Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Welcome to Detroit, Mr. Peralta

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
First 3 AB: solo HR, walk, 2 Run HR

Perhaps he may be able to hit behind Cabrera to finish the year, who knows.

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
OhioBobcat3 said:
It's nice to see Jhonny hitting for once. You know what they say about blind squirrels though...

He has as many hits in 1 game that Boesch has in about 4 months, LOL.

OhioBobcat3

Aug 7, 2008
Ohio
hail2thevictors said:
OhioBobcat3 said:
It's nice to see Jhonny hitting for once. You know what they say about blind squirrels though...

Just saw that he got his 3rd hit of the game. 3-3, 2 HR, 3 RBI, 2 runs, BB -- BEST game he's had all year and it's not even close. Hopefully he turns his offensive game around for the Tigers. I'm shocked at how well he's done tonight.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
hail2thevictors said:
OhioBobcat3 said:

Come on, let's not sell Boesch short now...it's just since the all star break :benson:

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
This just in....

Jim Leyland is a freakin idiot.

Brings Valverde in, with a 6-1 lead no less, to finish off the 8th inning(which he NEVER does). He gets out of the 8th, labors in the 9th and just gave up a grand slam to Papi.

I have no idea what Leyland is thinking-he never brings in Valverde in the 8th, and never brings him in with a 5 run lead. It just makes no sense-I hope we lose this game so this gets exposed. I'm so sick of this joker managing the Tigers.

Rant=done.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
hail2thevictors said:
This just in....

Jim Leyland is a freakin idiot.

Brings Valverde in, with a 6-1 lead no less, to finish off the 8th inning(which he NEVER does). He gets out of the 8th, labors in the 9th and just gave up a grand slam to Papi.

I have no idea what Leyland is thinking-he never brings in Valverde in the 8th, and never brings him in with a 5 run lead. It just makes no sense-I hope we lose this game so this gets exposed. I'm so sick of this joker managing the Tigers.

Rant=done.

Leyland's stupid decisions keep becoming more and more apparent to me. I'm just getting tired of him costing us wins. When was the last time he made a questionable decision that really paid off? I can't remember.

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
hail2thevictors said:
OhioBobcat3 said:

Boesch has gotten really unlucky during this cold streak. He's crushed some balls right at people. The good thing is he doesn't appear to be totally lost at the plate. The worst is when you see guys swing at pure junk, and then get timid and watch strike three down the middle of the plate.

I think he's being pitched around really well right now. Since he's still young he's more aggresive than he should be at this point with people pitching around him. Which is why they moved him up to try and force people to pitch to him. He's also taking more walks than I thought he'd ever take.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
nborton said:
hail2thevictors said:
OhioBobcat3 said:

Boesch has gotten really unlucky during this cold streak. He's crushed some balls right at people. The good thing is he doesn't appear to be totally lost at the plate. The worst is when you see guys swing at pure junk, and then get timid and watch strike three down the middle of the plate.

I think he's being pitched around really well right now. Since he's still young he's more aggresive than he should be at this point with people pitching around him. Which is why they moved him up to try and force people to pitch to him. He's also taking more walks than I thought he'd ever take.

Boesch is gonna be fine. Just rookie growing pains.

I don't think he's a .320+ hitter though...he was playing a little over his head. I think he'll end up being a career .280 guy. Nothin to scoff at, but certainly not what he was showing early on this year.

Latest posts