Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

June 2023 - New Arrivals

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nkdbacks

Aug 7, 2008
AZ
Love that red auto!
Thanks! I wish they had kept the hand numbering on the front rather than the back but whatcha gonna do.

A few more random pickups of non-current players now that I have a working scanner again.

A couple higher-end relics:

2009ToppsUniqueBatKnobRelicChadTracy.jpg2020ToppsDefinitiveCollectionLetterRelicEduardoEscobar.jpg
2020ToppsDiamondIconsOreeminentPiecesShoeRelicPaulGoldschmidt.jpg

The Peralta completes his rookie year Superfractors (there were only 2), and the Archie 1/1 was too cheap not to buy.
2015ToppsFinestSuperfractorDavidPeralta.jpg2020ToppsTotalGoldArchieBradley.jpg

And a couple early-mid '00s Randy's - I decided at the end of last year to try and commit to getting the entire run of Topps Black from 2003-present day so this is a big one to knock off. Outside of a couple big ones, don't think it'll be too expensive, just hard to track some down. Currently only at 25% completion rate.

2003Topps01BlackRandyJohnson.jpg2004ToppsPristineGoldRefractorRandyJohnson.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I had a Miggy, but wanted a Tigers card. The one I really wanted was the Fan Fave/Archives 76 Topps Traded design. The 72 Heritage was a close 2nd. I settled for this one, because I didn't want to drop the extra $$. If anyone has that 76 TT card and wants this one, I am down for a trade. I don't know what the BVs are, but I don't care if they are not even (that would only help if mine was "worth" more, I know).
s-l1600.jpg

Not a metal card, more like a small statue almost (has a small base "stand" on the bottom to allow for display), but I had no idea these existed. I guess it was probably a Target exclusive, most likely available only in Minnesota. I don't normally like to show off things before I get them, but the other one is late and they belong together. I didn't see any other players on ebay, so I have no idea if there are more. This might be a "set".

Puckett (Arived). s-l1600-1.jpgs-l1600-2.jpg

Hrbek (yet to arrive) s-l1600-3.jpgs-l1600-4.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Always appreciate adding small sets to my collection when they are cheap enough. I have dozens and dozens of sets like this from team issues, collector issues, manufacturer boxed sets, etc. This lot of 4 sets was $10 plus shipping, so around $4 a set. 4 small sets.png

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
061323-1.jpg
My first pickup from Series 2 was a good one.

061323-2.jpg
The Reggie finishes up all of my non-Rickey Topps Sterling base needs from the various years they put that set out with a base set 10-15 years ago. Very happy to get a 2002 Topps Chrome Black Refractor A's team card 11/50. Team cards are always a pain to search for, especially for my team where people could list them as Athletics or A's. Still need quite a few from this set, this is my first pickup in 6+ months at least.

061323-3.jpg
Eric Hinske 2001 Donruss Class of 2001 First Class (double repetitive) 25/50 gets me one away from that team set. Robert Puason Pro Set auto is 24/25. And the Sheldon Neuse National Treasures has a cool patch and serial number.

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
Anyone ever confirmed a Clemens SAMPLE ?
I don't know. I have the Bagwell Red and the two Golds. Haven't looked for the Clark, Clemens, or Walker yet.
Edit: I just bought a Clemens Blue Sample on eBay so it does exist. There are more copies there.

Mail and show pickups from the last couple days

2023 Heritage Red Border - I don't know if these are SPs or what since there were unannounced but I love the color match.
2023 Heritage Red Border.jpg

2017 Museum Collection Primary Pieces /99 - I've upgraded this card for better patches 4 or 5 times now. I think I'm done with it though other than sending it to SGC soon so it matches the rest of my PC.
2017 Museum Collection Primary Pieces BGS 9.5.jpg

1997 Totally Certified Certified Gold Team Ken Griffey Jr - This one was in a GGS 9 (never heard of them) "slab". Glad I only paid raw price because I got it home, started to crack it, and figured out it was one of those snap slabs that isn't even sealed so I just opened the case and put it in the binder with the rest of the master set build.
13 Ken Griffey Jr.jpg

These two don't necessarily fit any collection. I just thought they were cool.
Mr Marvel.jpg Thomas Ian Nicholas ROTY.jpg

Last edited:

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
I decided to pursue the 2000 Fleer Greats of the Game Auto set around a year ago. Over a period of a year, I was able to acquire around 5-10 cards from the set, so slow going. Most of the cards in the set are pretty readily available on eBay, so I wasn't in a rush, and tried focusing on the SP's and getting the cards in lots, and trying to make sure not to overpay.

Recently, Probstein had many of the SP's on eBay. I was watching them and somehow totally forgot to bid and missed out on them. Many of them sold for cheaper than I recalled seeing in a really long time.

A few days later a seller listed a number of SP's taking offers and was open to sell for similar prices to the ones that had just sold on most of them (there were a few exceptions).

While I still need the two priciest ones (Kirby Puckett and Mike Schmidt), I was able to acquire quite a few SP's.

Pulling from baseballcardpedia, here are the print runs. Still have probably 75% of the set left, but really nice to tackle some of the tougher ones.

Reggie Jackson (250)
George Brett (275)
Whitey Ford (300)
Stan Musial (300)
Ozzie Smith (350-500)
Duke Snider (350-500)
Warren Spahn (350-500)
Robin Yount (350-500)
Tom Seaver (not SP'd)

Attachments

• Fleer Greaets of the Game Autos Musial Brett Ford Snider Yount Spahn Smith Seaver Jackson.jpg
    Fleer Greaets of the Game Autos Musial Brett Ford Snider Yount Spahn Smith Seaver Jackson.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 5

jmc855

Jan 11, 2013
RI
I don't know. I have the Bagwell Red and the two Golds. Haven't looked for the Clark, Clemens, or Walker yet.
Edit: I just bought a Clemens Blue Sample on eBay so it does exist. There are more copies there.

Mail and show pickups from the last couple days

2023 Heritage Red Border - I don't know if these are SPs or what since there were unannounced but I love the color match.
View attachment 348418

2017 Museum Collection Primary Pieces /99 - I've upgraded this card for better patches 4 or 5 times now. I think I'm done with it though other than sending it to SGC soon so it matches the rest of my PC.
View attachment 348419

1997 Totally Certified Certified Gold Team Ken Griffey Jr - This one was in a GGS 9 (never heard of them) "slab". Glad I only paid raw price because I got it home, started to crack it, and figured out it was one of those snap slabs that isn't even sealed so I just opened the case and put it in the binder with the rest of the master set build.
View attachment 348420

These two don't necessarily fit any collection. I just thought they were cool.
View attachment 348422 View attachment 348423

Copy. Yes I have the blue sample.

Dilferules

Aug 10, 2012
Auburn, WA
061423.jpg
1941 Play Ball Jack Knott, still need 4 from that set. And the last Topps base card I needed from the Oakland years, which also happens to be an Andre Dawson RC. I guess I'll start tracking down my needs from the Philadelphia and Kansas City Topps years at some point.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
This was yesterday, just forgot to hit post..

Another large batch of ProLine stamped auto runs. Either someone bought a ton and/or was a crazed collector OR someone got ahold of a stamp and it forging their way to ??? The players aren't big names and aren't selling for a lot, so I doubt they are fake. Still, this seller has sold a ton of these in lots of a few to all 9 of a player.

Brister, Byers, Jeffires, Peete, Swilling. Brister.jpgbYARS.jpgJeffires.jpgPeete.jpgSwilling.jpg

I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) this game when I was doing a Raider player search. there are 300 some odd football player cards included. The game isn't too terribly expensive as a whole, so either they were massively produced or people just don't care.

Franchise game.jpgs-l1600.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts