Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The COMC user interface is the worst

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
As a buyer and seller I do believe that COMC needs as much traffic as possible, and they really should be focusing more efforts on that, but to come and make inflammatory remarks based on you unwillingness to make an effort is fairly irritating as it's likely to drive away anyone looking to explore eBay alternatives. Truth is, they have a fairly comprehensive interface compared to any industry alternatives. Perhaps slowing down the amount of cards you are offering on at once would enable you to more effectively multitask.

My complaints are valid and they stand.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
Maybe they can fix their garbage offer/counter-offer interface instead of showing an "unwillingness to make an effort" to do so. If they need me to point out specific unintutive aspects of their site so they can fix them, maybe user interface isn't the worst of their problems.

athletics07

Nov 10, 2013
Given the amount of anxiety this is giving you I'd probably just not purchase through their site if I were you.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
I still use the site. I just cringe every time I get a counter-offer from a seller. Especially when there is a back and forth or multiple offers out. I hate navigating their offers page. It's a drag.

mrdallas

Mar 20, 2013
Roseville CA
while I can understand the frustrations sometimes with the offer/counteroffer interface. I personally like the site for a few reasons, 1st and foremost.... I just bought a lot of 46 cards from 9 sellers over 3 nights. total cost to ship my loot......... 3 Bucks... That alone makes this site worth some of the other IMO minor issues. Had I have had to pick up these cards on eBay the shipping alone would have cost me an additional 24 bucks at a minimum. Not to mention when there are multiples of the same card for sale I get to see the front and back of each card all on the same page next to each other which lets me see which cards are in the condition I think is best without having to toggle between pages. Just a few easy details I like about the site.

bigunitcards

Sep 8, 2013
OKC, OK
I kind of get what you're saying, but I feel like it's more due to the fact that COMC has SO many features that there really is no way to make it all that simple. I mean you're buying/selling/offering/searching/watching/shipping/receiving/organizing/pricing/marketing cards all at once. On Beckett you're simply adding to a cart and checking out. I think COMC interface is top notch and allows you to do so much pretty seamlessly one you understand all the corners of the room. Could they do what you have an issue with better, sure, anything can be improved. But if you take a look at the big picture, COMC is a godsend in this limited-option hobby.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
I don't have a problem with COMC. I love COMC and use it almost daily. I'm not sure why people are up-in-arms like I'm attacking the site. I'm not. I'm simply pointing out a huge flaw in the user interface. The entire purpose of a site like theirs is to get things sold. That's the NUMBER ONE aspect of COMC. Sales. Cards changing hands. Without sales, no one would use COMC. So when that process has a big hiccup, that's a pretty major issue to me, as a seller and a buyer. It should be one of the easiest and most pleasant aspects of the site, yet it's one of the hardest and most aggravating.

Last edited:

JustMoe

Mar 13, 2015
Burien, WA
The offers page is pretty thread-bare, as there's a lot of info it has to relay...if you want to see a particular card in an offer, you can go to the column on the far right and click the Offer Amount...that's a live link that takes you to the card, so you can see the details on that specific offer. The website is set up to only show the latest offer(s), as it automatically updates when there are a series of offers/counters. If you want a history of offers and such, you need to keep the emails that you received.

The same idea is seen on the Store Credit History page and the Submissions Status page...rather than giving an itemized rundown of activity, these pages only show a current "running total" - I'm not sure of the logic/reasoning behind this, but it's the way that things have always been done there.

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
I have no issues with the offer/counteroffer features on COMC and have been able to successfully use that feature in the past without getting into a tantrum about it.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
I'm not a fan of their offer system, either. If some of the seller's had wiggle room on offers or logical sales, that'd diminish my dislike.

skrezyna23

Mar 21, 2016
South Korea
I love COMC. Where else on the internet can you see a scan of every single card, front and back? You can't. I'm done buying from huge sellers who only use stocks photos and have high prices on non-base cards. Perhaps you're low-balling and that's the reason for the excessive counter bidding that's infuriating you?

Aside from not offering (just buying) on any of Joes hitshow's cards, I love it.

COMC all the way.
http://www.comc.com

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
A sportscardtheory thread:

Step 1: Post about a benign issue that no one really cares about in an overly sanctimonious way
Step 2: Deride any opinion that doesn't completely and fully agree with sportscardtheory's opinion
Step 3: Offer the opinion that the people with different opinions are not as smart as sportscardtheory
Step 4: Offer the opinion that the people with different opinions cannot read
Step 5: Refer to everyone as a troll

At least you're consistent dude :lol:

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
A sportscardtheory thread:

Step 1: Post about a benign issue that no one really cares about in an overly sanctimonious way - I care, so I posted about it. This is a forum about cards and COMC is a card site. If you have an issue with that, you may need to get some help.
Step 2: Deride any opinion that doesn't completely and fully agree with sportscardtheory's opinion - Never happened. I have been on-topic the entire thread. Go ahead and read it again to see that you are just making things up.
Step 3: Offer the opinion that the people with different opinions are not as smart as sportscardtheory - Literally never happened. Nice try.
Step 4: Offer the opinion that the people with different opinions cannot read - I was talking about people who are talking about everything but what I was talking about. Again, nice try.
Step 5: Refer to everyone as a troll - Literally only you, bud. Literally only you. You sound like a bitter weirdo right now, making things up out of thin air. It's creepy.

At least you're consistent dude :lol:

At least you are consistent in your troll.

Members online

Latest posts