Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Race to Thanksgiving 1989 Topps Project>>>>>>

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
Received another success on Saturday.

Sent: July 6, 2013
Received: July 13, 2013
2/1

Keith Moreland
c/o Chicago Cubs
1060 W. Addison St.
Chicago, IL 60613
muskiesfan-albums-ttm-picture19378-keith-moreland-1989-topps.jpg
muskiesfan-albums-ttm-picture19379-keith-moreland-1988-score.jpg

Mr. Moreland included the 1988 Score with my return. I only sent the 1989 Topps, so I was surprised to get 2 cards back. :lol:

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Received another success on Saturday.

Sent: July 6, 2013
Received: July 13, 2013
2/1

Keith Moreland
c/o Chicago Cubs
1060 W. Addison St.
Chicago, IL 60613
muskiesfan-albums-ttm-picture19378-keith-moreland-1989-topps.jpg
muskiesfan-albums-ttm-picture19379-keith-moreland-1988-score.jpg

Mr. Moreland included the 1988 Score with my return. I only sent the 1989 Topps, so I was surprised to get 2 cards back. :lol:
Haha that's great.

God, I haven't done this since the last '90s TTM. Do people usually send more than one card? I find that VERY interesting if you do. Also, do most y'all write a long letter or what's the usual strategy now adays? I wrote each guy a letter but wasn't sure if that's way overboard or par the course :lol:

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
Haha that's great.

God, I haven't done this since the last '90s TTM. Do people usually send more than one card? I find that VERY interesting if you do. Also, do most y'all write a long letter or what's the usual strategy now adays? I wrote each guy a letter but wasn't sure if that's way overboard or par the course :lol:

I know, right? I just kept thinking, "Some poor bastard isn't getting their 1988 Score back." :lol:

My letters are roughly a paragraph. I thank them for their time. I tell them that I am working on getting the set signed. I would appreciate it if they would sign and return my card. That's about it. I throw a couple of other little things there, but nothing player specific unless they played for the Reds.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I know, right? I just kept thinking, "Some poor bastard isn't getting their 1988 Score back." :lol:

My letters are roughly a paragraph. I thank them for their time. I tell them that I am working on getting the set signed. I would appreciate it if they would sign and return my card. That's about it. I throw a couple of other little things there, but nothing player specific unless they played for the Reds.
OK cool, thanks. I figured there is a large range of what people might do but that's about what I write more/less... unless they played for the Indians (grew up in CLE) or Rangers (live in Dallas now) or Red Sox (lived there 5 years ago).

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Also, not sure if they'll be successful or not... or arrive back in time for this... but I got like 10 HOFers it seems like. I sent them all out in hopes some might be success TTMs but just thought it was odd I got so many in my packs. That site y'all showed me that I paid the annual rate for is awesome. Makes it that much more fun!

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Back from a vacation in California...Yosemite, coast & San Fran (no ballgame, though).
I had 7 waiting for me, which included:
Scott Bailes, sent to his home on 6/28.
Don Baylor, sent to the Diamondbacks on 6/27.
Andy Benes, sent to his home on 6/28.
Mike Birkbeck, sent to his home on 6/28.
Wade Boggs, sent to his home on 6/28, along with $10.
Jack Lazorko, sent to his home on 6/29.
Steve Trout, sent to his home on 7/3.
DANNY

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Mailed out another small stack today. No successes yet but feel like I'm building a pipeline and hope to have some start coming in soon :)

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Jerry Don Gleaton on a 1989 Topps card, signed in blue sharpie, sent to his home on 7/3/13.
Don Robinson on a 1989 Topps card, signed in blue sharpie, sent to his home on 7/3/13.
DANNY

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
2 more arrived today:
Terry McGriff on a 1989 Topps card, signed in fine black sharpie, sent to his home on 7/3/13.
John Smiley on a 1989 Topps card, signed in blue sharpie, sent to his home on 7/3/13.
DANNY

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Haha that's great.

To be honest, I sent out, on average, 3 cards per guy. We shall see what I get back

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
To be honest, I sent out, on average, 3 cards per guy. We shall see what I get back
O really? So like more than one card in the envelope? That's interesting... I saw that in some of the write-ups... didn't think to do it because I didn't want to come off as though I needed more than one but that's cool... let us know!!

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
O really? So like more than one card in the envelope? That's interesting... I saw that in some of the write-ups... didn't think to do it because I didn't want to come off as though I needed more than one but that's cool... let us know!!

Go big or go him I figure, right?

Sly

Aug 7, 2008

I'll usually send up to 4 max to a player. On average, probably just 2 or 3. Ultimately, if they don't want to sign all of them, they won't.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I'll usually send up to 4 max to a player. On average, probably just 2 or 3. Ultimately, if they don't want to sign all of them, they won't.
Never thought of it but sounds like a good idea. Part of me would be more inclined to sign a single card but if someone sent me 4 cards, I might not sign any and consider the person asking for too much... but who am I :lol:

Members online