Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Time Has Come for Tighter Moderation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
it will never turn into SCF but the new direction is needed. We think it is the right move.

Kind of a strange route to take being that patronage is down and the #1 competitor is Lord of the Flies 2.0 and it's bustling over there.

I don't think that MORE moderation will bring people here, but will have an adverse affect. I haven't even seen much action here lately, let alone a bunch of negative stuff. There's not even much going on here and now we have to watch what we say and do more? I just hope FCB doesn't turn into SCF. That place sucks. But whatever. It ain't my forum.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
I know gilmo wasn't a bmb moderator.

Instead of banning, just make the offender watch box breaks of wbc tribute for hours. That'll teach them.

Sent from my HTCONE using Freedom Card Board mobile app

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
Whom moderates moderators? The can be VERY condescending at times. So there will be no more condescending moderators comments? I took my meds today.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
We have moderators who moderate differently. We are all capable of doing the job that needs to be done.

Whom moderates moderators? The can be VERY condescending at times. So there will be no more condescending moderators comments? I took my meds today.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
It seems that 20+% of the posts these days are from moderators...and while a 5:1 ratio may be impressively good for a classroom, for a forum it seems to be a lot. During my time as a moderator (comical, I know), it seemed like there was very little moderator "action" taken short of the egregious ones. It honestly seems like there are more people with moderator in their tagline today than two years ago when the site was 10 times as active.

There are plenty of reasons why viewership may be down, but I don't see the thought that loose moderation is one of those. That said, if the moderator team believes that loose moderation is a reason that traffic is down...then perhaps the problem is within the moderation team...not just the principles that they are basing moderation on.

I don't know gents, FCB has had a pretty good run and has a solid core group...but like every hobby...certain waves affect certain sites.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
Sounds like this place is going to be a real hoot. lol As if it wasn't getting slow enough, let's needlessly clamp down on moderation when it's not even bad here to begin with. That'll get everyone back. :?

I get wanting people to behave and be civil with each other, but sending out a "warning shot" like this seems counterproductive if you want more traffic. As I said, the direct competition is a madhouse and it's doing just fine, and FCB is tame comparatively. I guess I just don't get the timing. I haven't seen anything all that terrible in a long time. Not enough to "clamp down" anyway.

Last edited:

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
If nothing got accomplished over at BO and SCF and the countless other forums I have been a part of when they did this I am not sure what you guys expect to happen here.

If you ask around the net about FCB most would attach this site to a certain card maker before this so called need for tighter moderation. But I guess it is what it is in the end. We had a great run it was fun knowing you guys.

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
Sounds like this place is going to be a real hoot. lol As if it wasn't getting slow enough, let's needlessly clamp down on moderation when it's not even bad to begin with. That'll get everyone back. :?

Not even that bad to begin with? I respectfully disagree with you on this as I left for three months because of derailed and intentionally nasty comments and came back to see more of the same. I think most come here to talk sportscards and there are many I have talked to who have abandoned this place over just this reason. I think it is a great move to keep threads on track and move all the other "stuff" to the general talk area. I applaud Chris and the rest of the Moderators in making this move. Not that it is going to matter but I do intend to frequent the boards more than I have in the recent past if they are going to stick to this new plan.

allstars

Mar 17, 2009
You should change the name of the site while you're at it, just because some don't like what someone says doesn't mean everyone doesn't like them. I come here to be myself, not to think about what I'm saying before I say it. JMHO

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
Not even that bad to begin with? I respectfully disagree with you on this as I left for three months because of derailed and intentionally nasty comments and came back to see more of the same. I think most come here to talk sportscards and there are many I have talked to who have abandoned this place over just this reason. I think it is a great move to keep threads on track and move all the other "stuff" to the general talk area. I applaud Chris and the rest of the Moderators in making this move. Not that it is going to matter but I do intend to frequent the boards more than I have in the recent past if they are going to stick to this new plan.

Did you quit trading card message boards, or did you go to other ones? Because I am on most of them and FCB is the tamest one I have ever been on, other than SCF and Beckett, which are just dead when it comes to the talk sections. Maybe you are just overly sensitive. Show me a thread that is so bad that FCB needs some kind of overhaul in moderation. I don't see any.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts