Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Places to eat near PNC Park

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jrinne

Sep 25, 2008
Looking for some good local places to eat in Pittsburgh. Anyone have any good suggestions?

Ashburn Alley

Aug 10, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
I wasn't a fan of Primanti Brothers. Maybe because we didn't go to the original location?? We also went to a place called Fat Heads which I did enjoy, but I don't think that is in walking distance of the stadium.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
I wasn't a fan of Primanti Brothers. Maybe because we didn't go to the original location?? We also went to a place called Fat Heads which I did enjoy, but I don't think that is in walking distance of the stadium.

ive only eaten at the one in the stadium and dont know about their other food but their sandwich that has the french fries and cole slaw on it is awesome and i hate coleslaw.

Ashburn Alley

Aug 10, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
ive only eaten at the one in the stadium and dont know about their other food but their sandwich that has the french fries and cole slaw on it is awesome and i hate coleslaw.

Ha, the coleslaw was the issue I had. It was very bland on the sandwich I had. I guess I have to try it again. Maybe it was an off day.

RZimm11

Feb 4, 2009
Definitely Primanti's! I've never been to the original location in the Strip, but there's one about 10 miles south of the city on Rt 51 that's semi-close to my house. Been there tons of times!

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
My wife is a native Pittsburgher, so when we went to a game, we had to eat at Primanti's on the strip. Lots of fun down there because all the shops have outdoor booths - lots of Pirates and Steelers stuff for sale.

My Primanti's experience was interesting because the whole time we were eating, the woman in the booth next to us was breastfeeding her baby with no coverings at all, just letting it hang out. Be prepared for a line before a game.

4999162509_5e7833d1c5.jpg

The other experience that she swore was a true Pittsburgh experience was eating fried fish sandwiches from Benkovitz Seafoods. You go in, order at the lunch counter, and eat at stand-up tables. Very good fish sandwiches. Have lobster tanks and a full fish shop deli. Both Primanti's and Benkovitz's were lunch spots for the dockworkers down by the river, and are Pittsburgh landmarks.

4117965221_978cf9be1c_z.jpg
3702066555_064677172b.jpg

One of my favorite meals in Pittsburgh was Quaker State & Lube for Chicken Wings. It's a chain though.

Of course, Primanti's has a big stand inside PNC park where you can get the sandwiches. PNC park is great for food.

Another unique experience is to go to Station Square, eat at Hard Rock Pittsburgh, Buckhead Saloon, or one of the other restaurants at the square, and then cross the street and ride the incline up Mount Washington. The incline is an interesting piece of history - it's a small railway that climbs the cliffs that the workers used to take to and from work. The cars go up a steep incline, it's a fun ride.

4915892843_409edea855.jpg

Last edited:

gmarutiak

Jul 23, 2010
Baltimore, MD
+1 on Church Brew Works. Great eating and drinking experience.

The Penn Brewery is pretty close to PNC, but out of walking distance. Good German food. Excellent beer.

While the food isn't great at Jerome Bettis' 36 Grille, it is in walking distance, and the best place to pee in Pittsburgh. I won't give you the details, but seriously, it's worth the walk (about halfway between PNC Park and Heinz Field) for the unique experience of urinating.

jrinne

Sep 25, 2008
Looks like we wont have a problem finding good food to eat. Thank you for the suggestions everyone.

Members online

Latest posts