Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Value Boxes keep on giving

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
A member of another forum ripped 32 boxes and hit:

(2) Banuelos Base Autos

Manny Banuelos RED REFRACTOR Auto /5

and

Eric Hosmer Printing Plate Auto 1/1

Just crazy that all of these monster hits are sitting in those boxes.....

skrip

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
noaskiecards said:
are these the boxes with only one pack of bowman chrome for $14.99?

Correct, Walmart has them for $10.99.

Same boxes that have contained the Matt Moore and Eric Hosmer Superfractor Autos.

skrip

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
I need that Banuelos for the rainbow. Can you get me the member and forum or drop him my contact info?

Much appreciated!!

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I finally found and opened 2 and got a veteran refractor (Jose Reyes or someone) in one and no Chrome 'hit' in the other. While hitting a Banuelos red and 3 other autos is great, the 28 other boxes he bought probably yielded little. So it all balances out.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
smapdi said:
I finally found and opened 2 and got a veteran refractor (Jose Reyes or someone) in one and no Chrome 'hit' in the other. While hitting a Banuelos red and 3 other autos is great, the 28 other boxes he bought probably yielded little. So it all balances out.

Well, I would say he came out ahead, by ALOT. The two big hits alone will net somewhere in the $1300-$1500 range, soooooo yeah......

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
ballerskrip said:
smapdi said:
Well, I would say he came out ahead, by ALOT. The two big hits alone will net somewhere in the $1300-$1500 range, soooooo yeah......
But his point is, these aren't loaded like everyone keeps bitching about.

His other 28 boxes likely yielded nothing.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
ChasHawk said:
ballerskrip said:
smapdi said:

Oh, I hear you. They are hit an miss like any other wax. No dobut about. I have ripped 100+ of them, so I would say that I have a good idea on that.

BUT, when you think that at bear minimum these were pulled, certainly says something

Matt Moore superfractor Auto
Eric Hosmer Superfractor Auto
Eric Hosmer plate auto 1/1
Multiple Bryce Harper Gold Refractor Autos
Manny Banuelos RED Refractor Auto /5

Plus many more including many other Superfractors and plate Autos.

When 2 of the 3 best cards from the entire set have been pulled from value boxes, it is hard to ignore.

Skrip

ajbraves25

Aug 9, 2008
Springfield, IL
ballerskrip said:
ChasHawk said:
ballerskrip said:
smapdi said:

Oh, I hear you. They are hit an miss like any other wax. No dobut about. I have ripped 100+ of them, so I would say that I have a good idea on that.

BUT, when you think that at bear minimum these were pulled, certainly says something

Matt Moore superfractor Auto
Eric Hosmer Superfractor Auto
Eric Hosmer plate auto 1/1
Multiple Bryce Harper Gold Refractor Autos
Manny Banuelos RED Refractor Auto /5
Brett Lawrie Blue Refractor redemption
Multiple Brett Lawrie Redemption autos
Brett Lawrie Superfractor auto Redemption

Plus many more including many other Superfractors and plate Autos.

When 2 of the 3 best cards from the entire set have been pulled from value boxes, it is hard to ignore.

Skrip

I added the Lawrie info I have seen from other sites. With Moore, Hosmer and Lawrie Supers coming that route it is just stunning.

~AJ

jmagic87

Sep 27, 2008
Mass
nothing compared to those pulls but i have bought 2 at Walmart 1st one was pure junk best card was harper base chrome (BCP111 base)
with nothing special at all in the topps

however in the 2nd value box base topps again had nothing but the pack of chrome had both a brett lawrie base chrome (bcp175) and right behind that bcp 171 blue refractor auto of Luis Heredia

would of done a backflip if it was a lawrie but still a very nice pack

rebelpawn

Aug 7, 2008
La Jolla. CA
The eight of them that I've open have given me.....

crap.

Not one auto, jersey, or numbered card.

I guess they all can't be winners....

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
rebelpawn said:
The eight of them that I've open have given me.....

crap.

Not one auto, jersey, or numbered card.

I guess they all can't be winners....

I have not opened any of these value boxes and I do not know how many value boxes were put together by Topps. But what you said is key. For every AMAZING hit that has been found in the value boxes there are hundreds that no one talks about that produced less than normal results.

I imagine after the first superfractor auto was pulled, every prospector and then some went out and bought any of the VB they could set their eyes on.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
Imagine, if everyone listened to my post back in NOVEMBER to buy these there would be less of a chance that a 5 year old pulled the Harper Superfractor. ;)

theotherCUTCH

May 28, 2011
theres two sitting at my local walmart, have been marked down to 10.98 or somethin for a few weeks. i might grab them tomorrow

jmagic87

Sep 27, 2008
Mass
ive been looking at all the walmarts and target ive been around none seem to have any left one local CD chain (newbury comics) has one but they want 22.99 for it x.x

i keep seeing a LOT of the football boxes with cam on the front around are these all retails packs also or is there a hobby pack in there

zookerman182

Aug 17, 2008
Huntsville, AL
they are everywhere here in Huntsville. i bought 3 boxes and got zippo.

There are 5 left at target and 4 left at wally world.

i know this because i want to buy them everytime i walk past them.

Members online

Latest posts