /9
with a gold version 1/1.

is yours the gold?

here is mine
bc3929f3.jpg

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008

Congratulations! I don't know of anybody else that has completed that rainbow. I have to agree with Jay though, I think my favorite is the silver!

Dead sexy. You need to post up a pic of all your /1's together because it's quite the collection you've got going on over there.

mwheeler27

Mar 6, 2009
Big Mac McGwire said:
mwheeler27 said:

what is yours numbered?

i have to dig mine out but the print run was /9
with a gold version 1/1.

is yours the gold?

Yes, mine is the gold 1/1 version. I also have the silver version like yours.

You can tell mine is the gold version as the SK crown and words are gold colored. Notice how yours is silver. Mine also says "gold version" on the back.

jam92102

Dec 13, 2008
Ok guys spring training is sneaking up. Wanted to see how you guys send out your cards to get mcgwire to sign? Do you do a pwe with another inside? Bigger envelope? Do you put the card in penny sleve and top loader? I sent last year and never got a reply so I'm wondering if I protected it too much or made it a pain for him? Do you hand write the letters or type and keep them short or long?

thx for all the help.

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
jam92102 said:
Ok guys spring training is sneaking up. Wanted to see how you guys send out your cards to get mcgwire to sign? Do you do a pwe with another inside? Bigger envelope? Do you put the card in penny sleve and top loader? I sent last year and never got a reply so I'm wondering if I protected it too much or made it a pain for him? Do you hand write the letters or type and keep them short or long?

thx for all the help.
All I do for my TTMs is fold a SASE and put it in the envelope with the card and I always handwrite my letters its more personal I think. I don't put it in a toploader or anything and have yet to have a problem. I got a return from Mac last year.

Dec 10, 2008
ThoseBackPages said:
Simply Beautiful. i miss Shea Stadium.

Thanks, Eric. Was really glad to see it pop up for sale again; I missed it 3-4 years ago.

Picked this up and received today. Was able to work an off-eBay deal after I saw it go unsold. I was lucky to find it, as McGwire wasn't in the title!

McGwire-Pujols.jpg

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
Mark McGwire Museum said:
ThoseBackPages said:
Simply Beautiful. i miss Shea Stadium.

Thanks, Eric. Was really glad to see it pop up for sale again; I missed it 3-4 years ago.

Picked this up and received today. Was able to work an off-eBay deal after I saw it go unsold. I was lucky to find it, as McGwire wasn't in the title!

McGwire-Pujols.jpg

Wow! ive never seen that card before. and its #1 to boot!

i was at this game at Shea back in 2001 when McGwire and Pujols went back-to-back in the top of the 1st inning

http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes ... 8120.shtml

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Great pickups Jay!

Finally knocked two of the 2000 Venezuelans off the list:

f-6048.jpg
b-6048.jpg

f-6049.jpg
b-6049.jpg

Then I received this gift in the mail from be8belove today. Didn't even exist on our list and I had never seen it before. It's part of an SP set then is an SP of the SP set:

f-17425.jpg
b-17425.jpg

That came with this uncut sheet.
f-3049.jpg
b-3049.jpg

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
jam92102 said:

thx for all the help.

Don seems to get 2,456 autos every spring training from mac. We should just pay him to run for us :)

Members online

Latest posts