Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The 2014 Topps (High) Tek Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
How it usually goes this year for the bigger stars, short printed by having only the low numbered auto variations. My pre release guess was RJ only signed the /10, /5 & /1 and so far that is turning out to be true.

Looks like Griffey is the same way as well. At least they both have the Buyback auto option as well.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
I received my package from Andrews group break yesterday and it was my first time seeing these in hand and wow do I like these!!

Now I'll have to chase the harpers. Anyone have a list of which patterns are sp'd? Sorry if it is in this thread already, I'm on the app.

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
I think the most disappointing think about this release is that having different base background patterns for AL/NL means the low numbered color parallels look AMAZING for AL teams, and NL you can't see the sparkle hardly at all due to the more solid design. Really sucks to be honest, lessens my likelihood to go heavy after them.

AL [sweet] Wave......................NL [bleh] Spiral Bricks
View attachment 43601View attachment 43602

View attachment 43603View attachment 43604

I agree with this, especially now that I have some in hand. Also, Clouds, Disco, and Cracked Ice just do not POP on those clear backgrounds. Nothing like 98 Diffractors. But Blue Dots and Red Storms with their opaque backgrounds look great (like above). I actually like most of my rarer base cards better than my Disco and Clouds.

Last edited:

corockies

Mar 23, 2013
Colorado
Not sure if anyone has clarified this yet, but here's a complete break down of all patterns:

Non-autographed cards:
6 non-serial #ed varying pattern cards per player, Gold /99, Ice Diffractor /75, Disco Diffractor /50, Clouds Diffractor /25, Black/White Image /15, Red Diffractor /10, Blue Diffractor /5 for a total of 13 cards per player.
4 press proofs /1 and Charcoal Black Diffractor /1 for 5 1/1's per player.

Autographed cards (for most players):
non-serial #ed, Ice Diffractor /75, Disco Diffractor /50, Clouds Diffractor /25, Black/White Image /15, Red Diffractor /10, Blue Diffractor /5 for a total of 7 cards per player.
Note - some players do not have a non-serial #ed autograph version.

Last edited:

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Not sure if anyone has clarified this yet, but here's a complete break down of all patterns:

Non-autographed cards:
6 non-serial #ed varying pattern cards per player, Gold /99, Ice Diffractor /75, Disco Diffractor /50, Clouds Diffractor /25, Black/White Image /15, Red Diffractor /10, Blue Diffractor /5 for a total of 13 cards per player.

Autographed cards (for most players):
non-serial #ed, Ice Diffractor /75, Disco Diffractor /50, Clouds Diffractor /25, Black/White Image /15, Red Diffractor /10, Blue Diffractor /5 for a total of 7 cards per player.
Note - some players do not have a non-serial #ed autograph version.
So what gives here then....

Albert Belle Charcoal Galactic Diffractor 1/1:
Front
front.jpg

Back
back.jpg

2014 Charcoal Black Galactic Diffractor 1/1:
Front
front.jpg

Back:
back.jpg

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
So what the hell gives?

I messaged both and the one says they did in fact sell it and the current sellers says it was pulled from a pack in his store.

So two copies? Funny business? What the hell

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
So what the hell gives?

I messaged both and the one says they did in fact sell it and the current sellers says it was pulled from a pack in his store.

So two copies? Funny business? What the hell

Different color print plate. One has some gold, the other has black. Print plates usually come in yellow, blue, magenta, and black.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Different color print plate. One has some gold, the other has black. Print plates usually come in yellow, blue, magenta, and black.

So which is this and which sold? Black sold and this is yellow?! Or there is a new plate color? So not four but five now?!

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
I know this doesn't help Mac lol but I just received my TCG#1 package from @allincards ...THANKS ANDREW! Had to scan and show the highlight:

2014 Topps High Tek Ken Griffey Jr. Blue Diffractor Autograph 5/5:
b11fccf3-8072-40e3-abc9-2bace89d510f.jpg
ae4d18f3-d49b-43cd-85c4-9bfc3478c579.jpg

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Great pull! I remember seeing that break thread and seeing if the M's were available... and there was your name right next to it. Congrats!

Thanks man! Definitely a lucky pull, got a wave and spiral base with it as well. Too bad Buhner wasn't in this one, but it is neat to see more Edgar lately.

Members online