Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

June 2023 - New Arrivals

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
I love finding these old Baseball Advertiser/TCMA catalogs at a reasonable price. Can't ever have enough of them! One is from 1977 and the other 1982, right in the heart of when I was collecting as a kid. I remember getting a few of these and dreaming about ordering everything they had (but really only ordering sporadically and in very small quantity). The prices they were asking at the time were appropriate for the market, but to look at them now, you are either going to be amazed, cry at what might have been or maybe a little of both! The card hobby has changed so much since then and this is a nice reminder of a simpler past.

TCMA 1.jpgTCMA 2.jpg

gitarst182

Sep 17, 2011
Washington
Finally landed a Mike Trout autograph, been wanting one for awhile. I love the look of the Masterpieces insert set.

The Nolan Ryan I bid on on a whim, just because I loved the look of it, even though it was a Project 2020 card. I love the look of the neon autograph.

The Chipper autograph was just a solid looking card.

Finally getting slowly back into the game as I finished my degree and have been working steadily finally as a teacher.

Attachments

• ChipperJones.jpg
    ChipperJones.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 11
  • MikeTroutMasterpieces.jpg
    MikeTroutMasterpieces.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 11
  • NolanRyan.jpg
    NolanRyan.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 11

MatthewN

Sep 30, 2015
Coralville, IA
Here’s an oddly exciting addition for me.

Way back in 1998 I bought a game used jersey at the Minnesota Twins Pro Shop for my upcoming high school pictures. Clearly the Twins had been rummaging through the closets as they pulled out a 1987 Billy Beane jersey and I landed it for a whopping $50. Of course in 1998, Billy Beane, no big deal, Moneyball wasn’t a thing, yet. Just a good looking jersey that fit.

I also purchased for $15 a game used (cracked) Scott Stahoviak bat. Stahoviak played in the majors for parts of five seasons but never really delivered on his first round draft pick status.

At the time I knew I’d never get every Kirby Puckett card due to demand and price. So I set out to acquire every Scott Stahoviak card after buying that bat. Certainly, more affordable to find the rarer parallels.

All of these years laters there was one card that I knew Stahoviak appeared on, but I hadn’t been able to locate. 1998 Circa Thunder Super Rave /25 Marty Cordova, with Stahoviak erroneously on the back. After being out of collecting for about a decade, I did find through Worthpoint that one Cordova Super Rave sold on eBay in 2012, and one in 2014, but none since.

Finally landed it in a recent May 2023 eBay auction!

(It’s entirely possible (likely?) Stahoviak has 2017 Topps Rediscover buyback cards that I simply have never seen)

52941763770_0d42ccdff4_z.jpg
52941524179_9d81a612aa_z.jpg

MrMet2.0

Oct 28, 2021
Here
Finally landed a Mike Trout autograph, been wanting one for awhile. I love the look of the Masterpieces insert set.

The Nolan Ryan I bid on on a whim, just because I loved the look of it, even though it was a Project 2020 card. I love the look of the neon autograph.

The Chipper autograph was just a solid looking card.

Finally getting slowly back into the game as I finished my degree and have been working steadily finally as a teacher.

That Ryan looks awesome with the Mets orange ink…

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Here’s an oddly exciting addition for me.

Way back in 1998 I bought a game used jersey at the Minnesota Twins Pro Shop for my upcoming high school pictures. Clearly the Twins had been rummaging through the closets as they pulled out a 1987 Billy Beane jersey and I landed it for a whopping $50. Of course in 1998, Billy Beane, no big deal, Moneyball wasn’t a thing, yet. Just a good looking jersey that fit.

I also purchased for $15 a game used (cracked) Scott Stahoviak bat. Stahoviak played in the majors for parts of five seasons but never really delivered on his first round draft pick status.

At the time I knew I’d never get every Kirby Puckett card due to demand and price. So I set out to acquire every Scott Stahoviak card after buying that bat. Certainly, more affordable to find the rarer parallels.

All of these years laters there was one card that I knew Stahoviak appeared on, but I hadn’t been able to locate. 1998 Circa Thunder Super Rave /25 Marty Cordova, with Stahoviak erroneously on the back. After being out of collecting for about a decade, I did find through Worthpoint that one Cordova Super Rave sold on eBay in 2012, and one in 2014, but none since.

Finally landed it in a recent May 2023 eBay auction!

(It’s entirely possible (likely?) Stahoviak has 2017 Topps Rediscover buyback cards that I simply have never seen)

View attachment 348193
View attachment 348194
Are you 100% complete as far as you know then? Nice.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Several years back, I tracked down and checklisted all of the Linnett and Bender puzzles that appeared in Baseball Digest from the late 60s into the early 80s. In my mind, these made a great oddball collectible for player collectors, however it seems they never have taken off as anything other than a mild oddity. In my quest to catalog them, I also wanted to own every single one, free from any writing. Months of buying lots and asking sellers to check the crossword puzzles, I finally completed my goal. I removed them from the digests, which goes against my normal process of saving items, but these were better suited removed and trimmed down to look more like a "card". I have a TON of old Baseball Digest issues now too. I ended up with a number of extras because lots were the way to buy these in bulk, some of which I tried selling. A few sold well, most went for opening bid or didn't sell though. The reality is, you can usually get them fairly cheap IF you just know which issue has which player.

I saw this lot of 4, 2 of which were signed (Fergie Jenkins & Bert Blyleven), for $10. I was asking $2-3 each for mine, so I figured this was a can't lose deal. Plus the 2 unsigned are about as good as the checklist provides, Mantle & Ryan!

BBD XWORD PUZZLES.png

Amari Cooper/15. The last one I got fooled me. I thought it was a Raider card and turned out to be Cowboys. Felt I should have at least 1 Raider auto too. A Cooper 15.jpg

This is a local kid, who went to the same High School as my boys, although a few years earlier. Jacob Eason, who also played for the UW Huskies, my Alma Mater. This is a 1/1 plate of some sort. My first Eason, it was bought unexpectedly and on a whim from a seller I usually win multiple items from. It was cheap too, as unfortunately Eason has yet to do anything at the NFL level. Still neat to have that local connection. Eason 1-1.jpg

One of only a handful of memorial cards issued at the time right after the player died. I often wonder why Topps didn't do this more often, especially for popular and established Topps players. Such a missed opportunity for players like Clemente, Munson & Lyman Bostock to name a few. Yet, we have memorials for Ken Hubbs and Cory Lidle? The card looks great, probably better than the copy I already had. Terry Sawchuk. Sawchuk.jpg

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
While diving into a random rabbit hole, I stumbled upon this William Veeck Sr signed check. He was the father of the much more well known Bill Veeck, HOF executive and one time owner of the Indians, Browns as well as the White Sox. Veeck Sr died in 1933, but by my gues, the combination of his less famous baseball career and the availability of his checks, this was not all that expensive given the date of death. Veeck was President of the Cubs from 1919-1933.

Turns out, a good number of the checks I found were made out to John Seys, who was VP of the Cubs and who himself died in 1938. Two early Cubs executive signatures of men who died in the 30s.

I had to pick this photo pack photo of Seys as well and they both happened to have arrived on the same day.

Now sure why I needed these, but now they are mine. Veeck Sr Check 1.jpgSeys Check.jpgSeys.jpg

Heritage Red Stamp card for the Carew Heritage Red tWINS.jpg

Clem Daniels. Was surprised to find he had a certified card. Happy about it as well. Daniels.jpg

Sherman Smith Hawks team card. S Smith.jpg

Diana Taurasi, who it seems may be the GOAT of Women's Basketball players of all-time. Taurasi.jpg

Swin Cash. Swin Cash.jpg

Magnum PI alumni, Larry Manetti. Had him on a photo, but liked the price of this 3x5 to give me some custom versatility in the future, perhaps. Manetti.jpg

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
Big mail day today volume wise so two posts

Autographed Postcards of HOF Jocko Conlon, N*gro Leaguer Jim Callie, and Bob Cain (the pitcher who had to pitch to Eddie Gaedel)

Jocko Conlan.jpgJoe Caffie.jpgBob Cain.jpg

1995 Pinnacle Rusty Greer UER Rainbow - Jeff Frye is pictured on the front of Rusty's card. I picked up the AP Test Issue holofoil a while back so I thought I'd finish the rainbow on the cheap. They really should have used the holofoil instead of the boring silver foil.
1995 Pinnacle Greer Front.jpg1995 Pinnacle Museum Collection Greer Front.jpg1995 Pinnacle Artist Proof Greer Front.jpg1995 Pinnacle AP Holofoil Greer Front.jpg

Pre-War Tobacco card set fills: 1924 Ogdens Leaders of Men Julius Caesar and 1937 Churchman's Treasure Troves Treasure in Mummy Cases
26 Julius Caesar.jpg29 Treasure in Mummy Cases.jpg

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
The Ryan Helsley part of the mailday

2023 Topps Rip Party SGC 10 - This is Pop 2 and I own both.
2023 Topps Series 1 Rip Party SGC 10 #2.jpg

The 2023 Heritage Base and the Black & White SSP (Print run of ~25 copies) start this one off. I have the black border and red border on the way so if anyone has a Flip stock I'm your guy
2023 Heritage.jpg2023 Heritage Black and White.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts