Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

TGutta's TTM/IP Auto Thread!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TGutta

May 30, 2010
Minnetonka, Minnesota
Dirk Nowitzki 1/1

Sent 3/15/14
Received 4/18/14

DirkNowitzki8x10Auto_zps06f181ca.jpg

TGutta

May 30, 2010
Minnetonka, Minnesota
Finally went to my first game since Opening Day yesterday. Only ended up getting Brandon League and Chris Perez. There was no BP since it was misting through the morning. Was 1 person away from getting Matt Kemp during warmups at the same spot I got him in 2010. Zack Greinke, Hanley Ramirez, and Yasiel Puig all signed a couple by the dugout pregame as well.

BrandonLeague2012ToppsAllenampGinterIPAuto_zps58cc555e.jpg
ChrisPerez2012ToppsAllenampGinterIPAuto_zpse8e5a600.jpg
ChrisPerez2014ToppsIPAuto_zpsffed6167.jpg

Had a TTM return yesterday as well.

Wade Boggs 1/1

Sent 1/6/14
Received 5/1/14

WadeBoggs2013ToppsAllenampGinterTTMAuto_zpse20089d1.jpg

TGutta

May 30, 2010
Minnetonka, Minnesota
Attended a free signing yesterday at a T-Mobile store with Chris Colabello and Trevor Plouffe. Had a ton of fun there. They were signing autos and doing giveaways every 15 minutes. When I first got there they gave us a coupon for a free lunch in the parking lot so that was nice. They also handed out free hats to the first 100 people there, but I'm 99% positive there were less than 100 people that showed up for the duration of the signing. Plouffe and Colabello were very nice, taking time to talk with each fan and take pictures with everyone. Was able to get through the line 2 times so I could help out [MENTION=5359]clarkzac[/MENTION] with a couple items, but here is what I got done!

ChrisColabello2013ToppsUpdateIPAuto_zps72760a4d.jpg
TrevorPlouffe2013ToppsHeritageIPAuto_zpsa21b5d32.jpg
TrevorPlouffe2005ToppsUpdateIPAuto_zpsf8a559a4.jpg
TrevorPlouffe2005ToppsTotalIPAuto_zps1f48189a.jpg

ChrisColabello8x10Auto_zps8476d7c0.jpg

The Colabello 8x10 is the HR that he hit earlier this year on his mom's birthday while they were interviewing her on TV, very cool moment. When I handed him the picture he knew exactly what it was and thought it was really cool. Said that his mom can get really emotional but it was an awesome moment for him! Also had both of them sign my 2014 Twins Yearbook that isn't pictured.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Thanks for helping out at the signing! I didn't even realize that the Colabello was from the home run while his mom was being interviewed! Makes it even cooler if you ask me

TGutta

May 30, 2010
Minnetonka, Minnesota
Thanks for helping out at the signing! I didn't even realize that the Colabello was from the home run while his mom was being interviewed! Makes it even cooler if you ask me

Definitely. I'm sure it was the first time he had signed the picture so that made it even cooler. When I had him sign the team yearbook it had him with last year's number, 55. When he looked at it he shook his head so I asked him if he didn't like his rookie number, he said that it made him feel like a linebacker lol

TGutta

May 30, 2010
Minnetonka, Minnesota
Went to the Twins vs. Astros games on Friday and Saturday, but only went for autographs on Friday since there was no BP and it was raining on Saturday. Had an 8x10 for George Springer but wasn't able to get him as he only signed 2 balls from the dugout then went in. Jonathan Singleton did the same so I wasn't able to get him either. Altuve didn't sign and I missed Jonathan Villar by 1 person. There were a couple people who signed that I didn't have anything for, but I still did pretty good with what I had.

DexterFowler2012ToppsAllenampGinterIPAuto_zpsa48151f2.jpg
JarredCosart2014ToppsHeritageIPAuto_zps18371f37.jpg
AlexPresley2013ToppsHeritageIPAuto_zps9cf9e953.jpg

JasonCastro2013ToppsIPAuto_zpsa8bc9467.jpg
ChrisCarter2013ToppsIPAuto_zps976e2e84.jpg
JeromeWilliams2013ToppsIPAuto_zpsb06b4751.jpg

TGutta

May 30, 2010
Minnetonka, Minnesota
Thanks! I don't have tickets yet, but the next game I plan on going to is June 20th against the White Sox. They're giving away a Harmon Killebrew All-Star Game Bobblehead that day so I'm definitely excited. The 2 games I went to this weekend they gave out a 2014 All-Star Game Snoopy Figurine and a Ron Gardenhire Garden Gnome. Pretty cool!

TGutta

May 30, 2010
Minnetonka, Minnesota
Went to the Twins vs. White Sox game last night for the Harmon Killebrew 1965 All-Star Game Bobblehead. I brought my nephew along with me who was visiting from Illinois and is somewhat of a White Sox fan. Unfortunately we didn't stay the entire game to see the awesome Brian Dozier walk-off winner! We did go down for some autographs during BP but only 1 player signed, but I would say it was a good one! He stayed for a good 10-15 minutes signing for everybody. He stood in one spot off to the side of the dugout and had everyone form a line that actually went really smoothly.

PaulKonerko2012ToppsAllenampGinterIPAuto_zps4d88d473.jpg

PaulKonerkoOMLBAuto_zpse82439e1.jpg

21ccl

Aug 26, 2012
Went to the Twins vs. White Sox game last night for the Harmon Killebrew 1965 All-Star Game Bobblehead. I brought my nephew along with me who was visiting from Illinois and is somewhat of a White Sox fan. Unfortunately we didn't stay the entire game to see the awesome Brian Dozier walk-off winner! We did go down for some autographs during BP but only 1 player signed, but I would say it was a good one! He stayed for a good 10-15 minutes signing for everybody. He stood in one spot off to the side of the dugout and had everyone form a line that actually went really smoothly.

PaulKonerko2012ToppsAllenampGinterIPAuto_zps4d88d473.jpg

PaulKonerkoOMLBAuto_zpse82439e1.jpg
[/QUOT
I love his auto.

TGutta

May 30, 2010
Minnetonka, Minnesota
After taking a week to recuperate, I have finally finished taking some pictures and scans of All-Star week! Here is my day-by-day recap.

Saturday July 19 - FanFest Day 1

I did not attend on Friday due to work, but I had planned on spending the entire day there Saturday to check out all of the activities and get some autographs. My initial plan was to get Rollie Fingers and Tony Oliva during the first autograph signing session, but that plan backfired when I had some things come up in the morning and got there about an hour late. Since there wasn't anything really going on I needed to get when I got there I decided to just roam around and do some of the activities. I had a lot of fun playing some of the interactive games and even trying out the pitch speed. I topped out at 70, but I can get closer to 75-80 after warming up some. The first player signing that I wanted to get was Orlando Cepeda. I hadn't originally planned on getting him, but after missing on Fingers and Oliva I decided I shouldn't go empty handed.

OrlandoCepeda2012ToppsGypsyQueenIPAuto_zps049f5043.jpg

I also got a 2012 Topps Allen & Ginter What's in a Name signed, but that will be going to [MENTION=5359]clarkzac[/MENTION]. Next on my list was to try and get Kris Bryant since he was signing at the MLB Publications kiosk. They were saying the entire time that in order to get an autograph you had to buy an All-Star program and that Bryant would ONLY be signing the programs and nothing else. This turned me away a little bit because I already have 2 of the programs that I got with my ticket strip so I didn't want to pay the $15 for another one. When Bryant got there and started signing I was near the front of his line just watching, and to my surprise he was signing anything BUT the programs, which upset me a little the same guy that was telling people he wouldn't be was standing right there letting it happen. I decided to go ahead and buy a Derek Jeter Commemorative Program and get in line.

KrisBryantOMLBAuto_zps0c7f6ae4.jpg

I should also note that MLB was at each of these signings and was authenticating all autographs which was really nice. The only items that they didn't authenticate were ones that you would get from players not at signings and just roaming around. After getting Bryant I decided to get in line for Juan Marichal. He wouldn't be signing for another hour an a half, but the lines for everything else to do were long and I figured I could rest a little bit. Marichal was a very funny guy and seemed like he really enjoyed interacting with the fans, more than any other player that I met there this week.

JuanMarichal2013ToppsAllenampGinterIPAutoHOF83_zps078f4455.jpg
JuanMarichal2012ToppsGypsyQueenIPAutoHOF83_zpsc58fd21a.jpg

I spent the rest of the night going around and participating in more of the activities since at this point in the day people were leaving so the lines were very short. Left about an hour before they closed since I knew I still had some long days ahead.

Sunday July 20 - FanFest Day 2, Future's Game, Celebrity Softball Game

My main goal going into Sunday was getting Jennie Finch on a couple of 8x10s. When doors opened I went straight into her line, only to be told about 15 minutes later that T-Mobile was only allowing her to sign her promo cards. This was pretty disappointing since I was really looking forward to getting the pictures. There really wasn't a whole lot left that I had planned that morning since I would be leaving early for the Future's Game, so my girlfriend decided to still wait and get the promo signed and I went and got my picture with her during her photo opportunity.

JennieFinch_zps3ebd1392.jpg
JennieFinchIPAuto_zps618ebe4b.jpg

After getting Jennie I left for the Future's Game. I had cards for most players on the US team and not as many on the World team so I figured I would go and try the US. This was probably the biggest disappointment of the weekend. There was a 15-20 minute time scheduled for the teams to sign autographs prior to the game, but the only guys on the US side that I saw sign were Alex Meyer, Christian Binford, and a couple by Josh Bell. The most frustrating thing was looking over on the other side and seeing a ton of guys on the World roster signing, including Francisco Lindor and Javier Baez. I didn't let it bother me too much since I was still enjoying myself, but it did suck. The game was fun to watch, especially seeing hometown guys Jose Berrios, Kenny Vargas, and Alex Meyer all do pretty well. The best part of the game was Joey Gallo during BP. He absolutely launched homers all over the place, including one that was 5 rows from hitting the scoreboard in right field and another that broke the windshield on a car that was parked on the concourse in right. I won't say too much about the Celebrity Softball game, but the highlight there was definitely watching Jennie Finch blow 3 or 4 straight fastballs by Adrian Peterson and him looking astonished after each one.

Tuesday July 22 - FanFest Day 3, Red Carpet Show, All-Star Game

Tuesday was my final day at FanFest as I had taken Monday off and had sold my tickets to the HR Derby. I was by myself for FanFest and the Red Carpet Show since my girlfriend had to work that morning so time went by a little slower, but it was probably my best day at FanFest. Got in right when doors opened and got this as a giveaway for the first 1,000 fans.

JoeMauerBobbleheadFanFestGiveaway_zps46353053.jpg

Most of the people there were rushing straight into line for Joe Mauer's autograph appearance, despite the fact that he wouldn't be signing for 2 1/2 hours and only had a 30 minute session. Since I have enough of him and he will always be available at TwinsFest I decided to go after Paul Molitor. He is the one guy that I have always wanted to get but never have since he is a hometown guy and we both graduated from the University of Minnesota. He didn't seem as happy to be there as someone like Juan Marichal, but I still came away with this.

PaulMolitorOMLBAutoHOF04_zps0cb3fce6.jpg

The next place I decided to go was the T-Mobile Field where they held clinics for players. Giancarlo Stanton would be appearing there so I figured I would take my shot at getting him going in or coming out. There were plenty of other people having the same idea as me as it was very crowded over there, but he ended up signing for the kids that he did the clinic with and nobody else. I was alright with that as the kids really enjoyed it, but it was kind of annoying seeing the parents of the kids rushing to give them more stuff to have Stanton sign. There was one guy specifically there that I had heard saying he was only doing it with his kid so he could get Stanton's auto, that just really bugs me. There was only about 20 minutes left in the first signing session after Stanton was done and when I walked by I saw that Rollie Fingers was there and didn't have much of a line at all. I was told that I may get through, I may not but I figured since I missed him on Saturday I would take the chance. I'm glad I did as I came away with this!

RollieFingersOMLBAutoHOF92_zpse3f8d2d0.jpg

While that was the last thing I had planned at FanFest, I saw that Ozzie Smith was having a Q&A about 30 minutes later so I decided to stay and watch that. He is definitely a really cool guy. I ended up being in the right place at the right time after his session as he stayed and signed for people for about 10 minutes. There were people literally shoving others out of the way trying to get him, really sad to see.

