Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Video Spotting FAKE Clemens 1984 PawSox Rookie to hopefully help anyone looking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jmc855

Jan 11, 2013
RI
I made this video to hopefully aid anyone interested in this card or buying it. As I say in the video, as a Clemens guy since a little kid in the 80s, unfortunately I learned my "lesson" on this fake the hard way and had a helpful LCS owner explain it to me. As more people get into this hobby and its "at a high", I think its important to provide as much help as we can if we know things. I would love to see other collector enthusiasts share similar examples of other faked cards if they know. I've probably seen at least 5 other fakes in m y time besides the one I got stuck with in the early 90s. All the same as this one and the one I had.

Ideally if there were others like this, I'd love to see each video linked from something like the Cardpedia website for each card as an attached link. it could be an awesome resource after some compilation from hobby enthusiasts in my opinion. Unfortunately, Cardpedia doesn't provide detail on the 1984 TCMA set. I'm not sure if they are even open to such an idea, I'm just spitballing.

chadgwynn

Jun 13, 2011
I’m a gwynn guy. But nicely done. I know the feeling. Bought fake tickets in Chicago for a regular season cubs game because wanted to sit in good seats with my soon to be wife. Being from Massachusetts had to go to wriggle while in Indiana and just so happen to be padres playing. I never thought for a second someone would fake a regular season cubs game especially when they stunk. Was less than $100 but still I know the feeling. Story ended great and paid $120 at box in 2nd inning for behind dugout seats. Padres won 1-0 and there was a fight.

Other funny part was we parked at McDonald’s for $25 and if we wanted to leave we couldn’t have the people that rent parked our car in the middle of two others and they were gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

jmc855

Jan 11, 2013
RI
I’m a gwynn guy. But nicely done. I know the feeling. Bought fake tickets in Chicago for a regular season cubs game because wanted to sit in good seats with my soon to be wife. Being from Massachusetts had to go to wriggle while in Indiana and just so happen to be padres playing. I never thought for a second someone would fake a regular season cubs game especially when they stunk. Was less than $100 but still I know the feeling. Story ended great and paid $120 at box in 2nd inning for behind dugout seats. Padres won 1-0 and there was a fight.

Other funny part was we parked at McDonald’s for $25 and if we wanted to leave we couldn’t have the people that rent parked our car in the middle of two others and they were gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app
Thanks! thats nuts about the fake tickets. Not surprised about the rented parking lot though lol.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts