Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Opening Night

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
Who is watching? Great game with the Celtics vs. the Heat. The Heat look even better than last season, and the Celtics look like they filled some of their needs from last season. I wonder how long the fans and his teammates will have to go over the top to "appreciate" Ray Allen before he starts feeling slighted and counting his touches there.

Holy Andy Varejao. 9/22/9 for the night with a couple blocks too. How did a contender not trade for him?

Anthony K.

Aug 7, 2008
Enterprise, Alabama
Not watching right now, but will watch my favorite team, the Mavericks, take on the Lakers tonight.

Hoping the young guns and backups put up a big fight against them tonight.

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
Not watching right now, but will watch my favorite team, the Mavericks, take on the Lakers tonight.

Hoping the young guns and backups put up a big fight against them tonight.

Dirk is out, right? As much as I'd like to see Nash get a ring, I hope this Lakers team just doesn't work.

If it wasn't for Lebron most likely winning the MVP again, Rondo looks like he may have a breakthrough season and could win it. 18/6/10 while shooting .667 from the field and 2/2 from the line.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
I'm really looking forward to seeing how this Lakers team works too.

I really think they will be fantastic. Top 5 all-time Guards at their position at the same time has never happened and I think Nash will surprise everyone with his play, even at age 60 or so. Their record may not be unbelievable due to resting the Veterans and the overall health, but come playoff time, look out!

I've got them beating Miami in 5, if anyone cares...

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
I'm really looking forward to seeing how this Lakers team works too.

I really think they will be fantastic. Top 5 all-time Guards at their position at the same time has never happened and I think Nash will surprise everyone with his play, even at age 60 or so. Their record may not be unbelievable due to resting the Veterans and the overall health, but come playoff time, look out!

I've got them beating Miami in 5, if anyone cares...

Miami looks like it has the depth and speed to beat LA even if it all works out for LA.

byronscott4ever

Dec 3, 2009
Who is watching? Great game with the Celtics vs. the Heat. The Heat look even better than last season, and the Celtics look like they filled some of their needs from last season. I wonder how long the fans and his teammates will have to go over the top to "appreciate" Ray Allen before he starts feeling slighted and counting his touches there.

Holy Andy Varejao. 9/22/9 for the night with a couple blocks too. How did a contender not trade for him?

Varejao seems to get nicked up the last few seasons. He broke his wrist in February and was out the rest of the year. Also, the Cavaliers needed to keep whatever talent they had as they rebuild.

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
Varejao seems to get nicked up the last few seasons. He broke his wrist in February and was out the rest of the year. Also, the Cavaliers needed to keep whatever talent they had as they rebuild.

It seems like his injuries are more freak things than being nicked up or injury prone. You also have to determine the best way to rebuild. It's been proven over and over that being stuck in the middle doesn't work, unless you are LA, NY or Miami and can get free agents based on the market you play in. So would Cleveland have been better off trading him for draft picks or other young talent? Maybe. But they also probably would have screwed up the draft picks anyway.

Anthony K.

Aug 7, 2008
Enterprise, Alabama
Dirk is out, right? As much as I'd like to see Nash get a ring, I hope this Lakers team just doesn't work.

If it wasn't for Lebron most likely winning the MVP again, Rondo looks like he may have a breakthrough season and could win it. 18/6/10 while shooting .667 from the field and 2/2 from the line.

Just a fantastic season opener for the Mavs.

Elton Brand showed a little vintage flair, Marion doing Marion things, a couple of young guys stepping up (Brandan Wright had a great game and I think Jae Crowder was only scratching the surface of what he is capable of).

I just REALLY hated seeing Vince Carter AND Eddie Curry on the floor at the same time. It seemed like every time Vince had the ball in his hands, all he could think to do is chuck up a shot and Curry, well, there's a reason he was released by the Spurs.

Hoping Collison continues to play well and OJ May develops some sort of consistency until Dirk and Kaman are healthy. If they can, plus everyone who played great last night continue to play that way, the Mavs might end up more than just fighting for one of the last 2 or 3 playoff spots in the West.

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
Just a fantastic season opener for the Mavs.

Elton Brand showed a little vintage flair, Marion doing Marion things, a couple of young guys stepping up (Brandan Wright had a great game and I think Jae Crowder was only scratching the surface of what he is capable of).

I just REALLY hated seeing Vince Carter AND Eddie Curry on the floor at the same time. It seemed like every time Vince had the ball in his hands, all he could think to do is chuck up a shot and Curry, well, there's a reason he was released by the Spurs.

Hoping Collison continues to play well and OJ May develops some sort of consistency until Dirk and Kaman are healthy. If they can, plus everyone who played great last night continue to play that way, the Mavs might end up more than just fighting for one of the last 2 or 3 playoff spots in the West.

Crowder looked real good. I only saw the first half, but he definitely showed flashes.

Beaubois looked good too. It would be great if he can stay healthy and start to live up to some of the promise he's shown.

Anthony K.

Aug 7, 2008
Enterprise, Alabama
Crowder looked real good. I only saw the first half, but he definitely showed flashes.

Beaubois looked good too. It would be great if he can stay healthy and start to live up to some of the promise he's shown.

Yeah, Crowder is looking like a legit #3 guy for this team (after Dirk and Marion), at least as a scorer. He was the Big East player of the year, so he has the pedigree.

Beaubois looked good opening night and looked just ok tonight. Hopefully he can become more consistent as both a scorer AND distributor, so he can be a viable guy to come off the bench or start if Mayo/Collison get hurt.

If only Vince would stop thinking to shoot 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, he might be able to put together a very decent season. Every time he gets the ball you can tell he just wants to shoot the damn thing (especially if he is behind the 3 point line).

TGutta

May 30, 2010
Minnetonka, Minnesota
Last year I took the Heat over OKC in 7 so I was only 1 game off with my prediction. This year I'm taking the Heat in 7 once again. IMO the Lakers will be too old to beat the Thunder, even without Harden. I'm a huge Timberwolves fan so it sucks having both Rubio and Love out, but I'm thinking if they can play at least .500 ball or close to that until they get them both back I think they have a shot at the playoffs. They made some nice acquisitions this year and for the first time in awhile it seems like players actually want to come and play here.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
How did Anthony Davis drop 21 in a 4 point loss and still manage to have a +/- of -20? How is that even possible?