OzzieSmithOMLBAuto_zps2e8d4e1c.jpg

That was it for FanFest, ending up finishing my last day there getting 3 HOFer autos which I definitely call a success! I went out to see the Red Carpet Show after and it was fun seeing the guys going by. Derek Jeter, Glen Perkins, and Pat Neshek seemed to get the biggest ovation. I debated trying to get autographs closer to the stadium, but ended up just taking a break from them for awhile to enjoy the festivities. This may have come back to bite me though as I heard from a couple people that nearly all of the players stopped and signed some autographs as they were entering the stadium, including Derek Jeter! The only player that signed autographs inside the stadium for the game was David Price. The game itself was very memorable and something I will never forget. Worth every penny for something that may only be a once in a lifetime thing, especially being at home. It was awesome being there for Jeter's last ASG, but the ending was my favorite part with Perkins closing it out for the AL win! I took quite a few pictures during most of the week, but it will take me quite a bit longer to get them all on here.

TGutta

May 30, 2010
Minnetonka, Minnesota
Attended a signing by Oswaldo Arcia today at Sports Authority. Came away with 3 autos, not pictured is a 2014 Twins Yearbook which also has Chris Colabello and Trevor Plouffe.

OswaldoArcia8x10Auto_zpsc69cf121.jpg

2014ToppsGypsyQueenIPAuto_zps51f80506.jpg

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
Good stuff.You had nice weather too.Nice picture with Finch.I met Molitor at CWS years ago, and he signed a ball for me.Still have it.

r2d2

Aug 24, 2008
Mexico City
Thanks for sharing your All-Star Week experience, always love to read about those. It is amazing moment that you will never forget, besides the autographs opportunities, the events and experiences are lifetime memories.

TGutta

May 30, 2010
Minnetonka, Minnesota
Went to the Twins vs. Tigers game last Friday night. Went in not expecting too much, but came away very pleased. Torii Hunter was my favorite player growing up for the Twins and he is still very loved in Minnesota. I only met him once as a kid at a game in Chicago and don't really remember too much. Fast forward to Friday and I met him for the 2nd time, all around classy guy! Would love it if he finished out his career with the Twins, but with the youth movement the Twins will be going through in the next couple years I figure it isn't too likely.

ToriiHunter2012ToppsAllenampGinterIPAuto_zps2ce9ce59.jpg

ToriiHunterOMLBAuto_zps96b4d868.jpg

Also ended up getting Eduardo Escobar in my team yearbook right before the game as my seats were down the right field line as opposed to my usual left field line seats.

TGutta

May 30, 2010
Minnetonka, Minnesota
Went to a couple game last week. Saw the White Sox on Tuesday and the Angels on Saturday. First 10,000 fans on Saturday received a Glen Perkins 2014 All-Star Game bobblehead. Saturday was crazy with people trying to get Mike Trout's autograph, almost as crazy as Yankees fans were with Jeter this season. I imagine it is going to be that way for some time now as he seems to be the new face of baseball for the next decade. He did end up signing for about 20 people pre-game, but I was not there for that. Came away with Gordon Beckham on a 2011 Topps Heritage. Tuesday went a little better. Went in 30 minutes before gates opened to watch Twins BP and caught a Brian Dozier HR ball. None of the players signed during BP, but Jose Abreu was playing catch right by the dugout where I was standing. As he was done he seemed to be looking for someone to throw the ball to. All of the guys there were just screaming at him to sign, so I put my hands up and he threw the ball right to me. During warmups before first pitch I was able to get Michael Taylor on a 2012 Topps Allen & Ginter and my favorite was Paul Konerko on a Sports Illustrated! Konerko seems to be a very fan friendly this year, mainly because it is his last season. I already got Konerko on a ball and Allen & Ginter at a game earlier this year so I will likely give the Sports Illustrated to my uncle as a Christmas present as he is a huge White Sox fan.

MichaelTaylor2012ToppsAllenampGinterIPAuto_zpsfcfd1fe3.jpg
GordonBeckham2011ToppsHeritageIPAuto_zps48060b5a.jpg

PaulKonerkoSportsIllustratedAuto_zps36749022.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts