Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Official Jeff Bagwell Collectors Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
Nice! I'm trying for 4,000 by the end of the year. At this point I'm running out of cheaper cards to buy. Trying to catch up to you is going to be mega hard! Lol.

I thought I was gonna make signifigant progress catching you both when I got that box. Boy that didnt pan out. 4 cards. Actually 5. I found an error! I wish I could bring the doubles to work and add em to the list. Hmm. I wonder if it would be too obvious that I wasnt really "working" with a big white box of cards at my side...

And thanks for the heads up [MENTION=4428]MrMet[/MENTION]. But I am good ;)

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
jabumu3u.jpg

Just got on the mail today!!Love it!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

just saw this one pop up on ebay tonight...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1999-Upper-...1128572089?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item4d18cd08b9

$_3.JPG

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
Uh, no... But its auto'd

2004%20Leaf%20Certified%20Cuts%20Marble%20Signature%20Black%2086%201%20of%201.jpg

I do have to admit, that patch is a very nice card, and if money was no object id be all over it. Someday...

GameJerseyPR

Oct 21, 2013
Uh, no... But its auto'd

2004%20Leaf%20Certified%20Cuts%20Marble%20Signature%20Black%2086%201%20of%201.jpg

I do have to admit, that patch is a very nice card, and if money was no object id be all over it. Someday...

Very nice card astroburn!!!I would recomend that patch card,they are hard to find,is super rare that lately they have pop up on ebay and comc,im doing that set for over a year and have been able to get only 13 of 39 of them!:-0

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
Very nice card astroburn!!!I would recomend that patch card,they are hard to find,is super rare that lately they have pop up on ebay and comc,im doing that set for over a year and have been able to get only 13 of 39 of them!:-0

Well, if someone pops on that Rodman Jersey I have for sale, maybe I'll pull the trigger on it.

GameJerseyPR

Oct 21, 2013
I spoke to the seller,lowest he can go is $125,i guess if you go $110 he will go for it,awsome price for it!

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
Thanks Dan. I knew there were gold versions, but they didnt look like that one.

Just a heads up guys. I got a new PC, and have been trying to transfer my webpagemaker and jalbum info over. Things looked like they were ok, til I tried to make a new page update last night. Things werent working the way I wished. Hopefully, I can get the ball rollin soon. And if it seems like I'm absent, its cuz I'm workin on it.

timtom

Apr 24, 2013
Nashville, TN
Here is a picture of the gold version.

There is nothing ever mentioned about them anywhere and based on trying to ask people about this card, they seem to think its a foiling error.

Dan

Thanks Dan. I knew there were gold versions, but they didnt look like that one.

Just a heads up guys. I got a new PC, and have been trying to transfer my webpagemaker and jalbum info over. Things looked like they were ok, til I tried to make a new page update last night. Things werent working the way I wished. Hopefully, I can get the ball rollin soon. And if it seems like I'm absent, its cuz I'm workin on it.

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
Ive been on the lookout ever since i heard of the gold "error". Havent seen one available yet.

speaking of errors, i picked up the ultra top 30 gold non die cut off the bay last week, and the seller had another one listed last night. Im glad to knock it off my error list. Now im just waiting for it to arrive in the mail :)

timtom

Apr 24, 2013
Nashville, TN
Yeah, this is the only one I've seen pop up. And I got it totally by chance.

It was part of a 300-400 card lot of bagwell that I purchased. There were 5-6 of the Hall or nothing cards and as I was organizing them to but in my doubles box I noted the gold foil was different.

My guess is they missed a step in the foiling process, since the gold foil is the same color as the foil in the lettering on the card, but I really have nothing else to back that up.

Dan

DAN--

Funny you should mention these. I emailed Beckett's Rich Klein & Mark Anderson about some Clemens I had displaying the variation nearly 10 years ago. Even they had no clue where they came from.

But the errors been around 10 years at least .

My own thought was a step in the foiling process was skipped. Or the wrong color base shade was added during the process .

I added one to my collection years ago as I believed the variation was showing up regularly. Apparently like the 1996 Bronze Steel versions not so much. Glad I added it when I did.

Jeff

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
So i see this card listed tonight, with a note in the title that it is embossed. So i hit up comc to see if its there, and its not. All the ones there are flat. So since i just got that flat of Bagwells, i checked there. Nope. No doubles of that card. And then i check my pc binder. Sure as heck, i have the embossed one in my binder! But now this leads me to realize that i need the flat one. Off to comc i go! Did you guys know about the embossed vs non embossed variation?

Edit: upon closer inspection of the back lower left corner on the comc listings, i can see the negative imprint of Bagwells leg on a couple. Is there truly a variance here?

$_57.JPG

Last edited:

ASTROBURN

Jun 23, 2011
Santa Cruz, CA
Hey Aaron, [MENTION=4428]MrMet[/MENTION] texted me a pic of the OPeeChee Jumbo earlier today. I already have both versions, but if I remember correctly, didnt you need one? I didnt remember which one you still needed...

And Ive been busy. Redid my closet and desk area. Just need to finish the final touches and load up my new cabinets with my card stuff. I'll post pics when im done.

Members online