Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pete Rose is a Pawn Star

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jul 30, 2009
Anyone see tonights episode with the guy who walked in the shop with five MINT 1967 Pete Rose cards?

I didnt catch the very start of it but it didnt look like the cards were in any protection (could have taken them out which I missed) and in the end Rick told the guy they were obvious fakes. The guy didnt like that and called him a name whch was bleeped.

Did I miss anything at the start?

Dpanthers14

Aug 7, 2008
Colorado
lol ya he took 5 Pete Rose RC and thought they were real then they turned out to be fakes lol. The guy was so mad, but they were so bad I could tell by the color and gloss that they were copied.

darrend505

Aug 9, 2008
Dpanthers14 said:
lol ya he took 5 Pete Rose RC and thought they were real then they turned out to be fakes lol. The guy was so mad, but they were so bad I could tell by the color and gloss that they were copied.

They weren't RCs, they were his 1967 Topps card. Had it been his RC, they would have been worth thousands. RC is 1963

TomMurry

Jan 30, 2010
Eastern PA
darrend505 said:
Dpanthers14 said:

They weren't RCs, they were his 1967 Topps card. Had it been his RC, they would have been worth thousands. RC is 1963

I thought they were 69's

bongo870

Sep 30, 2009
Marlton NJ
He was mad. But i dont think he called them a name he just yelled out a bad word out of frustration. These were Roses 4th year card i believe and no he had no protection on them at all. he just walked up and plopped them down. But since he had them a long time they must be real. LOL. then is his dog real? Is his wife real? LOL

Dpanthers14

Aug 7, 2008
Colorado
darrend505 said:
Dpanthers14 said:

woops good call and I'll give my self one of these ::facepalm::

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I was pretty sure they were fake just from looking at the TV. Another odd thing was the that guy claimed to be a longtime collector, but he was keeping them in his shirtpocket with not even a penny sleeve. I'm pretty sure he knew they were bad, and he was putting on the shocked and amazed act because he got caught, not because he didn't know they were fake.

That Washington lottery ticket was pretty sweet, though. Wonder how long until it ends up on a card.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts