Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Time Has Come for Tighter Moderation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
I think that if a person post's a thread about a pickup or has a opinion about the topic, he shouldn't be jumped on for that. we all can disagree if we want to.
im all for this.. don't be a dick.

theacox

Jan 19, 2013
Most of the people posting in this thread are the hard core users of this site, so thought I would throw In my two cents as mostly a lurker.

I come to fcb for information and to see people's collection. I go to bo for the additions to my ignore list. I wouldn't want to see fcb become that.
I kind of agree with IUjapander, but I fixed it above.

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
I think this is all dumb...obviously [MENTION=1720]cgilmo[/MENTION] and the other mods have a 1% in mind...Why not ban that one percent now, and carry on instead of hiking up the shorts and acting like "big changes" are coming or are even needed. Bottom line: something has got to be done to promote more members/more posting. "Tighter" moderation is like throwing chemical weapons at the innocent poor folk...

pootshwan

Jan 26, 2010
Connecticut
I think that if a person post's a thread about a pickup or has a opinion about the topic, he shouldn't be jumped on for that. we all can disagree if we want to.
im all for this.. don't be a dick.

Yea, probably why most people that visit are lurkers. FCB kind of has that high school and cliquey atmosphere that most people try to avoid. I think the best way to describe a lot of members here in one word is pretentious. Heaven forbid you disagree with one of the tenured guys. You will have 20 of his best buddies insulting you every way possible. Imagine being a younger kid (13-17 years old) and having 20 adults attacking you via a message board. Would you ever go back? lol

Blowout is very accepting of kids, and look at the success that forum is having.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
Blowout is the antithesis of FCB. It's mostly kids with some adults strewn about, where FCB is mostly adults with some kids strewn about. Of course things will be different. You wanna go hang out with a bunch of kids, you go to Blowout, BMB, or SCF. You want something a little more mature, you go to FCB, PSA or NET54. That's how I have always seen it anyway. I'm guessing Chris would rather be somewhere in between. I have no idea why people left FCB, but I would bet that it has nothing to do with "big meanies". BO is flourishing and it's mostly immature, bratty kids being snarky and rude to each other relentlessly. It's not like they are modded heavily for that type of stuff. The only thing mods there seem to care about is the business of Blowout, ie don't bad mouth BO, don't advertise anything that's not BO, only BO box breaks, etc.

Last edited:
I don't see how the changes will make the site more or less used.. It may allow people to feel better about posting dumb XXXX.. But it's not going to cause any users to leave (unless they are habitual violators and you dont want them here anyways) and it won't increase traffic unless someone is like "oh lookie that guys a dumb XXXX sissy La la too.. imma post why I like BCCG graded cards"

This doesn't effect me in the least. If I say something that hurts, bothers, angers others I'm fine with the consequences doled out by management.

To the clique mentality.. It's not being intentionally *******.. Or difficult.. But a lot of us have been "together" since bmb. We were on the transition board together and made this home after Chris put in dirt. We stand up for each other and a lot of times understand the implied tone and don't wear it as some newer members do.

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
Lotta people, still reading a lotta stuff into this that isn't there.

Guys maybe some of you need to read gilmos post. Its not going to be like bmb or scf. Just need to tighten things up a bit.

Maybe you Mods could offer an example post of what ya'll are trying to stop? Not for nothing but it's all talk from the top and it'd be nice to see a few past examples of posts that will no longer be acceptable.

In the sportscard scene, this place is candyland. It would help clear things up for all if you would show examples of behavior that is no longer acceptable.

A_Pharis

I think this is all dumb...obviously @cgilmo and the other mods have a 1% in mind...Why not ban that one percent now, and carry on instead of hiking up the shorts and acting like "big changes" are coming or are even needed. Bottom line: something has got to be done to promote more members/more posting. "Tighter" moderation is like throwing chemical weapons at the innocent poor folk...

Ehhh... the moderation won't negatively affect any "innocent" folk. The world's not ending, guys. Just no more being a dick for the sake of it.

A_Pharis

Blowout is the antithesis of FCB. It's mostly kids with some adults strewn about, where FCB is mostly adults with some kids strewn about. Of course things will be different. You wanna go hang out with a bunch of kids, you go to Blowout, BMB, or SCF. You want something a little more mature, you go to FCB, PSA or NET54. That's how I have always seen it anyway. I'm guessing Chris would rather be somewhere in between. I have no idea why people left FCB, but I would bet that it has nothing to do with "big meanies". BO is flourishing and it's mostly immature, bratty kids being snarky and rude to each other relentlessly. It's not like they are modded heavily for that type of stuff. The only thing mods there seem to care about is the business of Blowout, ie don't bad mouth BO, don't advertise anything that's not BO, only BO box breaks, etc.

But you want us to continue letting people be snarky and rude to each other relentlessly?

A_Pharis

I don't see how the changes will make the site more or less used.. It may allow people to feel better about posting dumb XXXX.. But it's not going to cause any users to leave (unless they are habitual violators and you dont want them here anyways) and it won't increase traffic unless someone is like "oh lookie that guys a dumb XXXX sissy La la too.. imma post why I like BCCG graded cards"

This doesn't effect me in the least. If I say something that hurts, bothers, angers others I'm fine with the consequences doled out by management.

Funny thing is... as crude as you can be - I don't know if I frequently see you go into threads just to start something. <3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts