Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Name A Forgotten Once-Big Prospect

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
DrewJD1998FleerPSA9.jpg

craftysouthpaw

Jan 8, 2010
Brad Komminsk

The common denominator for most of the hitters is lack of strike zone discipline. Only a few freakishly talented guys can overcome that deficiency - Vlad Guerrero, Puckett, etc.

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
Phil Plantier, not sure how hype was before he came up, but busted out after a call up n decent start. I can't remember the other 91 Stadium card that went nuts too them crashed

Ryan

CubsfanP

May 21, 2012
Greenwood, IN
Matt Bush

Delmon Young

Zach Duke

Reid Brignac

Chris Nelson

Cameron Maybin

Thousands have been sent down the drain on these guys

Last edited:

Todd44

Nov 25, 2008
Really, you're going to base it on W/L record? He has a sub-3.00 career ERA, and a career K/9 of 10.6.... I'd give it more time!

Not forgotten, and not done yet...but I will say Stephen Strasburg

This was the guy that was supposed to be the next "big thing"

Has he done alright? Yeah

Was he what everyone expected him to be at this point? No not really

25 years old...1 TG surgery...28-19 record...will turn 26 middle of next season...only one complete game...

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
WTF! I'd just typed up some detailed descriptions of some long-forgotten Red Sox prospects of the late 90's (Robinson Checo, Jin Ho Cho, and Wilton Veras), and my comp glitched out and deleted everything. If you want to remember why these guys were forgotten, Google them and be sad, they were supposed to be the anchors the Sox World Series winners in the late 90's and early 2000s.

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
One from the 1989 Upper Deck set that Cubs were excited about:

Mike Harkey, who was the Cubs big pitching prospect at the time. Harkey would have been very good, but arm injuries derailed his career.

front.jpg

And another from 1991 Upper Deck, Dodgers "top prospect" Keith "Ki Ki" Jones, who was the number 6 overall prospect in the 1990 Baseball America rankings.

front.jpg

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
Anyone mention Chris Shelton? I was going to post Joe Charbonaeu but looks like someone got him in there already.

1987 brought us Pete Incaviglia and Cory Snyder, though his RC was 85. Kal Daniels was another.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
Will someone PLEASE lock this thread, it's making me not want to buy prospects anymore ;)

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts