Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Oh Super Sweet 90's Inserts.... #3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AndruwHRJones

Aug 9, 2008
PremierConcepts27.jpg

PremierConcepts28.jpg

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
AUTaxMan said:
George_Calfas said:
predatorkj said:
tonsofcommons said:
/100 cool refractor...

Enough said. :)

I've paid less for rarer or simliar. If I recall correctly, this thing went for over $40? And given the year, I didn't expect it to.

Some people really like the Atomic Refractor set. I know several set builders jack the prices pretty good.

I generally like atomic refractors, but I think thee 99 set is ugly.

I think the design but I wasn't sure what the deal was. Had a hard time believing it was a player collector I was going against.

trauty

Oct 8, 2010
tunahead said:
Wow... I'm glad I picked up my Ripken 1996 Studio Silver Press Proof for $60...

I remember hunting everywhere for those special boxes that had the silver press proofs. I finally found one at a Pamida in Nebraska, bought the box and pulled the immortal Butch Huskey. Sold it about 10 years ago for $15. Wish it would have been a little better player.

katieneack

Apr 7, 2012
Northern Kentucky
[/quote]So being only familiar with Frank Thomas prices, was this an expected price for these cards?[/quote]

Not suprising at all. The mirror gold is the holy grail of player collector cards IMO. And everyone knows how rare the Studio silvers are. If you compare it to what the Jordan and Kobe basetball inserts from that time are going for, it actually seems a little low :)

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
So being only familiar with Frank Thomas prices, was this an expected price for these cards?[/quote]

Not suprising at all. The mirror gold is the holy grail of player collector cards IMO. And everyone knows how rare the Studio silvers are. If you compare it to what the Jordan and Kobe basetball inserts from that time are going for, it actually seems a little low :)[/quote]

Really? Granted Bagwell and Frank have been around longer than Jeter, but I can think of at least a few cards of all three I'd rather have as far as toughness goes. And for Bagwell and Frank, they aren't even 1/1's. Red Crusades, DK supers? Hell, even the Colla Collection autos?

The Colla Collection autos for Bagwell are #'d to /200. I've seen only one. I own it. I've never even talked to anyone else that's seen one let alone owned one outside of the collector I purchased it from.

randyherth

Sep 10, 2008
John's Creek, GA
predatorkj said:
So being only familiar with Frank Thomas prices, was this an expected price for these cards?

Not suprising at all. The mirror gold is the holy grail of player collector cards IMO. And everyone knows how rare the Studio silvers are. If you compare it to what the Jordan and Kobe basetball inserts from that time are going for, it actually seems a little low :)[/quote]

Really? Granted Bagwell and Frank have been around longer than Jeter, but I can think of at least a few cards of all three I'd rather have as far as toughness goes. And for Bagwell and Frank, they aren't even 1/1's. Red Crusades, DK supers? Hell, even the Colla Collection autos?

The Colla Collection autos for Bagwell are #'d to /200. I've seen only one. I own it. I've never even talked to anyone else that's seen one let alone owned one outside of the collector I purchased it from.[/quote]

Yeah, I'm not sure where all of those Cola collection autos are hiding at. I saw a couple at auction when I first started collecting Frank again back in 2008, but none since. I was happy to buy a rough condition one back a couple years ago from a fellow board member, but am on the lookout for a better condition one. I have a handful of the Cola all star auto's of Frank that are numbered to 200, but those seem to be much easier to find.....

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
I recently emailed COMC about the messed up listings they have for all the 1997 Score HR/Hobby Reserve/Reserve Collections. Hopefully their listings get straightened out soon; they still list the non-HR Hobby Reserves as Reserve Collection AND as the HR-prefixed Hobby Reserve, so some collectors are getting screwed if they're not careful.

katieneack

Apr 7, 2012
Northern Kentucky
DeliciousBacon said:
I recently emailed COMC about the messed up listings they have for all the 1997 Score HR/Hobby Reserve/Reserve Collections. Hopefully their listings get straightened out soon; they still list the non-HR Hobby Reserves as Reserve Collection AND as the HR-prefixed Hobby Reserve, so some collectors are getting screwed if they're not careful.

It's funny you should mention that because I have been sending them corrections on those cards too. You can actually look at some of the players listing and see the HR prefix and non-HR prefix cards under the same title. It is confusing since the series 2 premium stock and Hobby reserve are identical other than the HR-prefix, but I am surprised they haven't fixed it yet.

I actually bought that checklist from the guy who has one ending tomorrow. He had worked a deal to obtain 5 or 6 of them. The one he has listed now is his last copy, but it has creases on it, which he discloses in his auction listing. He said he is trying to obtain some of the actual marbles now too. I still need the marble, so I am hoping he gets them.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts