Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Sid Happens

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Twin Cities Sportswriter Sid Hartman held an "estate sale" today. Sid is alive and well, but wanted to clean his closets out for charity.

He mainly brought his old clothes and shoes, as well as bobbles, books, t-shirts, magazines, and some audio tapes (would have taken these puppies home with me had I had the money).

The reason I am posting this in the basketball forum, is because Sid was a major player in the early days of the Minneapolis Lakers. He got the team to town from Detroit, and helped build the first dynasty in the NBA. Sid even signed future NFL hofer Bud Grant to a professional basketball contract with the Lakers.

Sid was scheduled to be there, signing whatever people purchased, but decided to leave around noon, before I had a chance to chat with him. He did sign some stuff before he left.

Anyway, I decided to snag a suit coat of his. I found one for $30. A bit spendy, but cool to have. If anyone wants pics, let me know and I can upload some tomorrow.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Wish it would've been next weekend, as I'll be down in the Cities for 4 days :(

AmishDave

Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Probably not for 'Fest. I see the tickets per day are $20 and all auto's are pay. XXXX that. May have someone look for some Willingham or Hicks stuff at the Yard Sale, but it's too much $$$ for someone who's gotta drop $100 just on gas and food to get down there. Not worth it, IMO.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Probably not for 'Fest. I see the tickets per day are $20 and all auto's are pay. XXXX that. May have someone look for some Willingham or Hicks stuff at the Yard Sale, but it's too much $$$ for someone who's gotta drop $100 just on gas and food to get down there. Not worth it, IMO.

I don't like the no freebies, but at least they are sprinkling in the MiLBers with the usual paid guys.

It'll be interesting, that's for sure.

AmishDave

Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Sound like today was the day to go. 50% off on all of Sid's clothes.

Don't like making my TC runs on Sunday especially if I can do it on Saturday though.

I'd have a new sport coat wardrobe if I were down there. Doh ...

Members online

Latest posts