Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Hockey Talk Thread - Summer 2011 edition!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
thanks for posting that. it's always interesting learning new info about the Penguins history. plus the original poster of that thread apparently has a Pens website that I will be looking over for the next few hours here at work :mrgreen:

http://www.penguinschronicles.com/

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
Another interesting thing in that picture is Derrick Sanderson. Who legend has it was wasted out of his mind in his short stint in Pittsburgh. I read it in Dave Schultz book Hammer. I'd love to see that collection of photos the guy purchased. Probably has some great shots from Pens games with yellow jerseys.

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
:D :) :p :mrgreen:

Countdown_87_sid_geno.jpg

Weimer

Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
I'm actually really pumped for this upcoming season. I want to see what Setoguchi and Heatley can help the Wild do. I'm not hoping for miracles, I don't think they have a shot at a Stanley Cup this season but it would be nice to at least see them make the playoffs and have a nice run.

I also want to start collecting Heatley cards once I get more money. His cards are dirt cheap to my surprise. Is that primarily because it's the off season or is it for some other reason?

gonzagacubs

Aug 7, 2008
Glenpool, OK
Junior Griffey said:
Patrick Kane is having surgery on his wrist on Tuesday, and will be out for 6-8 weeks. Hopefully he recovers quickly.

Better now than during the season.

Got Frolik re-signed today as well, which was huge.

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
several teams have unveiled new uniforms for the 2011-12 season.

the Florida Panthers have gone back to a Red home jersey...

0709-fla-newguys.jpg

the Nashville Predators will be sporting new home and road uniforms...

Home
0713-nsh-smashville247.jpg

Road
0713-nsh-newroads.jpg

the Toronto Maple Leafs alternate based on their 1967 uniforms...

0715-tor-leafshq.jpg

Slette

Jul 24, 2009
St Paul
I've always been more of an observer when it comes to hockey, but I'm a big Heatley fan, and with him joining the Wild, I think it's time to pick up a few of his cards. I still need a Gaborik auto, too... I'm tempted to get his Topps Heritage.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Saw some Ultimate Hockey ripped today at my LCS. Man, what sweet looking patches.

He got a Seguin rookie auto /99 REdemption. He got a beautiful 5 color Phineof too. The Nick Johnson /35 was from the Nameplate of his RPS jersey. The only weird thing was the photo was from the Blue jersey. ::facepalm:: :lol:

His main rookie auto /299 was Bobrosky *Looks at Puck* and that was real nice looking and gradable. Great break!

If I had the coin, I would definitely try some.

Members online

Latest posts