Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ryan Braun Game Used HR #21 of season and #149 of career bat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zookerman182

Aug 17, 2008
Huntsville, AL
I was fortunate enough to get this beauty in the mail today. It came directly from the Milwaukee Brewers and is MLB holo FJ604653. The SAM bat date on the end of the barrel is 7/26/11 and the hologram date is July 30th so this bat was very easy to matchup with the homerun.

Braun used the bat at Miller Park from 7/28 starting in the first inning through 7/30 and cracked the bat in the 5th inning of J.A. Happ.

Braun homered in his 2nd at bat off Randy Wells on 7/28 which was his 21st of the season and 149th of his career. It was a 420 foot blast to right center. Below i have posted matches from these dates.

Go Brewers!!!!

scan0001.jpg

scan0003.jpg

Braun's Homerun followthrough swing
braunhrmatch.jpg

P9070006.jpg

730_match1.jpg

730_match2.jpg

729_match2.jpg

729_match1.jpg

728_match2.jpg

728_match1.jpg

Heres a link to the video of the HR.
http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=17385829

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
Re: Ryan Braun Game Used HR #21 and #149 of career bat

Awesome pickup. That has to be one of the best photomatching I've seen.

mrwhitesox30

Oct 7, 2008
That's a pretty neat item, especially in what will probably be a 30/30 year. Did you win it through an auction on their website?

zookerman182

Aug 17, 2008
Huntsville, AL
mrwhitesox30 said:
That's a pretty neat item, especially in what will probably be a 30/30 year. Did you win it through an auction on their website?

I spoke directly with the merchandise manager for the Brewers and she was able to find me exactly what i wanted.

Im hoping for 30/30/NL MVP/ and really hopeful for a world series win but we'll see.

i think at this point Braun should beat out Kemp for MVP unless Prince takes some votes away.

Thanks everybody, Im basically trying to make this the best, most well documented Braun gamer out there.

bballjunky24

Dec 8, 2008
I've never even tried to photomatch any of the 5 Mark Reynolds gamers I have... I doubt I could because I wouldn't know where to start...

zookerman182

Aug 17, 2008
Huntsville, AL
bballjunky24 said:
I've never even tried to photomatch any of the 5 Mark Reynolds gamers I have... I doubt I could because I wouldn't know where to start...

Its not too terrible hard.

If you need any help feel free to ask me.

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
zookerman182 said:
bballjunky24 said:

Alright, I have this Jason Jennings Rockies hat from 2006, should be a piece of cake...

JJhat3.jpg

zookerman182

Aug 17, 2008
Huntsville, AL
RL24 said:
zookerman182 said:
bballjunky24 said:

Alright, I have this Jason Jennings Rockies hat from 2006, should be a piece of cake...

JJhat3.jpg

Hats are much harder, esp. from 5 years ago.

With bats you have alot to go off of like which dates they could have used it and usage.

Jason Jennings also isnt a very popular player.

But enough with the excuses, here are the 2 best pictures i could find. On the one you can see the writing in the middle of the hat and the writing in the corner is hidden by his head. On the other you can clearly see the writing in the corner but not in the middle. He may have wrote this on different hats but i cant be for sure. At least you have some sort of reference now. And theres no doubt this was his hat from that season.

jenningshat2.jpg

jenningshat1.jpg

zookerman182

Aug 17, 2008
Huntsville, AL
Just got my Braun HR bat back from John Taube at psa/dna.

Figured i would post the LOA for anyone who has game used bats in question who want to use him to authenticate them. He does a great job.

Also needed to post something to celebrate the clinching of the NL Central.

Hopefully Brauny wins the MVP so i can bump this 1 more time. :D

GO BREWERS!!!

Members online

Latest posts