Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What's Your First and Favorite Game Used Items?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RogerMarisCollector61

Jan 26, 2010
I don't really have anything game used other than a ball I caught at a phillies game last summer during batting practice. I was just walking down to my seat not paying attention and a screaming line drive down the third base line hit the chair next to me as I was walking and it bounced into the air and just landed in my hand I didn't even try to catch it.

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
First:

IMG_0429.jpg

IMG_0431.jpg

IMG_0430.jpg

Favorite:

20130618_180930.jpg

20130618_181001.jpg

20130618_181010.jpg

20130618_180942.jpg

bballjunky24

Dec 8, 2008
My first official piece of memorabilia was a Chad Tracy game used bat that I bought from an old BMB board member for like $25. I only bought it because I wanted something that was game used, lol...

The official start of my Mark Reynolds memorabilia collection was this game used bat from his RC season. I picked it up in the team shop at the stadium. I now own 5 of his game used bats...

My favorite is this game used jersey... I bought it at the stadium as well. It has the Dbacks 10th anniversary patch on the shoulder and was autographed when I bought it...

I'm going to add a new category of the obscure... I collect NHRA memorabilia and this is a race used set of headers off of a top fuel dragster...

SydBarrett

Mar 6, 2011
I have showed it a few times, but this is my favorite (and only). I was told it was his first professional game used jersey, but I find that hard to believe that someone would give that up-it's possible. 2012 Victor Sanchez Everett AquaSox game used autographs jersey.

KTf4sl.jpg

lXmvDl.jpg

XMyXQl.jpg

swish54_99

Dec 12, 2012
I've only got 2 pieces of gu memorabilia. My first was a bat signed by then Cubs prospect Mitch Atkins. Got it when he was in low-a Peoria. It's a bat from a pitcher in a league where they use the DH, so I'm sure it's just a BP bat. My other, and consequently favorite, is a Dorssys Paulino gu name bat. I took some pictures of him and had him sign them. He really liked them and asked if he could have copies. So I traded them for a bat he broke that night.
Dorssys Paulino bat.JPG
Dorssys Paulino bat 2.JPG
Dorssys Paulino bat 3.JPG

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
I've only got 2 pieces of gu memorabilia. My first was a bat signed by then Cubs prospect Mitch Atkins. Got it when he was in low-a Peoria. It's a bat from a pitcher in a league where they use the DH, so I'm sure it's just a BP bat.

When NL farm teams face NL farm teams they don't use the DH.

jays1fan

Jul 3, 2010
Indiana
Could be my NEW favorite , just got the Glove in today. ( More Pics on my website )
HalladayGlove.JPG
Also Have his 2006 ALL-STAR locker Name Plate with MLB Hologram.
HalladayNP.jpg

Last edited:

TGutta

May 30, 2010
Minnetonka, Minnesota
First: Denard Span Batting Gloves, signed at TwinsFest in 2011 I believe.

Favorite: It's close between this and a jersey that I bought this year at TwinsFest, but I bought the bat and a couple months later he had a free signing that happened to be on my birthday. Had a nice long conversation about it and he inscribed it without even asking!

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
Not in the minor leagues. The MWL is a DH league. I want to say most, if not all, of the other levels also use the DH, but I'm not 100% sure on that.
Even if they have the DH, lower levels of MILB, the pitchers, especially on the NL affiliated teams, take batting practice a few times a week.

bballjunky24

Dec 8, 2008
Nice!

I go past BIR every so often. NHRA is really popular up there. Never been to the Summer Nationals though.

How do you get stuff like that?

At the NHRA races some of the teams actually sell the stuff at their souvenir trailers. Every so often when a car blows up they sell the parts. I picked up the headers for like $50 5 years ago. I also have a race used rear drag slick that we use as a coffee table (with a sheet of glass over it) and a few other odds and ends...

Members online