Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Will Troy Tulowitzki ever put it together for a full season?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Just want to throw this out there. If anyone does bust any boxes of Rookie Cup, I'm looking for the Bake McBride plastic Topps Rookie Team Cup thing, I forget the technical name. The one with the original card with the plastic emblem embedded in it. McBrides were #/7, I think, but I've never seen one.

Lars

Aug 25, 2008
To answer the thread title's question: Nope, not this year.

The Rockies just put Tulo on the DL with a hip strain.

It's a shame this guy won't have the big career stats because he gets hurt so much.

He turns 30 in a couple of months and only has 1,000 hits and 173 home runs.
He'll be lucky to double that, and with the Coors Field stigma, he has no shot at the Hall of Fame.

Unlike previous Coors Field hitters, Tulowitzki will be seen as a better all-around player than the usual 1B/OF sluggers whose numbers have been helped by the ballpark.

Maybe with another team, Tulowitzki's numbers do dip and he is a different player, but as a shortstop, he has a good chance of entering the Hall of Fame via the Barry Larkin route as long as he can continue to put up some numbers for one team despite not playing full seasons.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Unlike previous Coors Field hitters, Tulowitzki will be seen as a better all-around player than the usual 1B/OF sluggers whose numbers have been helped by the ballpark.
Maybe being a shortstop helps, but I don't know, these extremely lopsided home/away splits so far in roughly the same number of at bats are hard to ignore:

Coors: .418 avg., 14 homers, 35 rbi, 44 runs, 11 doubles

Away: .265 avg., 7 homers, 17 rbi, 27 runs, 6 doubles

maxe0213

Oct 10, 2012
California and Oregon for school

Maybe with another team, Tulowitzki's numbers do dip and he is a different player, but as a shortstop, he has a good chance of entering the Hall of Fame via the Barry Larkin route as long as he can continue to put up some numbers for one team despite not playing full seasons.
No way does he make the HOF. Have you looked at his numbers ? Sure they are good but he doesn't play enough to put up big numbers in order to achieve the milestones needed for the HOF.

Lars

Aug 25, 2008
No way does he make the HOF. Have you looked at his numbers ? Sure they are good but he doesn't play enough to put up big numbers in order to achieve the milestones needed for the HOF.

He is a shortstop and the milestones they have to reach for serious consideration is a bit less than a guy who can essentially focus on compiling numbers.

Injuries and the Coors Field effect may ding him but he might be the best player in the NL when he is on the field.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008

Per 162 he is one of the top 2-3 offensive shortstops to ever play. He has obviously not played long enough to be on the conversation yet but he certainly has a better shot than most players.

Members online