Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MiLB Performances Thread - 4/12

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Today's notable SPs include:

Manny Banuelos
Enny Romero
Felipe Rivero
Jed Bradley
Alex Meyer
Carlos Martinez
Brody Colvin
Tanner Bushue
Trevor May
Jake Odorizzi
Julio Teheran
Cody Buckel
Henry Owens
Neil Ramirez
John Gast vs. Miguel de los Santos
Johnny Hellweg
Kyle Lobstein vs. Sean Gilmartin
Simon Castro
Daniel Corcino
Keyvius Sampson vs. Edwar Cabrera
Garrett Gould vs. Andrew Chafin
Nick Maronde
Jake Petricka
Jose Fernandez

peterose4hof

Mar 23, 2011
Ok, I'm calling it.... Bryce Harper is going to get red hot! He usually takes a little time to adjust when he moves up a level; hence the slow start. The next two days he faces Career Minor Leaguer Pat Misch (yes that Pat Misch) and the Not-So-Stellar Tom Cochran.

poppudaimadochi

Jul 28, 2010
Long Island, NY
peterose4hof said:
Ok, I'm calling it.... Bryce Harper is going to get red hot! He usually takes a little time to adjust when he moves up a level; hence the slow start. The next two days he faces Career Minor Leaguer Pat Misch (yes that Pat Misch) and the Not-So-Stellar Tom Cochran.

The next few days could be highly relevant for Harper: Morse is down till at least June, and with him goes a majority of the power in the Nats lineup. I wouldn't be surprised to see Harper called up in a week or two.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Ben Badler just informed me that BA's first Prospect Hot Sheet does in fact go live tomorrow.

(I was under the impression it would not be up until next Friday.)

Assuming he's pitched enough to qualify, I'd have to think Bundy would be a shoo-in for #1, followed closely by Trout and Arenado.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Manny Banuelos' command was lousy today. 2 IP, 3 H, 2 R, 6 BB, 0 K

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
Greensboro has switched their rotation - 14th overall pick in 2011 draft Jose Fernandez will pitch tonight against Delmarva in home opener.

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
Keyser Soze said:
SydBarrett said:
I would imagine James Paxton would get a mention on the hot list.

Post-hyper Michael Taylor is too, he's mashing right now (see new addition in my sig)

I think we'll definitely see Bauer there as well
It would be great to see the 3 B's on there!!

Bauer, Bradley, & Bundy

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
Jaypers said:
Understatement. I wonder what's wrong with him. I mean, I expect the league's second youngest player to have some bad days, even in his second year at the level, but something's not right.

mwashuc06

Aug 7, 2008
D-Lite said:
Jaypers said:
Understatement. I wonder what's wrong with him. I mean, I expect the league's second youngest player to have some bad days, even in his second year at the level, but something's not right.

He has 40 command of his fastball. He is not hurt, he just can't throw strike one. The Yankees rushed him through the system too fast and I think he should be in AA. I talked to a scout and told me that Campos is way far ahead of anyone in the Yankees system as a pitcher, said he could be a 1 and could end up much better than Pineda in the end. He said right now, Banuelos is a 4 or 5 starter or left handed relief ace.

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
Jaypers said:
Ben Badler just informed me that BA's first Prospect Hot Sheet does in fact go live tomorrow.

(I was under the impression it would not be up until next Friday.)

Assuming he's pitched enough to qualify, I'd have to think Bundy would be a shoo-in for #1, followed closely by Trout and Arenado.

Name-dropper!

What about Michael Taylor?

Crewfan82

Apr 21, 2009
Hopefully Jed Bradley can keep it going. After the beating the Crew took today I need something decent to happen in the baseball world.

sunojorel

Oct 5, 2010
GAP, PA
Dsuj said:
Hoping for a good outing for Jose Fernandez

Me too... :mrgreen:
2011bcdpfernandezcanary11.jpg

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
mwashuc06 said:
D-Lite said:
Jaypers said:

He has 40 command of his fastball. He is not hurt, he just can't throw strike one. The Yankees rushed him through the system too fast and I think he should be in AA. I talked to a scout and told me that Campos is way far ahead of anyone in the Yankees system as a pitcher, said he could be a 1 and could end up much better than Pineda in the end. He said right now, Banuelos is a 4 or 5 starter or left handed relief ace.
This is a relatively new development though. He used to have good fastball command, especially before AA/AAA in 2011. I agree, he was definitely rushed, and the various injuries hurt a lot of that development time. He's young enough that all this turns around, but outings like this are cause for concern.

mwashuc06

Aug 7, 2008
D-Lite said:
mwashuc06 said:
[quote="D-Lite":33ol491r]
Jaypers said:

This is a relatively new development though. He used to have good fastball command, especially before AA/AAA in 2011. I agree, he was definitely rushed, and the various injuries hurt a lot of that development time. He's young enough that all this turns around, but outings like this are cause for concern.[/quote:33ol491r]

Been like that for the last year and has been getting worse, I've watched him pitch 4 times. I have yet to see him crack 95 MPH as a starter yet and I hear BA saying he sat at times 93-96 MPH. He did hit 98 MPH in the AA All Star game when he came out of the pen. It's sad because he changeup is a very good pitch.

Members online