Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Thoughts on fake/real patch card

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrwhitesox30

Oct 7, 2008
Fleer was pretty good about putting jerseys in jersey cards and patches in patch cards, so I would go with fake on this one, as that is supposed to be a triple jersey card.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
My gut tells me fake... it's numbered out of #/225 lol; that's a hell of a prime #/225... also, use the zoom and look at that far left box, it looks like bottom right area of it is messed up or tampered with. Just IMO.

corockies

Mar 23, 2013
Colorado
Thoughts appreciated. Is this a legit manufacturer released triple patch or do you think someone tampered with the original to create this beauty?

http://bit.ly/1c81qA3

Someone did a before and after of this card - the before was 3 normal jersey pieces. Can't find a link to it though.

FWIW here's a couple others from the same set serial #ed /99 with jersey swatches more likely to what you should find on these cards:

Dontrelle Willis Webb Berroa 2004 Fleer Classic clipping Jersey Rack 71 99 | eBay
2004 Miguel Cabrera Fleer Classic clippings Triple Jersey Rack 'D 99 Very RARE | eBay

Also there's three others like on comc serial #ed /225 w/normal jersey swatches:

2004 Classic Clippings Jersey Rack Triple Blue Baseball Cards - COMC

I believe can safely say with 100% certainty that the card in question is fake.

Last edited:

PoseyBuster

Banned
Jul 17, 2013
I don't like to call BS on the "Fake patch" type threads, as occasionally, there IS a legit patch in a high run jersey set.

But mrwhite was right, Fleer was good about saving their patches for patch cards, plus the print run is /225 and even if there happened to be a patch piece, it would be not as cool of a patch, and would most likely be 1 player. Plus, until 2009 or so, very few patch cards were centered, you usually get a side strip of a couple colors or one corner of the jersey having a patch type piece.

cstmleather

Jan 14, 2009
Fake. The plain jersey cards from that set read "Jersey Rack" and the patch cards read "Patch Rack".

Jersey
AUAndersonG2004CCJR2.jpg

Patch
AUAndersonG2004CCPR5b.jpg

Members online