Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

========== The Morning Thread =========

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Good Afternoon Gents!!! Just checking in...starting to feel like I am actually back home now :lol: Jen and I are going out to my parents to hand out some gifts we got from out of town and then coming back home to upload all the pics and videos from the trip :cool: Getting ready to start the crock pot for some tasty pot roast to enjoy and hoping to watch Shutter Island as well :mrgreen:

Anthony K.

Aug 7, 2008
Enterprise, Alabama
metallicalex777 said:
Good Afternoon Gents!!! Just checking in...starting to feel like I am actually back home now :lol: Jen and I are going out to my parents to hand out some gifts we got from out of town and then coming back home to upload all the pics and videos from the trip :cool: Getting ready to start the crock pot for some tasty pot roast to enjoy and hoping to watch Shutter Island as well :mrgreen:

Prepare yourself for a ride.

I ended up VERY disappointed in the movie, especially for how long it is (2 and a half hours).

Once you watch it, let's discuss it, as I want to know how others who have seen it feel about the last 15 minutes or so.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
JackLondon said:
George_Calfas said:
For those who might have missed this statement:

A-Team

Best Movie of the Summer/

Well, that is the great thing about America; we are all entitled to our opinions.... :| ;)

Andrew, if I were stating an opinion you would know, however, I am a scientific mind and I Only express facts.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
1st4040 said:
Finally I have a mailday worth posting.. all of these came from same seller and are numbered /150 or less.. 5 of them are /50 or less. a nice haul for me and I may splurge one more time from same seller and pick up a handful more things he has for sale.

JosePC064.png

One of my new favorite cards

JosePC065.png

Paul, I cant argue with your new favorite, however I am a fan of the Timeless Treasures 3-color patch!

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
20 plus IP autos plus what i get tonight to post . just a few cards for my PC .
always nice to get a bill from a company you no longer OWE balance 0.00 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Pool Bill is another thing :( :(

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Resident Piazza Fan said:
17ROCKIES12 said:
IndyMann said:
Only 10 Rack Packs. Thought there was 11.

Rack Pack #10:

Rex Brothers PURPLE Refractor #224/999

Nice. I love purple Rockies cards. :)

Do you collect Rex Brothers?
Cough Cough
huge.42.210959.JPG

Groat

Feb 7, 2009
I figure that maybe you guys can help me with something. Does anybody on the boards collect Mike Schmidt in a big way?

JackLondon

Aug 23, 2008
California
We are back from a day of book shlepping at one of Chris' libraries. Got a lot done, but it ain't finished.

Heard that her elementary school (which is in one of the toughest parts of Long Beach) actually has been having a rash of "gang-related turf activity" during recess. No joking. 7 year old kids are emulating their older brothers/cousins and are declaring certain parts of the playground as their turf, complete with flashing gang signs, threats, and fights.

Jeez, what kind of world is this gonna be in twenty years?

JackLondon

Aug 23, 2008
California
George_Calfas said:
JackLondon said:
[quote="George_Calfas":360uh7v3]For those who might have missed this statement:

A-Team

Well, that is the great thing about America; we are all entitled to our opinions.... :| ;)

Andrew, if I were stating an opinion you would know, however, I am a scientific mind and I Only express facts.[/quote:360uh7v3]

Interesting theory, George. Write a paper on it. :D

steve-a-reno

Aug 7, 2008
JackLondon said:
We are back from a day of book shlepping at one of Chris' libraries. Got a lot done, but it ain't finished.

Heard that her elementary school (which is in one of the toughest parts of Long Beach) actually has been having a rash of "gang-related turf activity" during recess. No joking. 7 year old kids are emulating their older brothers/cousins and are declaring certain parts of the playground as their turf, complete with flashing gang signs, threats, and fights.

Sorry to hear, and I know. I'm working on it 20 kids at a time.

JackLondon

Aug 23, 2008
California
steve-a-reno said:
JackLondon said:

Sorry to hear, and I know. I'm working on it 20 kids at a time.

Teachers like you and Chris will help the situation as much as possible.

District meeting tomorrow to see if Chris and several hundred others will still have a job next Fall.

Keep a good thought for her tomorrow, guys! :)

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
JackLondon said:
George_Calfas said:
JackLondon said:
[quote="George_Calfas":3p331enh]For those who might have missed this statement:

A-Team

Andrew, if I were stating an opinion you would know, however, I am a scientific mind and I Only express facts.

Interesting theory, George. Write a paper on it. :D[/quote:3p331enh]

No need to write a proof or a long drawn out paper, the axiomatic statement above sufficient.

JackLondon

Aug 23, 2008
California
George_Calfas said:
JackLondon said:
[quote="George_Calfas":1i4kaq4s]
JackLondon said:
[quote="George_Calfas":1i4kaq4s]For those who might have missed this statement:

A-Team

Interesting theory, George. Write a paper on it. :D[/quote:1i4kaq4s]

No need to write a proof or a long drawn out paper, the axiomatic statement above sufficient.[/quote:1i4kaq4s]

You liked the A Team movie and still use 5 syllable words? Something doesn't add up here... :p

Members online

Latest posts