Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MiLB Performances Thread - 4/23

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
No South Atlantic League games today.

Today's notable SPs include:

Joe Kelly
Andrew Chafin
Andy Oliver
Chris Hernandez
Enny Romero
Jed Bradley vs. Perci Garner
Cody Buckel
Jason Adam
Aaron Miller
Joe Ross
Tyrell Jenkins vs. Parker Markel
Kyle Heckathorn
Keyvius Sampson vs. Miguel de los Santos
John Gast vs. Jake Odorizzi
Kyle Lobstein
Johnny Hellweg vs. Edwar Cabrera
Brad Peacock
Garrett Gould
Chris Archer

Last edited:

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Not Milb-related anymore, but here it is. Hopefully he makes a better impression in Oakland than he did for Phoenix.

Parker to start Wednesday
A’s manager Bob Melvin announced Sunday that top pitching prospect Jarrod Parker will be called up this week to start Wednesday’s afternoon matchup with the visiting White Sox.

The right-handed Parker, who missed out on a rotation spot at season’s start because of command issues that plagued him all spring, has worked his way through those and, as a result, is 1-0 with a 2.18 ERA with 21 strikeouts next to just six walks in 20 2/3 innings, spanning four starts.

“He’s been pitching well,” Melvin said. “We’ve always envisioned him being here at some point in time, especially with the stuff he has.”

Parker’s looming promotion comes in the wake of Graham Godfrey’s return to Triple-A. The 23-year-old righty was the key piece of December’s trade that sent All-Star Trevor Cahill to Arizona, where Parker was considered the D-backs’ top prospect.

Following rehab from his 2010 Tommy John surgery, Parker posted an 11-8 record and 3.79 ERA for Arizona’s Double-A club last year. He was called up to the big leagues for the first time in September and impressed greatly in just one start, tossing 5 2/3 scoreless innings and earning a spot on the club’s postseason roster.

Parker will be pitching on three days’ rest, but he utilized just 48 pitches in his Saturday start.

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
Harold Riggins with 7 doubles, and a .358 avg. - kind of wish I was given a better chance to go after the super. Who was the FCB member that bought it? I'd love to see it.

Anyways, good list here as per a twitter follower - https://twitter.com/#!/CharlieDrysdale/status/194418535320129536/photo/1/large

How did I not give you a "better chance" to go after the super? Your offer wasn't even close to the other guy. What was I supposed to do to give you a better chance?

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Francisco Lindor hit his 1st pro HR. :mrgreen:

Luigi Rodriguez also went yard, and was a double short of the cycle.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
Great day for Ryan Jackson with the Cardinals AAA club. 4-5, RS, 2 RBI, 2B

He's always had a tremendous glove that was near MLB ready once he left Miami, but he's now hitting over 300. He's not on the 40 man roster though as of now.

Descalso isn't hitting at 2B. Only a matter of time till Jackson gets the call IMO

Superfractor

Nov 14, 2009
The Front Range, Colorado
How did I not give you a "better chance" to go after the super? Your offer wasn't even close to the other guy. What was I supposed to do to give you a better chance?
LOL - that was surprising. But if you must know, I am bad with prices and seeing as how the product was new (nor any other high-end closings), that adds on to it. The blame is on me, since I was pretty ignorant with the former; but since you want to know; next time give me that price. Worst I can do is say no. I gave you a number - while perhaps low , it was ignorant at heart - a "vacuum" number that didn't account for the possibility that other collectors might not have a problem overpaying like me; you gave me nothing back - a big "screw you" would have been enough. :D

Last edited:

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Chris Archer looked good today. 5.1 IP, 6 H, 2 R, 3 BB, 4 K.

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
Andy Oliver

This guy is starting off VERY nicely!!

2IP 0H 1BB 5SO :D

Oliver2011LeafMetaldraftPrismaticRedAutoRC3-5BGS95.jpg

Members online

Latest posts