Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

More on players with 4 HR games

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
This is the first time in MLB history that a Perfect Game and 4 Home Run game happened in the same season.... lets add an unassisted triple play later to really make this season memorable.

Perfect Games - 19
4 Home Run Games - 16
Unassisted Triple Plays - 15

jumbojohnny

Aug 7, 2008
I was watching this game and called the first and last HR before he got to plate. Then again I guess most fans are always hoping for a HR from your favorite player...

"Shawn Green, Los Angeles Dodgers, May 23, 2002. Green’s box-score line is one of the best ever: 6-6-6-7. His two other hits were a double and a single, for 19 total bases. His six runs scored is an even rarer feat than his four homers; only six players have done it since 1900. His fourth home run was the middle of three straight for the Dodgers, between Adrian Beltre and Dave Hansen."

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
I was watching this game and called the first and last HR before he got to plate.

"Shawn Green, Los Angeles Dodgers, May 23, 2002.
Green’s box-score line is one of the best ever: 6-6-6-7. His two other hits were a double and a single, for 19 total bases. His six runs scored is an even rarer feat than his four homers; only six players have done it since 1900. His fourth home run was the middle of three straight for the Dodgers, between Adrian Beltre and Dave Hansen."

Really? That's awesome.

I have no idea but for some reason the game I remember most distinctly is Mark Whiten's.

leatherman

Aug 7, 2008
The Atlanta suburbs
Here's a much rarer club:

Players who started and finished a game, and hit Home Runs in all of their plate appearances:

Code:
Rk           Player          Date PA AB R H HR RBI
1    Carlos Delgado    2003-09-25  4  4 4 4  4   6

2        Del Wilber 1951-08-27(2)  3  3 3 3  3   3

3    Andre Thornton    1986-05-06  2  2 2 2  2   5
4       Frank Duffy    1977-06-30  2  2 2 2  2   2

Thornton and Duffy both had games shortened by rain, but Del Wilber's game went all 9. He batted 8th, and his 3 solo HRs provided all the game's runs. As he was on the winning home team, they didn't need to bat in the bottom of the 9th.

Provided by Baseball-Reference.com: View Play Index Tool Used
Generated 5/10/2012.

masonphillip

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Sarcasm?...

No! Not at all - these things are truly so rare that when you combine their rarity with the % of baseball games in total that you watch - what you wind up getting is a once in a lifetime chance to see that sort of thing happen live!

jumbojohnny

Aug 7, 2008
No! Not at all - these things are truly so rare that when you combine their rarity with the % of baseball games in total that you watch - what you wind up getting is a once in a lifetime chance to see that sort of thing happen live!

I was just unsure, thats why I asked. I rather not assume and end up acting like a few of the notoriuos internet Tuff Guys.

I have been a Shawn Green fan since 1996...one of my happiest days as a fan came when they announced he was going to the Mets. I finally was going to get my cake and eat it too. Granted his best years were in LA, but he made a lot of us matza eating folks happy.

Latest posts