Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

ST.LOUIS TICKET WARNING! IF YOU PLAN TO ATTEND A WS GAME IN STL READ THIS!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
Tonight at Game 3 we had multiple tickets that appeared to be legitimate tickets. These tickets were printed on a similar stock however the barcodes were short and the tickets were no good. In talking to most of the people who had these tickets they were bought from a scalper. So its either 1 guy or a small group. They made good money tonight and chances are they will be right back at it for Game 4. Please if you are buying from a scalper request info from the guy or have him walk you to the gates. I know that it seems tedious however it could save you hundreds of dollars. I hated seeing a family of 3 get turned away at the gate because some guy sold them bad tickets. Be careful and take my advice. I am an usher at the stadium and can almost promise you that getting a scalper to walk you to the gate should be no big deal. Also if you try to sneak into the game you will be stopped and arrested. Be smart. Be safe. Go Cardinals!

PujolsCollector

Jan 17, 2011
St.Louis
Yeah it was very disheartening to see a father tell his 2 sons that he tried to take them to a World Series game. The older kids eyes welled up and I don't know that I will ever forget their faces (that sounds like such a cliché , however I really don't think I will) and the disappointment when the dad turned to me and asked well what do we do? Nothing. Find a cop and hope you can find the guy so someone else don't get ripped off.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Not to be direct but you run this risk EVERY time you buy ANY ticket off a scalper.

To be clear, I think it's a dirtball move for anyone to deliberately rip anyone off but let be honest, in most cities (if not all) you're partaking in something if not illegal, frowned upon.

Again, doesn't make it right - wish those dudes get what's coming to them - but let's keep it all in perspective.

---
Buying Albert Belle cards! PM me!

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
Not to be direct but you run this risk EVERY time you buy ANY ticket off a scalper.

To be clear, I think it's a dirtball move for anyone to deliberately rip anyone off but let be honest, in most cities (if not all) you're partaking in something if not illegal, frowned upon.

Again, doesn't make it right - wish those dudes get what's coming to them - but let's keep it all in perspective.

---

Its not illegal everywhere. I know in NYC as long as they are something like 200 yards from the front door they are ok. But I only deal with guys who will walk up with me or buy from people entering who have extras.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Its not illegal everywhere. I know in NYC as long as they are something like 200 yards from the front door they are ok. But I only deal with guys who will walk up with me or buy from people entering who have extras.

I know not everywhere but it is most everywhere with distance restrictions, good point.

Either way, if you're going to avoid a legal ticket distribution system, then you're obviously rolling the dice. People need to be smarter, like you, who won't do it unless people walk there with them, etc.

I'd vote to pony up the little more $ and assure the ticket is legit - this goes with a lot of things in life

---

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
The problem is so bad at the big football events that they have a specific reserved viewing section for those who get sold counterfeit tickets. Usually a large screen in an area just outside the Stadium...

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
The problem is so bad at the big football events that they have a specific reserved viewing section for those who get sold counterfeit tickets. Usually a large screen in an area just outside the Stadium...

Sorry, that's stupid IMO.

Only because that just means anyone with a printer is welcome there.

---

aupt

Apr 16, 2010
This reminds me of the 1982 World's Series in St. Louis. Walking around the stadium before the game, I saw a guy pick a pocket. As I was giving a cop a description, etc., I saw the pickpocket walking nearby. "There he is now," I told the cop. Busted!

Members online

Latest posts