Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Muskiesfan had a heart attack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
Picked up my cpap yesterday morning. Last night was my first night using it. Obviously there is going to be an adjustment period, but it's going to be very beneficial in the long run.

Second stent is next Thursday morning. So things keep moving right along.

autocut

Picked up my cpap yesterday morning. Last night was my first night using it. Obviously there is going to be an adjustment period, but it's going to be very beneficial in the long run.

Second stent is next Thursday morning. So things keep moving right along.

Yes, it is an adjustment. But you will sleep a lot better.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
Thanks, Adam.

I am looking forward to sleeping a lot better.

Still waiting to hear back about whether my leave of absence is approved so I can start getting paid. I'm just glad that management at my store treat me well. Honestly, since I am just considered inactive at the moment, they could replace me. That would really suck.

At the rate this is going, I am going to be back at work before this gets situated. My cardiologist has constantly supplied whatever paperwork has been requested. Hopefully they get this XXXX straightened out soon.

Next Thursday is the second stent. Then, July 8, I will have a stress test to see how my heart is doing. They said it may take up to a week for my cardiologist to be able to read it, but it sounds like we should have an idea of how my heart is doing around mid-July.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Thanks, Adam.

I am looking forward to sleeping a lot better.

Still waiting to hear back about whether my leave of absence is approved so I can start getting paid. I'm just glad that management at my store treat me well. Honestly, since I am just considered inactive at the moment, they could replace me. That would really suck.

At the rate this is going, I am going to be back at work before this gets situated. My cardiologist has constantly supplied whatever paperwork has been requested. Hopefully they get this XXXX straightened out soon.

Next Thursday is the second stent. Then, July 8, I will have a stress test to see how my heart is doing. They said it may take up to a week for my cardiologist to be able to read it, but it sounds like we should have an idea of how my heart is doing around mid-July.

I'll tell ya what, I'm on vacation for this week, and I somehow misplaced an important part to my cpap when I packed it up, so I'm guessing the part is still at home, it's not devastating, but the sleep without the cpap is much much different than it would be if I had the complete thing with me

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
I'm beginning to get used to the mask a bit. It's not as hard to fall asleep and I don't wake up as often. Another week or two and I'll be sleeping like a baby. :lol:

Second stent is on Thursday. I'm ready to have it done. I need to get back to work. Not just from a sanity perspective, but I need to be getting paid. Short term has finally been approved, but I only get 50% of my pay. It's better than nothing, but I'm afraid we're going to fall too far behind if I don't get back soon.

autocut

I'm beginning to get used to the mask a bit. It's not as hard to fall asleep and I don't wake up as often. Another week or two and I'll be sleeping like a baby. :lol:

Second stent is on Thursday. I'm ready to have it done. I need to get back to work. Not just from a sanity perspective, but I need to be getting paid. Short term has finally been approved, but I only get 50% of my pay. It's better than nothing, but I'm afraid we're going to fall too far behind if I don't get back soon.

You'll notice a huge difference.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
autocut- I already am. I definitely feel like I am getting better sleep, I just wake up on occasion because of not being completely used to the mask yet. I bet it won't be much longer at all.

Second stent is tomorrow at 8:30a. I have to be at the hospital at 6:30a, but it's supposed to start at 8:30a. As long as there are no complications or anything, it's an outpatient procedure and I will be home tomorrow afternoon.

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
Thanks, Adam.

Im laying in my hospital bed. The second stent went well. My cardiologist was very happy. He said I won't be going back to work until mid August at the earliest. Everything is on the up and up though. I'll try to stop by later.

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
So, I'm home. I'm completely exhausted, but I'm home.

Everything went well with the stent. Doctor said he's keeping me out of work until at least mid-August. He said he wants me to be 100% when I return so that there's no setbacks or anything.

I need to get some sleep. I'll try to stop by tomorrow.

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
Thank you again for all the prayers, thoughts, and well wishes. I really appreciate it.

So there was a still a very little bit of bleeding from the entry site. They go in through your leg when placing a stent. The blood thinners that I take allowed for a slight bit of continued bleeding. They applied pressure for 15-20 minutes, did an ultrasound, applied pressure again, waited, applied pressure again, and then did another ultrasound. I was in the hospital around 5 hours yesterday, but it all go taken care of. Time to continue recovery. :D

Thank you again!

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Thank you again for all the prayers, thoughts, and well wishes. I really appreciate it.

So there was a still a very little bit of bleeding from the entry site. They go in through your leg when placing a stent. The blood thinners that I take allowed for a slight bit of continued bleeding. They applied pressure for 15-20 minutes, did an ultrasound, applied pressure again, waited, applied pressure again, and then did another ultrasound. I was in the hospital around 5 hours yesterday, but it all go taken care of. Time to continue recovery. :D

Thank you again!

Glad to hear everything went okay yesterday Joe. Here's to a speedy recovery! :grouphug: