Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

new twist on College Collectors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cmixer

Aug 9, 2008
In order to bring back the College Collectors trading group - here's a new twist:

How about you start with what you already own, making small 'collections' composed of 2 auto or GU + 10 base/inserts/rookies.
Then you list what's available in a single thread; like:

Miami (2 hits + 10 base)
Ohio State (2 hits + 10 base)
Nebraska (2 hits + 10 base)

Then you see what other people have available, and if it's the team you collect - you trade.
(no sharing what's in the 'lots' - it's a mystery).
This way you don't have to go buy Miami cards for a Miami collector that you were forced to trade with.

cmixer

Aug 9, 2008
You mean make NFL lots? - tomorrow i could start a thread called "Official Football College/NFL trading group"

I'll make some lots tonight.
I guess the only rule is everyone has to be in uniform?

DRav87

Aug 11, 2008
Wisconsin
You mean make NFL lots? - tomorrow i could start a thread called "Official Football College/NFL trading group"

I'll make some lots tonight.
I guess the only rule is everyone has to be in uniform?

I am interested in doing this but I am not a big fan of adding NFL teams too. I collect Wisconsin Badgers even if they are in their pro uniforms, if they played for the Badgers I collect them. So for example lets say you have a Owen Daniels card, would that go in the Wisconsin lot or the Texans lot? You go by the uniform right? Sure but there are a lot more Owen Daniels Texans cards then there are Badgers cards so I feel that might cause for smaller college lots and larger NFL lots. So in my opinion I think we do just college teams and we include all cards of the player as long as they played for that school.

Also I am assuming it will just be one person per school, like I will be the only one with Wisconsin?

deceptikon1978

Apr 7, 2009
Not a bad idea but it's flawed. If the whole purpose is not buying any cards for anyone, there are going to be a lot of unhappy people. What if I put together Wisconsin and Florida lots and send them to you guys but you don't have any Notre Dame cards to send me? Then you either screw me or have to buy cards for me anyway.

I'm not getting in this right now, just an opinion from someone who has been in collector groups before. Good luck.

jaydepasse

Dec 20, 2008
now that i think about colleges only is how we should do it. it will be easier to understand it better.

jaydepasse

Dec 20, 2008
Not a bad idea but it's flawed. If the whole purpose is not buying any cards for anyone, there are going to be a lot of unhappy people. What if I put together Wisconsin and Florida lots and send them to you guys but you don't have any Notre Dame cards to send me? Then you either screw me or have to buy cards for me anyway.

I'm not getting in this right now, just an opinion from someone who has been in collector groups before. Good luck.

if i read it correctly what he is saying is for example you post the following

i have lots for
florida, notre dame, etc.

does anyone wanna trade for them

jaydepasse

Dec 20, 2008
I am interested in doing this but I am not a big fan of adding NFL teams too. I collect Wisconsin Badgers even if they are in their pro uniforms, if they played for the Badgers I collect them. So for example lets say you have a Owen Daniels card, would that go in the Wisconsin lot or the Texans lot? You go by the uniform right? Sure but there are a lot more Owen Daniels Texans cards then there are Badgers cards so I feel that might cause for smaller college lots and larger NFL lots. So in my opinion I think we do just college teams and we include all cards of the player as long as they played for that school.

Also I am assuming it will just be one person per school, like I will be the only one with Wisconsin?

i see what you are saying, i mainly only collect miami players in college uniform, but i have about 4 other miami collectors that i help out. it is much easier to add nfl uniform card. i looked up wisconsin recently and there isn't that many players to find cards for surprisingly but i have found a good amunt

DRav87

Aug 11, 2008
Wisconsin
The more I think about this the more I don't like it. For example I'll have no problem making lots for schools like Miami, Florida, Ohio State, LSU etc. but I'm gonna have more trouble making lots for a school like Purdue or Clemson. So it seems like I'd just be trading with the same guys. I think the old way is better where you get matched up with one guy each month and you just trade.

jaydepasse

Dec 20, 2008
The more I think about this the more I don't like it. For example I'll have no problem making lots for schools like Miami, Florida, Ohio State, LSU etc. but I'm gonna have more trouble making lots for a school like Purdue or Clemson. So it seems like I'd just be trading with the same guys. I think the old way is better where you get matched up with one guy each month and you just trade.

i am down with either way, the only problem is getting people to join up. so far just you. me and cmixer are willing to do it

Members online

Latest posts